Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Get Real wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread:

"Funny how Éamonn Ryan and Hazel Chu, both self-appointed Policing experts, criticised the presence of Garda Public Order vans the last while.

The one thing that worked, albeit for a few days, until politicians intervened. So now they're not going around the city centre, and look what's happening again...

Can a business person claim directly off the green party if their premises is now smashed up I wonder? 🀔 Seeing as they know it all."

Funny now isn't it, how we've had the incident on South william Street and a stabbing in Stephens green?

Where are Chu and Ryan commenting now?

Because the left leaning politicians are part of the problem not the solution . If the garda went in heavy handed and cleaned up the streets , they'd be calling for tribunals and gardas jobs . Whereas people who live in the real world , would be delighted that they don't have to see feral gangs of scum in our capital city when they're out enjoying a pint or a meal .

I was in a bar in Spain years ago , and this bloke came in and the barman wouldn't serve him . An argument ensued and the fella tried to grab the barman , 2 cops were walking by , they came in , picked up the fella and booted him out of the bar . They gave him a stiff warning outside and the fella limped off with his tail between his legs . There was no trying to appease the fella like you see with cops in here or England . In fairness if the cops tried that here they'd lose their jobs, and solicitors and bleeding heart politicians would have a field day . I wouldn't mind that type of policing either would most law abiding citizens . No pussyfooting about , give scum a taste of their own medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Maybe we should set up places where they can live and work instead, laundries and such like, and sell off the babies to "good" families (where "good" = "wealthy") instead?
    Can we find a happy medium between the workhouse and industrial scale scrote farming?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, it'll end up costing jobs. Had the hotels during the week saying occupancy is very low for the summer. No surprise when you've a city with very little to do and loads of scumbags.

Staying in a Dublin hotel without any major events on isn't a "culchies" idea of a getaway now that overseas visitors aren't coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,342 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    This whole incident is just a joke. Those people all sitting there watching and laughing as this happens were probably the same people crying for the pubs to open, and have a summer again whilst those barmen are probably on their first week back to work in over a year trying to earn a wage for themselves again having to deal with this whilst getting no help...

If it's not happening to them it's simply on street entertainment to be videod and shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

If it's not happening to them it's simply on street entertainment to be videod and shared.

Well god help if it was them in that situation or someone they know...

• Advertisement

Looks like couple of garda vans parked up in Temple bar on the webcam. Can see their lights flashing. Hopefully the sight of them will prevent any acting the &^@:'

Place is fairly busy.

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Staying in a Dublin hotel without any major events on isn't a "culchies" idea of a getaway now that overseas visitors aren't coming.

True, but it's even less enticing with all the trouble there. A young couple might not mind a night or two away if the city had less issues imo.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Looks like couple of garda vans parked up in Temple bar on the webcam. Can see their lights flashing. Hopefully the sight of them will prevent any acting the &^@:'

Place is fairly busy.

https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

Fairly busy? the place is packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

who was it that pushed them away in the end?

Fairly busy? the place is packed.

Ok its packed, I was going to say that then I thought, nah, people will say, 'Thats not packed ' :D

it is though. Pre-pandemic levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

who was it that pushed them away in the end?

I think it was an older homeless looking guy on the left hand side.

Anyhow , true to form

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-rushed-to-hospital-after-being-stabbed-in-brawl-near-st-stephens-green-40557986.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

The lad who swung the round house holds a red belt in BJJ and trains in town from São Paulo originally

Defo not a red belt, ha ha unless he's been training grappling for a least 50 years:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

This whole incident is just a joke. Those people all sitting there watching and laughing as this happens were probably the same people crying for the pubs to open, and have a summer again whilst those barmen are probably on their first week back to work in over a year trying to earn a wage for themselves again having to deal with this whilst getting no help...

Do you expect everyone to get up and start doing roundhouse kicks too? And get bottled? F that.

coleslaw wrote: »
    Defo not a red belt, ha ha unless he's been training grappling for a least 50 years:confused:

I heard hes fighting Conor McGregor in Croke Park on the 32nd of December 2021, can anyone confirm?

