Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

If someone was to hypothetically clean the streets of Dublin with a firearm or bladed weapon, I would hypothetically put forwards €400,000 for their legal defense/medical expenses.

Cost them that much in bullets! :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

The person in that tweet wasnt even there. A 'Friend' said it.

“I’ve seen it alleged that it all started“ - mentions of anyone being there: 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Think what you like.

It's fairly obvious after what you said.

I ended up in trouble, spent the night in pearse St Station after being ganged up on by a group of lads that I ran earlier that day having caught them trying to dip bags in the outdoor seating area.

What's quite funny about it is that I broke the main guys jaw with a jab whilst being hit from all directions. He was 16. I was 'defending' myself.

The detective that arrested me made it very clear to me the next morning that only for there was a bench warrant out for the 16 Yr old I probably would be in a worse situation as, having a boxing background, if it went to court a judge might not agree that my USE OF FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED, the judge might say that I could have backed away and instead intentionally went in with excessive force.

But hey, I won't argue with you any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Three arrested - probably clock up to 100 prior convictions, Having spent a day ingesting cider and drugs as a defence .... ‘sorry judge - won’t do it again’. .. off with you lad

Is there any political party that admits to this being a major social problem and is committed to correcting it?

No ... and the reason is due to the social media onslaught of being called a facist when the guards tried to control some of these scumbags over the last few weeks.

Unfortunately we don’t want the problem as a society but we also don’t want the solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

you can see the usual scumbag fighting technique in the video, isolate knock to ground kick when down, lads were smart enough to not commit

thats why they hang in groups and usually attack people on their own

It doesn't happen often, but it's very, very funny when it does.

Would advise everyone that this is not an example of what was requested, save yrself the two minutes

No scrotes clobbered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

whippet wrote: »
    Three arrested - probably clock up to 100 prior convictions, Having spent a day ingesting cider and drugs as a defence .... ‘sorry judge - won’t do it again’. .. off with you lad

The IT says two of the arrests were in their 20s and the other was a teenager

So, unfortunately, it looks like two of the restaurant workers were arrested and just one of the scrotes

Because none of them looked in their 20s

whippet wrote: »
    No ... and the reason is due to the social media onslaught of being called a facist when the guards tried to control some of these scumbags over the last few weeks.

Unfortunately we don’t want the problem as a society but we also don’t want the solution.

That's a shame. Well, in case any party members are reading this, any party that seeks to make our streets safer through any means will have my vote.

you you carry your keyboard with you to all your fights

Your response shows how naive you are.

I'm a peaceful man, I've witnessed a lot of violence whilst working doors as a side job on weekends, enough to known how it goes.

What I said about getting into the thick of it is true, I've seen it time and time again. People jump in with the best of intentions and loose their bottle and end up SERIOUSLY injured.

I'm not making keyboard warrior statements, I never said I PERSONALLY would take them all on and anhialate them.

I know my limits and have also rang enough ambulances for injured folk in town to know better.

Cop on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The IT says two of the arrests were in their 20s and the other was a teenager

So, unfortunately, it looks like two of the restaurant workers were arrested and just one of the scrotes

Because none of them looked in their 20s

Is it true? Is Ireland really this demented?

I already know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

lawred2 wrote: »
    They all just ran off. Not exactly what I was looking for.

y - siren on loud - everyone let run off - minimal if any arrests. Hardly what he wanted. But the bare minimum at max is what is always delivered - if we’re lucky. Inner city needs a good firebombing - well needed & overdue for decades. Exterminate and incapacitate the scrotes and destroy their communities. Lets see how they’d get on in a hovel in ballygobackwards ten miles from a road.

Would advise everyone that this is not an example of what was requested, save yrself the two minutes

No scrotes clobbered

If you want to see Gards beating up scum, watch the footage of Ireland Vs England 1995.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

italodisco wrote: »
    It's fairly obvious after what you said.

I ended up in trouble, spent the night in pearse St Station after being ganged up on by a group of lads that I ran earlier that day having caught them trying to dip bags in the outdoor seating area.

What's quite funny about it is that I broke the main guys jaw with a jab whilst being hit from all directions. He was 16. I was 'defending' myself.

