Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

A real “nothing to see here” / “boys will be boys” vibe from this social democrat.

https://twitter.com/killianodris/status/1405825916706725888?s=21

Exactly why I renounced my SocDems membership. Its full to the brim of politically correct woke geebags.

A real pity because they had potential to fill a big vacuum with people turning away from FF, FG LAB and SF.

They will make no traction with members like this.

Exactly why I renounced my SocDems membership. Its full to the brim of politically correct woke geebags.

A real pity because they had potential to fill a big vacuum with people turning away from FF, FG LAB and SF.

They will make no traction with members like this.

Yep. I actually voted for them a couple of times.

No more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I remember working in abrakebabra in Westmoreland St in the 90's and a couple of yobs came in and beat up the bouncer.
    They were chatting and next thing they have his jacket pulled over his head and laid into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They should be arrested with force, but not brutally beating when arrested, then they should be charged and in court and sentenced to 8 years in jail.
    It's really quite simple, I dunno what the issue is in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just had a gander at his posts. Just some UCD law student who's still in the virtuous "know it all" stage of their lives.

He blokes if you try and debate him. I had a glance through those who liked his tweet - an echo chamber of mostly SJWs and a few academics.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Drop the "height" discussion. That's not for this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

They should be arrested with force, but not brutally beating when arrested, then they should be charged and in court and sentenced to 8 years in jail.

8 years in what jail.? does one exist that the rest us know nothing about?
    Existing jails are full/overcrowded at the moment.
    8 years in jail @ 200k euro comes to 1.6 million euro.

3 scumbags involved so 1.6 million X 3 amounts to 4.8 million euro (minimum)
    that it would cost the taxpayer excluding the fees incurred from our legal 'industry'.
    Still think it's quite simple.?

I suggest we use these millions to invest in proper policing to stamp out these scumbags, outsourced if necessary, rather than putting a 'ring of steel' around a tiny village in county Cavan to prevent old age pensioners attending Sunday Mass, like was ordered by Drew Harris some weeks back.

I have witnessed first hand how scumbags like these are treated at holiday destinations throughout Europe and beyond. Out there some of them would've wished they received 8 years in jail as an alternative.!!

Time to wake up folks.

Yep. I actually voted for them a couple of times.

No more.

Likewise. Gave them #1 last year. Won’t be repeating that mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

washman3 wrote: »

I suggest we use these millions to invest in proper policing to stamp out these scumbags, outsourced if necessary, rather than putting a 'ring of steel' around a tiny village in county Cavan to prevent old age pensioners attending Sunday Mass, like was ordered by Drew Harris some weeks back.

But the problem is that all this extra policing amounts to nothing because once they get to court they are let off again? Despite the cost, extra prison space being built and long prison sentences are the only feasible solution I can think of.

Personally, I'd like to force prisoners into manual labour on behalf of the state so at least they pay back the cost of their imprisonment by filling potholes or tarmacking roads etc.. but that's probably in violation of some sort of human rights law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

But the problem is that all this extra policing amounts to nothing because once they get to court they are let off again? Despite the cost, extra prison space being built and long prison sentences are the only feasible solution I can think of.

Personally, I'd like to force prisoners into manual labour on behalf of the state so at least they pay back the cost of their imprisonment by filling potholes or tarmacking roads etc.. but that's probably in violation of some sort of human rights law.

Agree, doesn't even have to be manual labour in all cases, I believe there's plenty locked up with decent education or experience, so they could do different tasks or jobs. Might even give to imprisoned people new way of seeing things, values etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Yeah great idea, let's copy Brazil cos they clearly get things so right especially with the gobshyte they have leading them now.

Coming from someone that had Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Its time the workers united against the non-producers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    "Woke" Mary Lou and others Twitter shamed them and they seem to have reigned their Dublin city centre presence way back again
    The are probably redeployed to the roads to catch all the real criminals! The rest are on the social media telling us about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Not brutal beating, but some level of beating or old school policing would be great. I'm not a violent person, but one thing I can't cope with are aggressive people, drunk sober, doesn't matter. If someone decides to act like clown, well there should be the same bounce back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There would be zero, the skangers were clearly the aggressors and self defence is justifiable use of force

People also try and make out that you cant defend yourself. I dont know why because we see it daily

The bar staff followed them down the street. That wouldn't go in favour of the bar staff is charges were brought.

But just to be clear, I applaud the bar staff. Pity they didn't kick the fcuk out of the scrotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,115 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    The are probably redeployed to the roads to catch all the real criminals! The rest are on the social media telling us about it!