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Do you expect everyone to get up and start doing roundhouse kicks too? And get bottled? F that.

I wouldn't have jumped into that scenario, I want law and order, not vigilantism.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭delboythedub

I wouldn't have jumped into that scenario, I want law and order, not vigilantism.

If we had such a luxury as law and order these incidents would not be happening. End

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I've posted about this a few times before now but it seems these incidents are becoming more and more common and honestly I think its getting to the point where people have had enough now.

I don't understand people that say its really rare you see this type of thing in the city because I used to live in Dublin and work in the city where I'd have to walk from say the bus station to the depot etc. It is very rampant in the city, the pandemic has definitely made it worse. Less people in the city shopping, socializing has giving these scum a blank canvas to play with.

If it's not these types of scum going around running amuck its the regular junkies on the board walks shooting up heroine in broad daylight, it's the gypsy scammers on O'Connell street and Bachelors walk drugging their kids to sleep so they can beg and go home to an apartment at the end of the day in their Mercedes or BMW.

Someone in this thread mentioned those that are scared who moved away from Dublin or Ireland because they are afraid and need to grow a pair ?

I'm one of those now living on the opposite side of the Atlantic and for me personally it's not about growing a pair, its being so fed up and losing hope day after day in Dublin and Ireland that it becomes enough and time to move on. Only the captain goes down with a sinking ship.

I've posted many times before on these forums where in Dublin I've been randomly verbally abused, spat at, items thrown at me and a few knives held to me. All for going about my job minding my own business, nothing to do with these scum.

It is a kick in the bollox that the working person goes to work to earn a living wage because that's what we're told to do only to pay tax so these worthless fu/ckers can run wild ? be rewarded for multiplying, claim for everything under the sun with our tax money ? and throughout the entire pandemic I was working, for a few weeks we ended up on covid payments while working, got paid as normal and taxed as normal but told we'd have to pay back the covid payments for doing our job ! (Public service too) !

Can nobody tell me what's wrong with this picture ?

just to point as well, there are plenty of more of these incidents going on every day and week that are not being reported in the media, so to look at these incidents and say it's only a few and rare and the city is super safe is a joke. It's far from.

You can take any other city as people here have mentioned, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Berlin, Warsaw, New York, Chicago, Seattle wherever you want and if you were drinking on a terrace you would not be subject to any of this. This seems to be exclusive to the UK and Ireland and it's brought the place right down.

I've been told by many of my Co-workers who have been in Ireland previously for vacations that they have visited Dublin and Ireland and they didn't like Dublin at all despite all of its history, Guinness factory etc. It's a bad show when your Capitol city is a let down for tourists. It's a bad show when people say they've felt safer in New York, LA and Israel ! Yes I've a Co-Worker who felt safer walking around Israel and she said while she was in Dublin she witnessed multiple bike thefts, saw 2 stabbings, a mugging, spat at and a group of scum taking wheels off cars. all in a 7 day period.

Personally I'm on the fence of the gardai, the government etc. coming together and saying enough is enough and sorting out this big mess that is Dublin once and for all. Don't take any bull crap, Just come down with a heavy hand, harsh takedowns, harsh punishments and clean up the place. It'll take a few years but if it meant at the end of it all that people could walk the streets in peace just like any other major city in the world then it would be worth it and hell they might even save the place.

Also worth mentioning that this is definitely affecting tourism too, I've been in work and have had people come up to me with videos on the phone, including the one that started this thread and ask me what is going on there ?! so this media is definitely spreading around the world and we've only the scum to blame and lack of enforcement and heavy sentences.

I promised myself when I left I wouldn't get involved with these types of threads again but seeing this and people showing me the videos etc. just boils my blood.

• I've posted about this a few times before now but it seems these incidents are becoming more and more common and honestly I think its getting to the point where people have had enough now.

