Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

MarkEadie wrote: »
    You're not taking the individual mentality into account. For example that lad looked handy at tawkwando which is about keeping your distance and using kicks, controlling range etc. Some boxers would be great fighters but prefer to fight going backwards throwing counter punchers. Neither of those types is going to be handy in a fight unless they are being attacked even though they are trained fighters.

I boxed for 17 years and I wouldn't rely on it in a scenario like that video.

I'd be goujing eyes, headbutting, kicking, biting, anything I could manage if a weapon was involved.

I've had the misfortune of being stabbed in the shoulder, It was far from pleasant and I certain don't want to go through that again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

Sorolla wrote: »
    Listen to the start of the video - wealthy individuals in the bar are using the following utterances :

The first 14 seconds:

“Bay the shoii ouh a him”

“Dere nakkers”

The patrons of the bar are enjoying the interaction as of they were attending a sporting occasion.

On this thread I have been shocked to read terms such as :

“Scum”
    “Scrotes”

If ever one needed assurance that our society is crumbling this this is indeed proof.

There is no respect in Ireland for the downtrodden, the unwell ……

We should be kinder to each other.

Ah it's satire, put on the pay-no-mind list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Fann Linn View Post
    Nail on head. You only have to attend any district court to hear the do gooders and solicitors claim mental health, unemployment, alcohol, one parent families and society did it.

Strange thing is that in rural areas one often hears the 'comes from a good home (*), well-respected family, temporary lapse in judgement' blah blah blah defense. Arguably, the solicitors are just doing their job.

* code for Catholic/GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I give you exhibit B ladies and gentlemen:

Sorrolla should move to Norway, would love it

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

You can always say that you feel your life was in danger. The lad who threw the kick was in the midst of an attack by scrotes who had used bottles, glasses and chairs. Safe to say his adrenaline could have been as high as sit gets and if he says he felt his life was at risk I'd believe him

If the jury determines that you used force that you felt was necessary in the circumstances and that that belief was honestly held then you will be found not guilty as the defence of self defence has been proven, end of story. If the jury think that you knew that the force was unreasonable then they will discard the defense and go on to consider if the state has proven the case beyond a reasonable doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

italodisco wrote: »
    He certainly wasn't up for it in the way I suggested.

There's blokes out there that would relish a 5 on 1 fight on their own, I've seen some absolute mad men in action in town who wouldn't hesitate to seriously injury at least one of those young lads.

One day or night these little scruffs will meet someone like that and unfortunately be portrayed as victims.

Gardai will continue to be let down by judges and be constantly put down by the public when it's not their fault

of course he was, but had some sense too

no point getting a bottle to the side of the head while giving one person a hiding

the they don't walk into situations without the numbers

its far more likely they will seriously hurt someone than the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Two of the barmen and one of the skangers

What an amazing country

Is this actually true or are you repeating the speculation a few pages back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Listen to the start of the video - wealthy individuals in the bar are using the following utterances :

The first 14 seconds:

“Dere nakkers”

The patrons of the bar are enjoying the interaction as of they were attending a sporting occasion.

“Scum”
    “Scrotes”

If ever one needed assurance that our society is crumbling this this is indeed proof.

Lol

Nice try though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

What an amazing country

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭badge1123

italodisco wrote: »
    I've worked doors for years on weekends in town, grown up amongst the likes of them and I can tell you now, those lads would be in serious bother if one of those waiters was a hot head who like a fight.

I've seen guys on their own take on 4 or 5 lads on the street and batter a few of them, the others wet themaelves when they realise their up against a brawler.

But my best advice from having to put up with halfwits in town for years is to not engage, no matter how much they wind you up. Unless they touch a child or attack a woman, just ignore them.

Their families would be very quick to take a claim against you, don't forget that too!

That's exactly the problem nowadays. The parents don't give a **** about where their little darlings are once they're out from under their feet. When they do get tick and in to trouble, the parents back them up. 'Oh my wonderful child wouldn't do that' slap in a claim like you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

The scumbags were only backing off because they met resistance. Had the bar staff not come at them it would have been far worse
    Undoubtedly. However sometimes people get into trouble with the law for defending themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Pretty shocking incident

https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1405758149693370374

I'm not sure why the bar didn't have security lads there?

Will certainly encourage people to dine outdoors over the weekend. I'm just amazed no Gardai about, this went on for quite a while, not being critical of Gardai by the way, just thought there'd be some nearby.

