Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭obi604

Sure look at the mother whose sueing iarnoid eireann . Shes angry that the video came out of her fine son attacking girls resulting in one of them falling under the train . After the girl fell under the train . Seeing what goes on in the courts here , I wouldn't be surprised if she's wins the case .

ah for the love of f00kin jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

Sorolla wrote: »
    When I see this kind of thing happening in our capital city it causes a great degree of sadness for me.

We, as a society, have failed these young men.
    We have failed to provide them with a good future.

I do not blame these young men for this bad behavior.

The blame lies at our doors.

Every child in Ireland should be thought the basic principles of respect and tolerance.

Our education system has failed for these young men.

This is satire, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

italodisco wrote: »
    Your response shows how naive you are.

I'm a peaceful man, I've witnessed a lot of violence whilst working doors as a side job on weekends, enough to known how it goes.

What I said about getting into the thick of it is true, I've seen it time and time again. People jump in with the best of intentions and loose their bottle and end up SERIOUSLY injured.

I'm not making keyboard warrior statements, I never said I PERSONALLY would take them all on and anhialate them.

I know my limits and have also rang enough ambulances for injured folk in town to know better.

Cop on

the lad was well up for a fight, nothing wrong with the kick at all or any of the moves he made and he certainly didn't bottle anything would have ended it if it had connected it was 5 v 1 at that point, so he backed off while he got his bearings and pushed them down the street into a more controlled situation where they couldn't get outside him That's where he should have stopped it you got in a fight out of control breaking a lads jaw where you were getting slaps from all directions and anything could have happened not much different

Would advise everyone that this is not an example of what was requested, save yrself the two minutes

No scrotes clobbered

I'm sorry, were you expecting that there would be a video floating around online of Gardai arriving en-masse and battering the sh/te out of the scum? And you hadn't seen it?

Two things; firstly the gardai are afraid to touch anyone, and secondly, if such a video existed, everyone in the country would have seen it.

The DART video is about as aggressive/effective as I've ever seen the Gardai. If you're expecting more than that, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The IT says two of the arrests were in their 20s and the other was a teenager

So, unfortunately, it looks like two of the restaurant workers were arrested and just one of the scrotes

Because none of them looked in their 20s

The bar staff will probably lose their jobs for engaging the scrotes in a fight outside the venue. They left the venue and engaged. We don't know what happened in the lead up and hopefully they are justified. They should be applauded but the fact is they are not equipped to deal with scrotes like this. You need security lads there. I've seen a few big security lads throughout the years in Dublin pubs and clubs and quite a few of them you wouldn't mess with due to the sheer size. Venues skimp on security because they don't want to have to pay for it if they don't need it. The bar staff shouldn't have been put in this situation. With the PUP in place it's going to be hard to get security lads to do it though and looking at the footage I don't blame them.

• Advertisement

For everyone wondering how our city got this way and why Policing has become so innefective, look no further. THIS is what Gardai face when trying to fight crime
    When I see this kind of thing happening in our capital city it causes a great degree of sadness for me.

Every child in Ireland should be thought the basic principles of respect and tolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

You clearly are not a member of AGS if you consider that a roundhouse kick to the head of an unarmed minor would be deemed an acceptable use of force by a judge.

It's not what a judge considers an acceptable use of force, its the honesty held belief of the defendant. If you are using self defense as a defense it means u are at trial and it the jury that decides that, not the judge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

For everyone wondering how our city got this way and why Policing has become so innefective, look no further. THIS is what Gardai face when trying to fight crime

Nail on head. You only have to attend any district court to hear the do gooders and solicitors claim mental health, unemployment, alcohol, one parent families and society did it.

It's fairly obvious after what you said.

I ended up in trouble, spent the night in pearse St Station after being ganged up on by a group of lads that I ran earlier that day having caught them trying to dip bags in the outdoor seating area.

What's quite funny about it is that I broke the main guys jaw with a jab whilst being hit from all directions. He was 16. I was 'defending' myself.

The detective that arrested me made it very clear to me the next morning that only for there was a bench warrant out for the 16 Yr old I probably would be in a worse situation as, having a boxing background, if it went to court a judge might not agree that my USE OF FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED, the judge might say that I could have backed away and instead intentionally went in with excessive force.

