Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was in Krakow once having a civilised drink in the evening in one of the open air restaurant/bars.
    There were two smallish groups of rowdy English lads, probably on stags. Noisy enough to be attracting attention from the locals and other well behaved patrons. It started to escalate with one group shouting at waitresses and women on other tables - clearly unappreciated.

Out of the shadows come these big lads in tight black t-shirts. They went and had a word with both groups.

Group one copped on, kept the noise down and behaved like civilised people.
    Group Two continued to shout more and more abuse, though now including the men in black in their sights.

You just knew this was going to be good.

Men in black come back to the table of Group 2, reef them out of it, down an alley. Various sound effects. Problem sorted. Normal people went back to their evening.

No police, no whinging. They got their warning, didn't take it. Boo hoo.

I love Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The roundhouse kick was probably too high on technical ability and could be used against him as being disproportionate.

The lad with the stool woulda been grand if he clocked one of the inbreds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Fandymo wrote: »
    I’ve seen it alleged that it all started when the scrotes knocked over a pregnant lady.

Have you a link to that? Even if it's a Twitter one

Not doubting you. It just adds more credence to the workers going on the attack to the scrotes

Witcher wrote: »
    They stay in cars because they're going from call to call and haven't got time to be pissing about on the beat.

Well then an agile shift of resources when needed. Guards from Leixlip cover out as far as Carbury and beyond. Why can't those on the beat around Ranelagh/Donnybrook/Ballsbridge be shifted a couple of Km up the road as required.

Panthro wrote: »
    Smallest ladeen in the gang using bottles.
    Pack of absolute feral rats.

This is exactly it. I bet the c**t couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag on his own. A pure coward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Absolute N'quers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Agree with that. Knew a lad that hit back in self defense after being started on. Knocked your man out and done some serious damage to him, was just an unlucky blow.

Went to court and found out he had a bit of karate training going back, used it against him and he got locked up for 7 years
    `

did he kill him? because 7 years, not a chance? because killing someone gets you 5 years with cctv evidence of what happened and you being an auld martial arts expert

May aswell ask, What's the inside view on policing in the capital? As an observer it looks very wishy washy and the right areas are not being resourced up properly.

Why are Gardaí more visible on foot in safer areas like Donnybrook as opposed to being on foot and community policing and building relationships in places that really need it such as Ballybough and East Wall? They stay in their cars here.

The scrotes in these videos originate from such places.

They dont stay in their cars. I worked in the North Central for years and rarely saw the inside of a car. Theres **** all cars in Store Street compared to the Gardai working. Suburban stations may only have a single car to respond to all the calls. You cant have the same 2 Gardai walking, they would never get to the calls!

Its not a matter of 'more' Gardai. Its a case of more 'Garda time'. The lads in Store Street and Pearse Street are picking up prisoners, cases and files daily. More arrests means more files, more files means more time at a computer and in court. The numbers speak for themselves, they are snowed under in cases.

I wont defend a broken system and yes, city centre policing is broken but its also what the people asked for. More community policing, more sitting in meetings, more time spent on non crime matters.

You want the city centre cleaned up? Untie Garda hands and let them go back to just dealing with crime. None of the office work that has half the Gardai in the land behind desks sending letters and making calls. You live in the city centre? Make a freedom of information request of ask your local TD to find out how many Gardain are stationed there and how many are actually on crime fighting units (DDU, Task force, Street crime and the regular unit) compared to how many are in offices (all offices both official and unnoficial).

spurious wrote: »
    I was in Krakow once having a civilised drink in the evening in one of the open air restaurant/bars.
    There were two smallish groups of rowdy English lads, probably on stags. Noisy enough to be attracting attention from the locals and other well behaved patrons. It started to escalate with one group shouting at waitresses and women on other tables - clearly unappreciated.

Out of the shadows come these big lads in tight black t-shirts. They went and had a word with both groups.

Group Two continued to shout more and more abuse, though now including the men in black in their sights.

Men in black come back to the table of Group 2, reef them out of it, down an alley. Various sound effects. Problem sorted. Normal people went back to their evening.

I love Poland.

That's fcuking beautiful

Is it a group of lads that circle the city centre looking out for scumbags?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

pjohnson wrote: »
    The roundhouse kick was probably too high on technical ability and could be used against him as being disproportionate.

The lad with the stool woulda been grand if he clocked one of the inbreds.

If it ended up in a personal injury case you could be guaranteed some scumbag solicitor would milk it for all it's worth, and there's no jury in those settings.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Finally people are paying attention to what we who live and work in Dublin City know is a serious problem. It's a different world out in the suburbs of Maynooth /Leixlip /Celbridge and beyond. Feels like a different country in fact.

Meanwhile in Dublin people will continue to be attacked going about their business, stabbed on the way home from work or pushed under trains.

I worked in Dublin for years , it's was always a kip . Full of junkies beggars and pissheads. Renovating a building on Talbot street about 5 years ago . Its was like the living dead. There'd be a gang of them in the little park off it , and all day they'd be there drinking , banging up and taking tablets , seen a gang of lads kick the bollix out of a fella who was selling them tablets as he was on their patch .