Some kick from the tall barman, but I also have to wonder what we're thinking going onto the street engaging with these Thugs? Whatever about self defence, this went a little further if I'm been honest

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Is this actually true or are you repeating the speculation a few pages back?

“Gardaí attended the scene and three men, two early 20s and one late teens, were arrested and taken to Pearse Street Garda Station. Investigations are ongoing,” he said.

https://www.thejournal.ie/south-william-street-fight-three-arrested-5470536-Jun2021/

Do any of the scrotes honestly look early 20s in that vid?

N958GB wrote: »
    This sort of youth violence is a great challenge that blights many first world democratic nations. It's an epidemic and these scenes are more in the spotlight now cause we have not seen them for nearly 2 years. Fair play to the bar staff impossible to know how you would react in these situations. It's not just Ireland though many European Capitals and big cities have the same issues.

There is no real solutions to the problem, the state supports scum financially allowing them to prosper in a way providing enough financial assistance facilitating them to reproduce. This sort of violence is not exclusively the prerogative of low class scum as violence is a an evolutionary need, however this youth violence is a separate issue.

Oh theres a cure, its called prison. Put a lad in jail and his attacking decent people days will be greatly reduced. Watch his mates wind their necks in going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

grassylawn wrote: »
    Undoubtedly. However sometimes people get into trouble with the law for defending themselves.

My thoughts also, these scroats will have solicitors claiming the bad barman attack them on the streets, I get tee Bar staffs frustration, I just fear they've given these scumbags a get out of jail card

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

https://www.thejournal.ie/south-william-street-fight-three-arrested-5470536-Jun2021/

Yes, the guy in the grey. So can you stop speculating and stating it as if its fact please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

This is why I would have no inkling whatsoever to spend an evening in Dublin.

And I'm not the only one with similar views.

In any other city in Europe, the police would have been on the scene in seconds, but not here.

In Dublin the gardai are afraid of these feral rats and let them run riot throughout the city and the few that do come to court have a bleeding heart solicitor that says it was "out of character" and a probation act applied only for the scum to run riot the same day.

Until there is a "anti social" night time Garda force who come down hard on scum like this and a night time court that will issue proper sentencing, this will continue week in, week out.

Yes. I actually think the 2 lads in grey are the early 20s and the small clown in the black jacket is the teen.

Also think the bar staff look older than early 20s.

But when you posted it as a statement, I thought you had seen something I missed but appears it's just speculation.

Yes, the guy in the grey. So can you stop speculating and stating it as if its fact please?

The guy in grey here looks early 20s to you?

Seriously?

And the three others who look like kids with him? What ages are they?

Even if the lad in grey is early 20s, that still leaves one of the workers getting arrested

https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1405758149693370374

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Amazing how these incidents seem to be able to go on in Dublin City Center for minutes on end with no gardai (not even the sound of a siren).

I can't think of another capital city where that would happen in the EU and I've been in cities all over Europe, police everywhere.

Here we don't see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I just watched the clip. Handbags at dawn stuff. FFS. You'd see worse at the bingo hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I just watched the clip. Handbags at dawn stuff. FFS. You'd see worse at the bingo hall.
    My keystrokes kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

You don't see the Gardai because they are a joke of a force and refuse to do actual police work.

They'll stop you driving 5km from your home but no where to be seen when they need to get their hands dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭obi604

The first 14 seconds:

“Dere nakkers”

“Scum”
    “Scrotes”

What planet are you living on?!?

tdf7187 wrote: »

You'd see someone attempting to smash a bottle off the head of another at bingo?

Is this some sort of mental, secret Darndale Hunger Games bingo?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Nail on head. You only have to attend any district court to hear the do gooders and solicitors claim mental health, unemployment, alcohol, one parent families and society did it.

Mad how I had only one parent growing up and never bottled anyone in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭obi604

What an amazing country

Ah lord. I presumed it was just the scum bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Courts are way to lenient. Mins 2 years for this. None of this out early for over crowding. Pack them into the cells.

Amazing how these incidents seem to be able to go on in Dublin City Center for minutes on end with no gardai (not even the sound of a siren).

I can't think of another capital city where that would happen in the EU and I've been in cities all over Europe, police everywhere.

Here we don't see them.

Mad to think there has been an extremely high Garda presence on the same street recently where they were taking cans off people and pouring them out, charging at people and smacking innocent people trying to run away with batons.

When something actually kicks off, nowhere to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

obi604 wrote: »
    Ah lord. I presumed it was just the scum bags.

This hasn't been confirmed, the poster is wildly speculating about who was arrested.

Advertisement