But hey, I won't argue with you any further.

Yeah, theres so many holes in this Im unsure where to start. Either it predates the existing laws AND my service or its a lie.

The IT says two of the arrests were in their 20s and the other was a teenager

So, unfortunately, it looks like two of the restaurant workers were arrested and just one of the scrotes

Because none of them looked in their 20s

The guy in grey could be in his 20s.

THeres nothing in that video that would have resulted in the staff being arrested and I highly doubt the sumbags made a voluntary complaint of assault

• Advertisement

awsah wrote: »
    It's not what a judge considers an acceptable use of force, its the honesty held belief of the defendant. If you are using self defense as a defense it means u are at trial and it the jury that decides that, not the judge

Dont be letting reality get in the way of the keyboard warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

all three were remanded in custody with consent to bail - cloverhill court next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

the lad was well up for a fight, nothing wrong with the kick at all or any of the moves he made and he certainly didn't bottle anything would have ended it if it had connected it was 5 v 1 at that point, so he backed off while he got his bearings and pushed them down the street into a more controlled situation where they couldn't get outside him That's where he should have stopped it you got in a fight out of control breaking a lads jaw where you were getting slaps from all directions and anything could have happened not much different

He certainly wasn't up for it in the way I suggested.

There's blokes out there that would relish a 5 on 1 fight on their own, I've seen some absolute mad men in action in town who wouldn't hesitate to seriously injury at least one of those young lads.

One day or night these little scruffs will meet someone like that and unfortunately be portrayed as victims.

Gardai will continue to be let down by judges and be constantly put down by the public when it's not their fault

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Nail on head. You only have to attend any district court to hear the do gooders and solicitors claim mental health, unemployment, alcohol, one parent families and society did it.

Yeah, this type of ****e has to go. Gold digging Solicitors are an absolute scourge.

awsah wrote: »

You can always say that you feel your life was in danger. The lad who threw the kick was in the midst of an attack by scrotes who had used bottles, glasses and chairs. Safe to say his adrenaline could have been as high as sit gets and if he says he felt his life was at risk I'd believe him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Well I mean that probably did do it! If these are from the inner city this is an area riddled with intergenerational anger and trauma and poverty.
    You may not like the psychobabble explanation for it but I would imagine that's where this comes from, sh*tty parents who had sh*tty parents etc.

You ever seen the scumbag women shouting right in the faces of toddlers in their prams around Talbot st etc? You might grow up a bit funny with parents like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

That's fcuking beautiful

Is it a group of lads that circle the city centre looking out for scumbags?

I went out with a Polish girl a few years ago. She was from Krakow, as it happens. She used to work in a bar there. If they ever had trouble from customers, a phone call would be made, and a group of heavies wearing balaclavas would show up, and the problem would be taken care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭N958GB

This sort of youth violence is a great challenge that blights many first world democratic nations. It's an epidemic and these scenes are more in the spotlight now cause we have not seen them for nearly 2 years. Fair play to the bar staff impossible to know how you would react in these situations. It's not just Ireland though many European Capitals and big cities have the same issues.

There is no real solutions to the problem, the state supports scum financially allowing them to prosper in a way providing enough financial assistance facilitating them to reproduce. This sort of violence is not exclusively the prerogative of low class scum as violence is a an evolutionary need, however this youth violence is a separate issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

all three were remanded in custody with consent to bail - cloverhill court next week

Fantastic, now all we need is for a judge to apply the full rigors of the law.

Don't hold your breath

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I went out with a Polish girl a few years ago. She was from Krakow, as it happens. She used to work in a bar there. If they ever had trouble from customers, a phone call would be made, and a group of heavies wearing balaclavas would show up, and the problem would be taken care of.

Yes we should aspire to this utopian society!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

That's waffle , in some cases yes but in the majority young lads just want easy money . So it's our fault , what about their parents ??! Why would they get a job when they can make more selling drugs . I worked and went to FAS with plenty of lads from rough areas in Dublin , so you can't use that excuse just because you're from a disadvantaged area youve no chance in life . I still keep in contact with some of them through Facebook and they're doing well for themselves .

I live just outside Dublin and 5 of parents from my son's football team are from Dublin who moved out here . One parent was telling me that his sister called him a idiot for buying his own house and he should start claiming this and that.