Agree with that. Knew a lad that hit back in self defense after being started on. Knocked your man out and done some serious damage to him, was just an unlucky blow.

Went to court and found out he had a bit of karate training going back, used it against him and he got locked up for 7 years

The sad reality is I can’t imagine what a little scrot would have to do to get 7 years. But some ordinary person defending themselves would get it no bother. I can’t quite figure out the reason for that disparity.

spurious wrote: »

I love Poland.

Reminds of the drunken English yobs at the last Euros when they mouthed off at the Russians who were sober and all trained up in martial arts.

That went well....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Have you a link to that? Even if it's a Twitter one

Not doubting you. It just adds more credence to the workers going on the attack to the scrotes

Can’t link, no idea how to link Twitter to here, but here’s the screen shot. Actually says guy in gray punched her.

italodisco wrote: »
    Not much use though when you have no other moves or the confidence to go all in on them.

Swinging a kick like that brings more trouble on you, fires the opposition up more. Let this be a lesson to everyone, don't engage physically unless you're really up for it and are willing to finish it.

you you carry your keyboard with you to all your fights

italodisco wrote: »
    You clearly are not a member of AGS if you consider that a roundhouse kick to the head of an unarmed minor would be deemed an acceptable use of force by a judge.

Think what you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just once I'd love to see a video where some guards arrived on time and actually clobbered a few of these scrotes

Can see lads rushing off the PUP to deal with those feral scrotes alright

Can’t link, no idea how to link Twitter to here, but here’s the screen shot. Actually says guy in gray punched her.

The person in that tweet wasnt even there. A 'Friend' said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Thats under data protection law because the CCTV was leaked by staff. she will win the case

It just shows the mentality of the parent . If my son was on that video the last thing I'd be thinking of doing is sueing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

`

did he kill him? because 7 years, not a chance? because killing someone gets you 5 years with cctv evidence of what happened and you being an auld martial arts expert

No but your man was ****ed up mentally, after years of rehab he's back to some sort of normality thank god. There was cctv of what he did but none of how it started.

When i say locked up fo years I meant the sentence. A bit was suspended.

They dont stay in their cars. I worked in the North Central for years and rarely saw the inside of a car. Theres **** all cars in Store Street compared to the Gardai working. Suburban stations may only have a single car to respond to all the calls. You cant have the same 2 Gardai walking, they would never get to the calls!

Its not a matter of 'more' Gardai. Its a case of more 'Garda time'. The lads in Store Street and Pearse Street are picking up prisoners, cases and files daily. More arrests means more files, more files means more time at a computer and in court. The numbers speak for themselves, they are snowed under in cases.

I wont defend a broken system and yes, city centre policing is broken but its also what the people asked for. More community policing, more sitting in meetings, more time spent on non crime matters.

You want the city centre cleaned up? Untie Garda hands and let them go back to just dealing with crime. None of the office work that has half the Gardai in the land behind desks sending letters and making calls. You live in the city centre? Make a freedom of information request of ask your local TD to find out how many Gardain are stationed there and how many are actually on crime fighting units (DDU, Task force, Street crime and the regular unit) compared to how many are in offices (all offices both official and unnoficial).

Yeah, it's a real issue and one I want to actively be involved in a solution for. I might just do that. I've had some luck engaging politicians before around various issues.

Civilians should take at least some of the burden of office work, wholly agree.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Just once I'd love to see a video where some guards arrived on time and actually clobbered a few of these scrotes

It doesn't happen often, but it's very, very funny when it does.

Jaysus

This "meaningful outdoor Summer" is already laughable

15 months of lockdown sacrifice by many, businesses planning for months to re-open

And then 4 little cnuts run amuck

556260.png

So you can't use self defence skills for self defence unless the person is armed...

Sure thing

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

If someone was to hypothetically clean the streets of Dublin with a firearm or bladed weapon, I would hypothetically put forwards €400,000 for their legal defense/medical expenses.

Is there any political party that admits to this being a major social problem and is committed to correcting it?

Yeah, it's a real issue and one I want to actively be involved in a solution for. I might just do that. I've had some luck engaging politicians before around various issues.

Civilians should take at least some of the burden of office work, wholly agree.

You just need to figure out the bull**** from the reality. ever notice how theres no patients on trolleys when theres a TD visiting the hospital? Yeah thats not just hospitals that play silly games.
    It just shows the mentality of the parent . If my son was on that video the last thing I'd be thinking of doing is sueing .

Sure look. its the mentality of these ****s. The parents are every but as bad. Probable trained the little ****s. 5 years in Talbot Street, Im sure you saw it every day

It doesn't happen often, but it's very, very funny when it does.

They all just ran off. Not exactly what I was looking for.

• Advertisement

No but your man was ****ed up mentally, after years of rehab he's back to some sort of normality thank god. There was cctv of what he did but none of how it started.

When i say locked up fo years I meant the sentence. A bit was suspended.

link to the case so we can get the lowdown

because killing someone as I said, 5 years, suspended on top of this

That was someone without much of a record if any

Advertisement