Yeah, sure why would you need any Gardai on the road at all at all;

https://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/gardai-investigating-third-hit-and-run-against-cyclists-in-one-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The only thing shocking about it, is that there's absolutely nothing shocking about it.

I'd like to buy the gamey lads who attempted the roundhouse and went after them with café tables a beer, but it's poor form by the bystanders not to jump in. These staff are only here breaking their boll1x so we can have a sociable beer, they deserve to be backed up whenever and wherever these feckers show up.

100% agree. I worked in a pub for years, years ago, one sunday a group of undesirables arrived in, started causing trouble from the get go. They came in drunk. After 2 drinks the management asked them to leave. It's a family run pub, 5 of the brothers happened to be on the premises. There were about 15 in the other group.

Things started to kick off then, they didnt want to leave, the leader of their group started getting real cocky and goes "well theres 15 of us and only 5 of ye" about 2 seconds later half the pub stood up behind the brothers, biggest bar brawl I ever seen, was epic. They weren't long getting rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The guy in grey here looks early 20s to you?

Seriously?

And the three others who look like kids with him? What ages are they?

Even if the lad in grey is early 20s, that still leaves one of the workers getting arrested

https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1405758149693370374

Sure it's a different lifecycle. They can often appear (and sound like) 12 years well into their twenties. Then the hard living transforms them into looking late 50's by the time they are in their late twenties/thirties.

But the problem is that all this extra policing amounts to nothing because once they get to COURT they are let off again? Despite the cost, extra prison space being built and long prison sentences are the only feasible solution I can think of.

I didn't mention anything about a court....;)

A hospital more likely...;)

druss wrote: »
    Sure it's a different lifecycle. They can often appear (and sound like) 12 years well into their twenties. Then the hard living transforms them into looking late 50's by the time they are in their late twenties/thirties.

The little cowardly fart who constantly blind-sided the bar workers with missiles and eventually inflicted the damage with the bottle is 18.

Imagine what he will be capable of at 28...!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

washman3 wrote: »
    The little cowardly fart who constantly blind-sided the bar workers with missiles and eventually inflicted the damage with the bottle is 18.

Imagine what he will be capable of at 28...!!!

Dead? Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Should be making use of all the islands around Ireland, send them there to produce something saleable . Send them to Great-Blasket Case Island off Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

This is why we can’t have outside dining like they do in civilized cities like Rome,Paris,Madrid etc where people can dine without feral youths bothering you, also the local police would have waded in there in no time.
    Our guards never seem to be around when these things kick off. Hardly a resource issue when they can be all over the city at checkpoints asking people where they are going.

Dead? Maybe.

Some may say hopefully....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

This is why we can’t have outside dining like they do in civilized cities like Rome,Paris,Madrid etc where people can dine without feral youths bothering you, also the local police would have waded in there in no time.
    Our guards never seem to be around when these things kick off. Hardly a resource issue when they can be all over the city at checkpoints asking people where they are going.

The Gardai have no check points for weeks now as travel restrictions got lifted

Plenty of people around the area could have stepped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Just been around Temple Bar, South William St area and now in Merrion Square. Beautiful weather and everywhere packed outside with people eating and drinking.
    Most people dont seem to be as terrified of kids in tracksuits as social media might make you think. Great buzz in the city.
    A few police in SW street at night and all would be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Just had a gander at his posts. Just some UCD law student who's still in the virtuous "know it all" stage of their lives.

It's very hard to take someone seriously when they have him/he on their bio . As parts of Dublin continually seems to churn scumbags out year after year , our colleges continually churn out middle class woke idiots who'll defend them .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Just been around Temple Bar, South William St area and now in Merrion Square. Beautiful weather and everywhere packed outside with people eating and drinking.
    Most people dont seem to be as terrified of kids in tracksuits as social media might make you think. Great buzz in the city.
    A few police in SW street at night and all would be ok.

If they do start trouble the majority should just teach them a little lesson. :p

It's very hard to take someone seriously when they have him/he on their bio . As parts of Dublin continually seems to churn scumbags out year after year , our colleges continually churn out middle class woke idiots who'll defend them .

If the attackers were well-heeled lads from a fee-paying school then Killian and his SD mates wouldn't be as quick to brush this off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Should be making use of all the islands around Ireland, send them there to produce something saleable . Send them to Great-Blasket Case Island off Tralee

IPS should re-open Spike Island, thats where all the Dublin joyriders were sent in the mid 1980's, that said they did start a fire which burnt down half of the cell blocks.

A lot of these new ferral teenagers need a good hammering, they dont understand any thing else :D

Advertisement