I worked with a father and son from the north inner city two years ago . He said if it wasn't for his dad keeping a tight leash on him he'd be like his mates all selling drugs . He said they'd no interest in getting up at 7 and being home at 6 as they'd make more money selling coke for a few hours at the weekend . So stop with all the bleeding heart stuff . There's a culture in some sections in Dublin who've no interest in working or contributing anything to society and when they have kids that mindset is passed on to them . It's a vicious cycle unfortunately but not one I'm responsible for .

He certainly wasn't up for it in the way I suggested.

There's blokes out there that would relish a 5 on 1 fight on their own, I've seen some absolute mad men in action in town who wouldn't hesitate to seriously injury at least one of those young lads.

One day or night these little scruffs will meet someone like that and unfortunately be portrayed as victims.

Gardai will continue to be let down by judges and be constantly put down by the public when it's not their fault

You're not taking the individual mentality into account. For example that lad looked handy at tawkwando which is about keeping your distance and using kicks, controlling range etc. Some boxers would be great fighters but prefer to fight going backwards throwing counter punchers. Neither of those types is going to be handy in a fight unless they are being attacked even though they are trained fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Who were arrested though? The barmen or the skangers?

Wrt the self defence thing, most fights aren't in front of a load of witnesses with smartphones, and people who start random fights are usually people who make stuff up too. I believe there is a duty to retreat as well, where it is possible to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

grassylawn wrote: »

Two of the barmen and one of the skangers

What an amazing country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Listen to the start of the video - wealthy individuals in the bar are using the following utterances :

The first 14 seconds:

“Bay the shoii ouh a him”

“Dere nakkers”

The patrons of the bar are enjoying the interaction as of they were attending a sporting occasion.

On this thread I have been shocked to read terms such as :

“Scum”
    “Scrotes”

If ever one needed assurance that our society is crumbling this this is indeed proof.

There is no respect in Ireland for the downtrodden, the unwell ……

We should be kinder to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah, this type of ****e has to go. Gold digging Solicitors are an absolute scourge.

I personally hate solicitors. There's no way a solicitor can be this great nice person on one hand then on the other telling scumbags to sell their "addiction" , "mental health" and more to get off or get a lighter sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

In my pubbing and nighclubbing days, never once got my head kicked in (though I was probably asking for it on a few occasions). Not one of my regrets.

That's waffle , in some cases yes but in the majority young lads just want easy money . So it's our fault , what about their parents ??! Why would they get a job when they can make more selling drugs . I worked and went to FAS with plenty of lads from rough areas in Dublin , so you can't use that excuse just because you're from a disadvantaged area youve no chance in life . I still keep in contact with some of them through Facebook and they're doing well for themselves .

I live just outside Dublin and 5 of parents from my son's football team are from Dublin who moved out here . One parent was telling me that his sister called him a idiot for buying his own house and he should start claiming this and that.

I worked with a father and son from the north inner city two years ago . He said if it wasn't for his dad keeping a tight leash on him he'd be like his mates all selling drugs . He said they'd no interest in getting up at 7 and being home at 6 as they'd make more money selling coke for a few hours at the weekend . So stop with all the bleeding heart stuff . There's a culture in some sections in Dublin who've no interest in working or contributing anything to society and when they have kids that mindset is passed on to them . It's a vicious cycle unfortunately but not one I'm responsible for .

This chap here, I like him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

grassylawn wrote: »

Wrt the self defence thing, most fights aren't in front of a load of witnesses with smartphones, and people who start random fights are usually people who make stuff up too. I believe there is a duty to retreat as well, where it is possible to do so.

The scumbags were only backing off because they met resistance. Had the bar staff not come at them it would have been far worse

• Advertisement

I give you exhibit B ladies and gentlemen:
    Listen to the start of the video - wealthy individuals in the bar are using the following utterances :

The first 14 seconds:

“Bay the shoii ouh a him”

“Dere nakkers”

The patrons of the bar are enjoying the interaction as of they were attending a sporting occasion.

On this thread I have been shocked to read terms such as :

“Scum”
    “Scrotes”

If ever one needed assurance that our society is crumbling this this is indeed proof.

There is no respect in Ireland for the downtrodden, the unwell ……

We should be kinder to each other.

Advertisement