I don't understand people that say its really rare you see this type of thing in the city because I used to live in Dublin and work in the city where I'd have to walk from say the bus station to the depot etc. It is very rampant in the city, the pandemic has definitely made it worse. Less people in the city shopping, socializing has giving these scum a blank canvas to play with.

If it's not these types of scum going around running amuck its the regular junkies on the board walks shooting up heroine in broad daylight, it's the gypsy scammers on O'Connell street and Bachelors walk drugging their kids to sleep so they can beg and go home to an apartment at the end of the day in their Mercedes or BMW.

Someone in this thread mentioned those that are scared who moved away from Dublin or Ireland because they are afraid and need to grow a pair ?

I'm one of those now living on the opposite side of the Atlantic and for me personally it's not about growing a pair, its being so fed up and losing hope day after day in Dublin and Ireland that it becomes enough and time to move on. Only the captain goes down with a sinking ship.

I've posted many times before on these forums where in Dublin I've been randomly verbally abused, spat at, items thrown at me and a few knives held to me. All for going about my job minding my own business, nothing to do with these scum.

It is a kick in the bollox that the working person goes to work to earn a living wage because that's what we're told to do only to pay tax so these worthless fu/ckers can run wild ? be rewarded for multiplying, claim for everything under the sun with our tax money ? and throughout the entire pandemic I was working, for a few weeks we ended up on covid payments while working, got paid as normal and taxed as normal but told we'd have to pay back the covid payments for doing our job ! (Public service too) !

just to point as well, there are plenty of more of these incidents going on every day and week that are not being reported in the media, so to look at these incidents and say it's only a few and rare and the city is super safe is a joke. It's far from.

You can take any other city as people here have mentioned, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Berlin, Warsaw, New York, Chicago, Seattle wherever you want and if you were drinking on a terrace you would not be subject to any of this. This seems to be exclusive to the UK and Ireland and it's brought the place right down.

I've been told by many of my Co-workers who have been in Ireland previously for vacations that they have visited Dublin and Ireland and they didn't like Dublin at all despite all of its history, Guinness factory etc. It's a bad show when your Capitol city is a let down for tourists. It's a bad show when people say they've felt safer in New York, LA and Israel ! Yes I've a Co-Worker who felt safer walking around Israel and she said while she was in Dublin she witnessed multiple bike thefts, saw 2 stabbings, a mugging, spat at and a group of scum taking wheels off cars. all in a 7 day period.

Personally I'm on the fence of the gardai, the government etc. coming together and saying enough is enough and sorting out this big mess that is Dublin once and for all. Don't take any bull crap, Just come down with a heavy hand, harsh takedowns, harsh punishments and clean up the place. It'll take a few years but if it meant at the end of it all that people could walk the streets in peace just like any other major city in the world then it would be worth it and hell they might even save the place.

Also worth mentioning that this is definitely affecting tourism too, I've been in work and have had people come up to me with videos on the phone, including the one that started this thread and ask me what is going on there ?! so this media is definitely spreading around the world and we've only the scum to blame and lack of enforcement and heavy sentences.

I promised myself when I left I wouldn't get involved with these types of threads again but seeing this and people showing me the videos etc. just boils my blood.

It’s already happening. That fight video alone has 4.5 million views. Unless this is addressed soon it will start affecting Dublin and Ireland’s tourism. It’s also not helping that most of our public spaces and beaches are thrashed every weekend. What is needed is a visible Garda presence backed up by proper laws against anti social behaviour / Eco laws for destroying nature. It doesn’t necessarily have to be jail time for offences, it could be street cleaning / graffiti removal anything. Ignore all these issues at our peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Either that or batman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Kopparberg a mate of mine was stopped near the quays last week. A cop came over and check ed the discs on the windscreen. Right beside him a junkie was in a hoop with a needle in his hands. My mate pointed out yer man n the cop just breezed on!
    I know plenty of capital cities have dodgy areas for addicts but I don't think I was ever in a country where they hung out in the main thoroughfares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

It’s already happening. That fight video alone has 4.5 million views. Unless this is addressed soon it will start affecting Dublin and Ireland’s tourism. It’s also not helping that most of our public spaces and beaches are thrashed every weekend. What is needed is a visible Garda presence backed up by proper laws against anti social behaviour / Eco laws for destroying nature. It doesn’t necessarily have to be jail time for offences, it could be street cleaning / graffiti removal anything. Ignore all these issues at our peril.

