Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

ineedeuro wrote: »
    If they do start trouble the majority should just teach them a little lesson. :p

Maybe they will next time. Honestly though if you were to go by boards and reddit Ireland, the city centre is a no go zone where you're definitely going to get jumped by scumbags. People saying they emigrated because they felt so threatened here, I mean what the actual f*ck lol. Grow a pair.
    Today and any other time I've been in lately it's just people of all creeds and nationalities hanging around enjoying themselves.
    People just love bashing Dublin, especially those from the rest of the country. It's not the best city in the world but it's pretty great if you make the most of it and have the right attitude. Don't let a few teenagers in tracksuits live in your head rent free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I think the city centre will have to adopt a program similar to Vancouver. I think somewhere up around Granville or Dunsmuir street they had awful problems outside the bars, loads of fights. It became a no go area. They brought in private security for the street, if you acted the maggot they took no ****, held onto you and you went straight into the back of a VPD van and off to the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Another fight in Grafton St this evening involving up to 30 people and one person stabbed according to latest twitter posts.

This is why we can’t have outside dining like they do in civilized cities like Rome,Paris,Madrid etc where people can dine without feral youths bothering you, also the local police would have waded in there in no time.
    Our guards never seem to be around when these things kick off. Hardly a resource issue when they can be all over the city at checkpoints asking people where they are going.

Wow, fair play. That hadnt been said or debunked at all in this thread before now.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Another fight in Grafton St this evening involving up to 30 people and one person stabbed according to latest twitter posts.

any links? can't find anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

any links? can't find anything

I couldn't post the link and cannot find it now?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I couldn't post the link and cannot find it now?

can you find any of the twitter posts now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Wow, fair play. That hadnt been said or debunked at all in this thread before now.

Apologies, didn’t have time to go through all 31 pages before posting.btw what was debunked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

can you find any of the twitter posts now?

https://twitter.com/SteBreen/status/1406303089099952133?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Advertisement

Apologies, didn’t have time to go through all 31 pages before posting.btw what was debunked?

It all

Nothing to see here

well so far there's absolutely nothing on the internet except that one tweet which is kind of odd

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Businesses around Grafton Street won't be as meekly ignored by the govt/city council as those on the northside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Dublin city centre:

JollyNegligibleFinnishspitz-size_restricted.gif

Businesses around Grafton Street won't be as meekly ignored by the govt/city council as those on the northside.

South William Street is on the Northside?

Sorolla wrote: »
    When I see this kind of thing happening in our capital city it causes a great degree of sadness for me.

We, as a society, have failed these young men.
    We have failed to provide them with a good future.

I do not blame these young men for this bad behavior.

The blame lies at our doors.

Every child in Ireland should be thought the basic principles of respect and tolerance.

Our education system has failed for these young men.

We haven’t, their parents are responsible for raising them and once they have reached a certain age they are responsible for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We haven’t, their parents are responsible for raising them and once they have reached a certain age they are responsible for themselves.

Exactly . I raised my three to be kind and decent human beings .That was my job and I did it because I loved them . Its not my responsibility to raise other peoples children its theirs .

And how do you get the kids out of a cycle of scumbaggery? I'm sure we've all seen townie women screaming blue murder in the faces of toddlers on Tablot St. They don't really have much hope do they.

dobman88 wrote: »

I think it's coming to a head. Instances happening more regularly and the scrotes love the attention.

Over to the Govt to step up and sort it out. For every video that goes viral and captures the attention of the public, I can tell you there are multitudes more instances that people are unaware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Maybe they will next time. Honestly though if you were to go by boards and reddit Ireland, the city centre is a no go zone where you're definitely going to get jumped by scumbags. People saying they emigrated because they felt so threatened here, I mean what the actual f*ck lol. Grow a pair.
    Today and any other time I've been in lately it's just people of all creeds and nationalities hanging around enjoying themselves.
    People just love bashing Dublin, especially those from the rest of the country. It's not the best city in the world but it's pretty great if you make the most of it and have the right attitude. Don't let a few teenagers in tracksuits live in your head rent free!

It's easy enough to sidestep the violence but there is violence.

I stumbled upon a big punch up at top of O'Connell St. two weeks ago, 20 lads and girls going at it. I kept walking swiftly away and a Garda van was flying in towards it from Dame St direction. Didn't see what happened after that, I was gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just been around Temple Bar, South William St area and now in Merrion Square. Beautiful weather and everywhere packed outside with people eating and drinking.
    Most people dont seem to be as terrified of kids in tracksuits as social media might make you think. Great buzz in the city.
    A few police in SW street at night and all would be ok.

You are right, things are likely better then they were 20 years ago. But we should still want better.

Ireland is also less racist, less transphobic, less homophobic etc then it was 20 years ago but the job isn't done, it can still improve. Youd swear from the media we were the opposite.

I do think there does seem more a nasty angry at the world bullying side to kids today, but that might just be me. That more weapons and drugs combined with an "always on" media doesn't help.

I do think the justice system is a disgrace especially after speaking to a few guards about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

And how do you get the kids out of a cycle of scumbaggery? I'm sure we've all seen townie women screaming blue murder in the faces of toddlers on Tablot St. They don't really have much hope do they.

This is the biggest problem, we all know there is a problem.

A solution is really difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Parenting courses made mandatory if they are to get childrens allowance .
    Supports for young mothers and encouragement to attend mother and baby classes and playgroups . More social workers and support workers for young mothers . The supports have to be put in place to stop spiralling cycle which is spinning out of control

And stop throwing money and houses at young single mothers which only encourages them to churn out babies

It all

Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This is a long thread, has anyone said why this fight broke out?

kowloon wrote: »

Apparently you have to read it all before commenting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

If the attackers were well-heeled lads from a fee-paying school then Killian and his SD mates wouldn't be as quick to brush this off.

Thank God for Killian and co for looking out for the most marginalized in society , even though they've zero life experience outside of the student union bar and their gender studies course . I don't know how, but they've somehow manage to get Canada Goose ,Monclar, EA7 , Hugo Boss and North Face to kindly donate their most expensive coats and tracksuits to the teenagers of Dublin . If it wasn't for the charities of these companies , there'd be no way the poor teens could afford to be wearing over 800 euros worth of clothing . The poor teens while leaving in the middle of a city with tonnes of job opportunities and colleges still can't seem to find a job or a course due to classist discrimination .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

kowloon wrote: »

Read over on Twitter the scrotes were abusing a woman and the waiters stepped in but don't know if its true or not.

• Advertisement

SoulWriter wrote: »

Well the good thing is these constant fights might actually get the police to start policing like in other Euro centres.

Advertisement