Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

enricoh wrote: »
    We simply can't afford the necessary numbers of gardai as we pay them an average of e1300 a week. Surely no other cops in Europe are on that kind of money?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/work/garda%25C3%25AD-are-best-paid-public-servants-earning-1-300-a-week-1.3715038%3fmode=amp

Average weekly earnings in the public sector are increasing under all headings, with the best paid group of public servants continuing to be gardaí. They earn, on average, about €1,300 a week, according to figures from the first quarter of this year

Base pay or including overtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,849 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

FYP https://www.law.uchicago.edu/news/broken-windows-myth

Interesting publication date though.

Have you never seen a unoccupied house that can sit there for months. Obviously unattended.

Then one day you see one window broken. It isn't fixed. I can guarantee that if you come back in 2 weeks all of them will have been broken.

Because little shits know nobody is looking after it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

We simply can't afford the necessary numbers of gardai as we pay them an average of e1300 a week. Surely no other cops in Europe are on that kind of money?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/work/garda%25C3%25AD-are-best-paid-public-servants-earning-1-300-a-week-1.3715038%3fmode=amp

Average weekly earnings in the public sector are increasing under all headings, with the best paid group of public servants continuing to be gardaí. They earn, on average, about €1,300 a week, according to figures from the first quarter of this year

The average is including the pay of super's, chiefs, assistant commissioners etc. Garda rank members aren't anywhere near that. The salary scales are freely available online.

That doesn't make as good a headline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

MarkEadie wrote: »
    The bar staff will probably lose their jobs for engaging the scrotes in a fight outside the venue. They left the venue and engaged. We don't know what happened in the lead up and hopefully they are justified. They should be applauded but the fact is they are not equipped to deal with scrotes like this. You need security lads there. I've seen a few big security lads throughout the years in Dublin pubs and clubs and quite a few of them you wouldn't mess with due to the sheer size. Venues skimp on security because they don't want to have to pay for it if they don't need it. The bar staff shouldn't have been put in this situation. With the PUP in place it's going to be hard to get security lads to do it though and looking at the footage I don't blame them.

Not equipped to deal with them? The barman threw a few amazing kicks(although sadly missed) but he managed to dodge a chair, a few glasses, had amazing situational awareness watching everything around while fending off the scrotes. Most people would have only have been paying attention to the one person ahead of them and got smashed from the side or behind.

If anything more security should take lessons from this guy. A lot of people don't seem to realise how easy it is to become a bouncer, it's just a quick course that takes less than a week. A lot of them just have the job because they are big and have no real fight training whatsoever. Generally if you see a small bouncer, they are the ones with the training and the massive ones have none.

The highest pay scale for a member of AGS, anyone working over 17 years is 54K per year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Have you never seen a unoccupied house that can sit there for months. Obviously unattended.

Then one day you see one window broken. It isn't fixed. I can guarantee that if you come back in 2 weeks all of them will have been broken.

Because little shits know nobody is looking after it
    OK then, let's not bother looking at any evidence, because you can guarantee things.
    No other cops in Europe are trying to live in Ireland, and maybe even buy a home in Ireland.

As they should be. They do one of the more dangerous jobs one can do in the public sector.

Gas the way that scrotes fighting in O Connell St. is somehow the fault of AGS.

Let's allow the people.fighting free reign...........

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Laurenf35

Imagine living in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Base pay or including overtime?

That'd include overtime n allowances. That article is 2+1/2 years old now, there was a couple of pay rises for all ps since then.

• Advertisement

Hhhhh wrote: »
    As they should be. They do one of the more dangerous jobs one can do in the public sector.

Should they be paid more? Earning E1300 a week on average seems well paid to me!

That'd include overtime n allowances. That article is 2+1/2 years old now, there was a couple of pay rises for all ps since then.

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps the reason they do so much overtime is because they lack staff? So if more Garda were hired, overtime would be less necessary?

If my assumptions are correct, hiring extra Garda wouldn't necessarily mean that €1300 number would remain constant. It could well decrease.

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps the reason they do so much overtime is because they lack staff? So if more Garda were hired, overtime would be less necessary?

If my assumptions are correct, hiring extra Garda wouldn't necessarily mean that €1300 number would remain constant. It could well decrease.

I dunno how much overtime is in that. A cop down the local loves the odd murder as he gets plenty then!

Should they be paid more? Earning E1300 a week on average seems well paid to me!

Average?
    So including the Garda commissioner, who earns over 250,000 a year, and deputy commissioners and assistant commissioners and chief superintendent and superintendent etc etc

So now, how much do you think the actual gardai that are in the streets, working shifts, 24 hours a day, 365 days a.year, are worth?

I dunno how much overtime is in that. A cop down the local loves the odd murder as he gets plenty then!

Do you really believe the average Garda on the street earns €1300 where most of that weekly income is the base pay?

Do you really believe the average Garda on the street earns €1300 where most of that weekly income is the base pay?

Did I say that? I linked an article, which says gardai earn on average e1300 a week - are you saying that's incorrect?
    That e1300 will be even higher nowadays as there was a few pay rises since. If the average pay was say e1100 a week we could afford almost 20% more guards.

Here I'll even link it again.
    Average weekly earnings in the public sector are increasing under all headings, with the best paid group of public servants continuing to be gardaí. They earn, on average, about €1,300 a week, according to figures from the first quarter of the year

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread is about the incident mentioned in the thread title, not Garda pay

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure if posted but more street fighting in the city centre, this time O'Connell St near the GPO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIqIM07_T0k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

4th guy appeared before the courts today .

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure if posted but more street fighting in the city centre, this time O'Connell St near the GPO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIqIM07_T0k

Don't you just love the response of the guard. You'd swear he was the only cop in the whole city...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

We saw that; Johan neeskens vs the belly just a different angle. 3rd world hole from his perspective..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is it known if any are the bar staff or is the four the protagonists only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Is it known if any are the bar staff or is the four the protagonists only?

I didn't hear the details of second guy, but I understand that it was all 4 protagonists.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is where our society can really send a strong message that this thuggery and lawlessness cannot be tolerated.

But, wait of it,,,some fooking pathetic sentence handed down...

These thugs know damn well that the justice system is a soft touch hence there is very little deterrent to crime and lawlessness...

Advertisement