In 2021 we still cant take fines out of people's social welfare. Zero political will to do anything about it. With no tourists, corporate gigs n events on there is going to be carnage in hospitality in Dublin once the government stop subsidizing staff pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Damn right too.

Anyone reading these "bystander shaming posts" and thinking they should do something - think again.

You are entitled to go for a few drinks in Dublin without being expected to join in a melee because someone on the internet says you are a coward if you don't.

First sign of trouble that is not directly affecting you or those with you get out of Dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Ninthlife wrote: »
    A 30 man brawl and Gardai confirned no arrests have been made

Looking forward to how the AGS defenders explain this one

The bottom line is the pandemic has made a holy show of parts of our infrastructure that's been held together with blue tack and prayers for at least two decades

Specifically our public "health" service and our police force

ShineOn7 wrote: »

The bottom line is the pandemic has made a holy show of parts of our infrastructure that's been held together with blue tack and prayers for at least two decades

Well sure why don't you just make it up for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Id say they were Gardai fighting, thats why there was no arrests .Kevin St took on Pearse St.

Good show tonight in Temple Bar by AGS. Plenty of them and vans and bike police around.
    The Temple bar pub pulled its shutters down about ten mins ago, gardai have dispersed the crowd that was there, all quiet there now anyway.
    Crowd had a good time and nothing kicked off thankfully.

enricoh wrote: »
    Kopparberg a mate of mine was stopped near the quays last week. A cop came over and check ed the discs on the windscreen. Right beside him a junkie was in a hoop with a needle in his hands. My mate pointed out yer man n the cop just breezed on!
    I know plenty of capital cities have dodgy areas for addicts but I don't think I was ever in a country where they hung out in the main thoroughfares.

This is the thing, everywhere has dodgy areas but most of Dublin (and in other towns too) is dodgy. I've been in a few European cities, outside of Ireland I never had a passer-by come up and ask me for a fag when having a drink outside. I was in Bucharest (bit of a ****hole you might think but saw more supercars there in one night than my whole life in Ireland :P ) and some ould lad tried a nonsense con on me. Kept half an eye on him and saw him walk up and try to talk to 2 women sat outside a restaurant. Straightaway 2 staff came out and told him to **** off. Though I don't speak Romanian so I can only assume. :pac: That was the only interaction I had with a street person across 10 days in 3 countries not exactly known for being classy joints.

This is the thing, everywhere has dodgy areas but most of Dublin (and in other towns too) is dodgy. I've been in a few European cities, outside of Ireland I never had a passer-by come up and ask me for a fag when having a drink outside. I was in Bucharest (bit of a ****hole you might think but saw more supercars there in one night than my whole life in Ireland :P ) and some ould lad tried a nonsense con on me. Kept half an eye on him and saw him walk up and try to talk to 2 women sat outside a restaurant. Straightaway 2 staff came out and told him to **** off. Though I don't speak Romanian so I can only assume. :pac: That was the only interaction I had with a street person across 10 days in 3 countries not exactly known for being classy joints.

I'd love to visit Bucharest, is it good craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

There had just been a stabbing at the same scene, would you like to divert Gardai from searching for the offender and dealing with the injured party to lifting lads for public order matters?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I've posted about this a few times before now but it seems these incidents are becoming more and more common and honestly I think its getting to the point where people have had enough now.

giphy.gif

Post of the thread right there

And fair fcuks to you for emigrating, I've managed it twice myself and I'm planning a third

I'll never understand why single people under 35 ever stay in Ireland, but in Dublin in particular

Advertisement