Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Two of the barmen and one of the skangers

What an amazing country

And then people wonder why good samaratins don't get involved or try to help when they see someone in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

https://www.thejournal.ie/south-william-street-fight-three-arrested-5470536-Jun2021/

Do any of the scrotes honestly look early 20s in that vid?

One of them is certainly in his early 20s, I've had to put up with him when he was a minor and driving us mad when ever him and his pals got the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Amazing how these incidents seem to be able to go on in Dublin City Center for minutes on end with no gardai (not even the sound of a siren).

I can't think of another capital city where that would happen in the EU and I've been in cities all over Europe, police everywhere.

Here we don't see them.

what? the clips last 1 minute and 47 seconds

how fast do you think they can respond

they will be called if there is CCTV covering it or someone gives them a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I just watched the clip. Handbags at dawn stuff. FFS. You'd see worse at the bingo hall.

OMG, too funny :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Sorolla wrote: »
    Listen to the start of the video - wealthy individuals in the bar are using the following utterances :

The first 14 seconds:

“Bay the shoii ouh a him”

“Dere nakkers”

The patrons of the bar are enjoying the interaction as of they were attending a sporting occasion.

On this thread I have been shocked to read terms such as :

“Scum”
    “Scrotes”

If ever one needed assurance that our society is crumbling this this is indeed proof.

There is no respect in Ireland for the downtrodden, the unwell ……

We should be kinder to each other.

leave it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

“Dere nakkers”

They are.

On this thread I have been shocked to read terms such as :

“Scum”
    “Scrotes”

That’s what they are. If you hit someone with a glass bottle, you’re a scumbag.
    If ever one needed assurance that our society is crumbling this this is indeed proof.

It is. But because of the vermin causing the havoc.
    There is no respect in Ireland for the downtrodden, the unwell ……

Downtrodden. Their jackets cost more than your entire wardrobe.
    We should be kinder to each other.

3/10 overall.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    I just watched the clip. Handbags at dawn stuff. FFS. You'd see worse at the bingo hall.

you must go to some rough bingo halls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

The behavior of the bar staff led to this situation going out of control.

Years ago it was possible to de-escalate a conflict with a little bit of common sense

In the Bible (new book) there are many examples of resolving conflicts - communication is the key.

It is not wise to resolve conflicts using the older book - a tooth for a tooth

Society will have to work hard together to solve these problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Years ago it was possible to de-escalate a conflict with a little bit of common sense

In the Bible (new book) there are many examples of resolving conflicts - communication is the key.

Do you have a Twitter?

I'd 100% follow you for daily satire Lols

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

Years ago it was possible to de-escalate a conflict with a little bit of common sense .

How do we know they didnt spend 30mins trying to reason with the scum before it escalated to what we see in a quick video clip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

More social workers called to the scene. You’re right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Bible eh... ok the bible didn’t take into account the urchins we have to put up with... also when it was written, laws were a deterrent ... the law in return for violence, perpetrated violence.

Interesting we find again people blaming the victims, who attempted to stick up for and protect themselves.. something the Gardai and in particular the courts seem unwilling to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

You are more than welcome to communicate with the sort of scumbags in the video. Hopefully you'll be able to post your experience after.

Johnny Rush's on South William street have banned the uniform of the scrote; Canada Goose :pac:

What was their previous scrote brands?
    • Superdry (sort of)
    • North Face
    • Ben Sherman
    • Ralph Lauren (usually fake shirts)

Any others?

iu4phyO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Johnny Rush's on South William street have banned the uniform of the scrote; Canada Goose :pac:

What was their previous scrote brands?
    • Superdry (sort of)
    • North Face
    • Ben Sherman
    • Ralph Lauren (usually fake shirts)

Any others?

iu4phyO.png

You could stick monclar up there aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeh hopefully the next barmen who are attacked have very very heavy bibles and smack the scumbags over the head with them
    Believe you me if they were my sons they would get more than a smack of a heavy bible . De escalate my ass , scum are scum and don’t understand de escalate

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Where are all the garda ? I've seen a good few videos like this over the last few weeks and there's not a garda in sight in Dublin . Whether it be gangs of teens battering each other on o Connell street or morons jumping on taxis in Chapel street , is there a lack of policing in the city . Its not a great look for tourism in our capital city, when its infested with scrotes who've no shame in acting like scumbags in board daylight. There needs to be a serious shake up of the justice system and the welfare system that seems to spawn feral kids from feral parents

At the airport checking for serious crimes like going on holiday for a week with your family. #priorities

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

TefalBrain wrote: »
    At the airport checking for serious crimes like going on holiday for a week with your family. #priorities

Don't forget raiding mass as a show of strength against the elderly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Dirty little knackbags. Pathetic wastes of oxygen.

I wonder how long it’ll be before we start having our very own Bernhard Goetz who says enough is enough and flips.

I’d gladly contribute to his legal bills, if caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Moncler, EA7, BOSS, North Face, D Squared hats, gucci hats with the bee on the front, ridiculous fake man satchels.

Oh and a Fido D2 electric bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

You don't see the Gardai because they are a joke of a force and refuse to do actual police work.

They'll stop you driving 5km from your home but no where to be seen when they need to get their hands dirty.

Anytime I see a Garda, which is rare, the Police Academy theme usually starts playing in my head.

I’d love a proper police force that were allowed to beat the **** out of the scum. It’s reaching tipping point now with all the low level crime and shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

Who needs a Bible when you got this https://amzn.to/2SJEDZd

Don't forget raiding mass as a show of strength against the elderly

I doubt that happened, unless it was this bunch..

02b6688ddcea2572b398dcc53c133dc6.gif

italodisco wrote: »
    Moncler, EA7, BOSS, North Face, D Squared hats, gucci hats with the bee on the front, ridiculous fake man satchels.

Oh and a Fido D2 electric bike.

Added to the brands already mentioned, they haven't left many for us decent folk have they? ;)

I think it's how it's worn that exposes the skanger though

It's in their demeanor, body language and gait

edit: just remembered another huge scrote brand; Burberry

xhomelezz wrote: »
    I doubt that happened, unless it was this bunch..

02b6688ddcea2572b398dcc53c133dc6.gif

Not to take the thread off topic, but:
    https://www.facebook.com/BallygarBanter/posts/2931878360434651

No strength being used against elderly as far as I can see. I think you are mixing guidelines helping to limit covid spread and this thread. Haven't got a clue why. Way off topic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭N958GB

Oh theres a cure, its called prison. Put a lad in jail and his attacking decent people days will be greatly reduced. Watch his mates wind their necks in going forward

It's not a cure as it hasn't worked

xhomelezz wrote: »
    No strength being used against elderly as far as I can see. I think you are mixing guidelines helping to limit covid spread and this thread. Haven't got a clue why. Way off topic imo.

Now now, you're the one being overly pedantic about the words used in a remark re: gardai priorities (relevant to this thread) and trying to then paint me as the one derailing a thread as I explain myself to you, which I now realise is pointless because you're looking to be get into a row about whether gardai are justified in kicking pensioners out of mass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

italodisco wrote: »
    A round house kick to the head against an unarmed minor would not be a justifiable use of force in court, please don't make statements that are incorrect.

If the individual was holding a knife at the time it would, but take it from someone whos been taken away in cuffs after defending himself on the job, its not a risk worth taking.

Defend yourself, but if you're martial arts trained or a boxer don't use the best of your abilities on attackers unless there's a threat to life.

If I were a juror i would say it was reasonable

Advertisement