Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Just been around Temple Bar, South William St area and now in Merrion Square. Beautiful weather and everywhere packed outside with people eating and drinking.
    Most people dont seem to be as terrified of kids in tracksuits as social media might make you think. Great buzz in the city.
    A few police in SW street at night and all would be ok.

This aged well :P

Dublin city needs to be flooded with gardai for a few weeks, it’s a ****ing joke now. Although then you’ll have the usual crowd shrieking about police state.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

fullstop wrote: »

Dublin city needs to be flossed with gardai for a few weeks, it’s a ****ing joke now. Although then you’ll have the usual crowd shrieking about police state.

The "Yup Bros" read it and said "Hold me Canada Goose".

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Dublin city needs to be flossed with gardai for a few weeks, it’s a ****ing joke now. Although then you’ll have the usual crowd shrieking about police state.

Well the place will still be full of folks enjoying themselves. A few little scumbags isn't going to ruin everyone's night, they are a tiny minority in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Are FG still the "law and order" party?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Well the place will still be full of folks enjoying themselves. A few little scumbags isn't going to ruin everyone's night, they are a tiny minority in town.

If you think 30 scumbags brawling on one of the main streets in the city is no big deal I don’t really know what to say to ya, especially after the events of the last couple of weeks.
    How long is it not an issue for...until an innocent bystander gets killed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Are FG still the "law and order" party?

They're now the "No homes for anybody" party.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

At what point do we just say we should kick their [les “scrotes”] heads in whether it it guards or civilians. When do we employ the “social contract”?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

If you think 30 scumbags brawling on one of the main streets in the city is no big deal I don’t really know what to say to ya.

A 30 man brawl and Gardai confirned no arrests have been made!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If you think 30 scumbags brawling on one of the main streets in the city is no big deal I don’t really know what to say to ya.

Personally I wont let them ruin my enjoyment of the city no. I def think the Garda will get serious about it now though they'll be under a lot of pressure to sort it out.

Defund the scumbags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Well the good thing is these constant fights might actually get the police to start policing like in other Euro centres.

Until a high court judge is the victim of head injuries in street violence it'll be service as usual.

Maybe a garda week of action entitled "Operation Something or Other" in response, that'll be the most I would expect. I've been living here long enough to know that.

Those that make things happen only act seriously when one of their own is affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

I posted this in another thread:

"Funny how Éamonn Ryan and Hazel Chu, both self-appointed Policing experts, criticised the presence of Garda Public Order vans the last while.

The one thing that worked, albeit for a few days, until politicians intervened. So now they're not going around the city centre, and look what's happening again...

Can a business person claim directly off the green party if their premises is now smashed up I wonder? 🀔 Seeing as they know it all."

Funny now isn't it, how we've had the incident on South william Street and a stabbing in Stephens green?

Where are Chu and Ryan commenting now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-rushed-to-hospital-after-being-stabbed-in-brawl-near-st-stephens-green-40557986.html

Another brawl in st stephens Green. If in such a high foot traffic area with tourists etc if this kind of behaviour is not stamped out firmly. What I mean actual time being bars the iron one Dublin will go to ****. What hope have we

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Patd6

Some kicks by the waiter. Delighted the 3 little ****s making a visit to prison, might make them think twice for future

Get Real wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread:

"Funny how Éamonn Ryan and Hazel Chu, both self-appointed Policing experts, criticised the presence of Garda Public Order vans the last while.

The one thing that worked, albeit for a few days, until politicians intervened. So now they're not going around the city centre, and look what's happening again...

Can a business person claim directly off the green party if their premises is now smashed up I wonder? 🀔 Seeing as they know it all."

Funny now isn't it, how we've had the incident on South william Street and a stabbing in Stephens green?

Where are Chu and Ryan commenting now?

They seem to take the side of the woke crowd which globally seems to be a movement against the police.

Someone should tell these twats the ****ing problems with the police in Ireland are not the same as the problems in the US. Force is actually warrented here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

If you think 30 scumbags brawling on one of the main streets in the city is no big deal I don’t really know what to say to ya, especially after the events of the last couple of weeks.
    How long is it not an issue for...until an innocent bystander gets killed?

Used to be regular mass brawls involving skins mods rockers and punks in the 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Other incidents today too in Temple Bar and around Grafton St https://www.thesun.ie/news/7167744/man-in-late-teens-attacked-st-stephens-green-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Personally I wont let them ruin my enjoyment of the city no. I def think the Garda will get serious about it now though they'll be under a lot of pressure to sort it out.

And whatever they do your Lord Mayor seems to publicly criticise them which isn't really the thing to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

nullzero wrote: »
    They're now the "No homes for anybody" party.

Must be 5 million homeless then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

And whatever they do your Lord Mayor seems to publicly criticise them which isn't really the thing to be doing.

Ya, it'll end up costing jobs. Had the hotels during the week saying occupancy is very low for the summer. No surprise when you've a city with very little to do and loads of scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I think it's coming to a head. Instances happening more regularly and the scrotes love the attention.

Over to the Govt to step up and sort it out. For every video that goes viral and captures the attention of the public, I can tell you there are multitudes more instances that people are unaware of.

The opposite seems to be happening though. There are less Garda public order patrols now than there were two weeks ago. People didn't like the optics and they got curtailed. Surprise surprise, the anti-social behaviour problems have escalated as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

And how do you get the kids out of a cycle of scumbaggery? I'm sure we've all seen townie women screaming blue murder in the faces of toddlers on Tablot St. They don't really have much hope do they.

Would you be suggesting sterilisation maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Stop making popping out babies a career option. Would be where I’d start anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,115 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

iamwhoiam wrote: »

And stop throwing money and houses at young single mothers which only encourages them to churn out babies

Maybe we should set up places where they can live and work instead, laundries and such like, and sell off the babies to "good" families (where "good" = "wealthy") instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Maybe we should set up places where they can live and work instead, laundries and such like, and sell off the babies to "good" families (where "good" = "wealthy") instead?

Hyperbole much ?

And if policing is stepped up in the city to put an end to this thuggery and a couple of scrotes get a few slaps of a baton, it wont be long til the great and the good are whinging on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,115 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hyperbole much ?

Not as much as your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sounds like that might be a good idea going by the videos and the people blaming the poor unfortunates' upbringings.

Might give the kids a chance seeing that the odds are stacked so much against them so much so that they bear no responsibility for their adult actions.

The problem is very different in 2021. Nice try though to water down the issue at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

This whole incident is just a joke. Those people all sitting there watching and laughing as this happens were probably the same people crying for the pubs to open, and have a summer again whilst those barmen are probably on their first week back to work in over a year trying to earn a wage for themselves again having to deal with this whilst getting no help...

Advertisement