The detective that arrested me made it very clear to me the next morning that only for there was a bench warrant out for the 16 Yr old I probably would be in a worse situation as, having a boxing background, if it went to court a judge might not agree that my USE OF FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED, the judge might say that I could have backed away and instead intentionally went in with excessive force.

But hey, I won't argue with you any further.

yet it never even got past a slap on the wrists

yet it never even got past a slap on the wrists

Thankfully.

If that lad wasn't in a heap of trouble and on his way to a young offenders institution I'm sure I would have been on his families list of people to take a claim against. The detective was very much on my side in the end.

No scrotes clobbered

Needs Benny Hill music for the joke of a response. That's Dame St, a main thoroughfare. You'd expect full time policing in these areas or at least a better response time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Is it true? Is Ireland really this demented?

I already know the answer.

If it's true this country needs to be nuked from orbit

A good run is better than a bad fight any day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

When I see this kind of thing happening in our capital city it causes a great degree of sadness for me.

We, as a society, have failed these young men.
    We have failed to provide them with a good future.

I do not blame these young men for this bad behavior.

The blame lies at our doors.

Every child in Ireland should be thought the basic principles of respect and tolerance.

Our education system has failed for these young men.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Fair play to the guy with the roundhouse kick. Clearly knows something.
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    The only thing shocking about it, is that there's absolutely nothing shocking about it.

I'd like to buy the gamey lads who attempted the roundhouse and went after them with café tables a beer, but it's poor form by the bystanders not to jump in. These staff are only here breaking their boll1x so we can have a sociable beer, they deserve to be backed up whenever and wherever these feckers show up.

Sure, it would have been the nice thing to do. A good samaritan and all that but you can step in and get a bottle over your head as one of them tried to do in the video at 1:03 seconds. Getting stitches and a scar while everyone else stays back and watches. What's the smart thing you know yourself.

Wonder what started it. Like fair play to the bar staff for giving it to them. But am not sure fighting them up the street is the right thing to do. What are they on? 12 euro an hour and it's not even their job? But who knows what started it. Maybe it warranted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

You just need to figure out the bull**** from the reality. ever notice how theres no patients on trolleys when theres a TD visiting the hospital? Yeah thats not just hospitals that play silly games.

Sure look. its the mentality of these ****s. The parents are every but as bad. Probable trained the little ****s. 5 years in Talbot Street, Im sure you saw it every day

We were only there for about 4 months but that was 5 years ago . There was an auld lad from Monasteriven working with us and he was shocked . He'd never seen nothing like it in his life . I live just outside Dublin so I'd seen it all before . Dublin's actually a small enough city compared to others but it seems to be well overpopulated with scum .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Needs Benny Hill music for the joke of a response.

On it!

Sorolla wrote: »
    When I see this kind of thing happening in our capital city it causes a great degree of sadness for me.

Every child in Ireland should be thought the basic principles of respect and tolerance.

How come the vast majority of the rest of us can act with dignity and not like these scrotes?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Sure look at the mother whose sueing iarnoid eireann . Shes angry that the video came out of her fine son attacking girls resulting in one of them falling under the train . After the girl fell under the train . Seeing what goes on in the courts here , I wouldn't be surprised if she's wins the case .

If the courts had any sense, they'd award her €1 and make her pay her own costs.

I'm giving this a 2/10 for effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jacksie66. wrote: »
    How come the vast majority of the rest of us can act with dignity and not like these scrotes?

You have answered your own question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No...thier parents are the ones who have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

2185a8705c058d450fae781fb3aa1a30.gif

When I see this type of fairytail nonsense written it utterly depresses me. The blame for this feral scum doesn't lie at my door anyway. I do my bit and contribute to society by paying into the tax pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Foxrock is probably safe enough for a few jars. I won't be going to town any time soon, it is all too unpredictable and volatile, not to mention bloody dangerous. No wonder street dining/drinking is a dead loss in the city centre, what with this carry on and the constant tapping by the unwell chancers/passers by disturbing every mouthful you take.

Hospitality owners need to have a united front on this scumbaggery and get the powers that be onside. The vast, vast majority of people going for a few drinks and a bite to eat are sound.

Advertisement