Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Don't forget raiding mass as a show of strength against the elderly
    Now now, you're the one being overly pedantic about the words used in a remark re: gardai priorities (relevant to this thread) and trying to then paint me as the one derailing a thread as I explain myself to you, which I now realise is pointless because you're looking to be get into a row about whether gardai are justified in kicking pensioners out of mass.

Whatever you think. Imo you are trying to mix two different things together and hope for somebody to post back, which I did. Big mistake on my side.

N958GB wrote: »
    It's not a cure as it hasn't worked

How can it work when no one is being sent there??

The courtroom is a revolving door. Lads walking the streets with 50 plus convictions without a care in the world.

Follow the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

One of the barmen stated on Facebook that the scum were throwing cans and bottles at a pregnant woman and the they intervened to help her and that's what kicked it all off.
    He said he was stabbed in the shoulder and will have surgery on it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Yes we should aspire to this utopian society!

I was replying to a poster wondering if the men in black t-shirts were just roaming around looking for trouble makers in Krakow. My Polish ex girlfriend said it was what bars do over there. If there's fellas causing trouble these guys get a phone call. I'd be pretty sure that's what happened in the Krakow story a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Came so close a few times to one of them been sparked out.

How did they manage to avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

How can it work when no one is being sent there??

The courtroom is a revolving door. Lads walking the streets with 50 plus convictions without a care in the world.

Follow the money.

And if they do get send go prison its for 3.5 days and then let out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭obi604

cassette50 wrote: »
    One of the barmen stated on Facebook that the scum were throwing cans and bottles at a pregnant woman and the they intervened to help her and that's what kicked it all off.

Bl00dy typical.
    How well it isn’t one of the scum getting surgery.

Probably out again ruining normal people’s lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Jaysus

N958GB wrote: »
    It's not a cure as it hasn't worked

Sending a person to jail 100% stops them from stabbing and hurting innocent members of society. A thief in jail is a thief that can't steal my wallet.

It's very very simple logic. It may not cure them fully of the desire to do so, but it stops their ability to do so and honestly, if after ten chances they haven't learnt, **** em.

TefalBrain wrote: »
    At the airport checking for serious crimes like going on holiday for a week with your family. #priorities

There's 8 in total . None of whom are based in the city centre. 4 immigration that are based in the airport. 2 regular uniform that are based in the airport and 2 traffic
    Darc19 wrote: »
    This is why I would have no inkling whatsoever to spend an evening in Dublin.

Google shows that this is not unique to Dublin.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40307849.html
    Amazing how these incidents seem to be able to go on in Dublin City Center for minutes on end with no gardai (not even the sound of a siren).

I can't think of another capital city where that would happen in the EU and I've been in cities all over Europe, police everywhere.

Here we don't see them.

Them all. It happens in them all. In every single capital city. Every single night. It doesn't happen when the police are present, it happens when they are not and thus, tagged time to respond.

It takes an average of 7 minutes in London to respond to an armed call just to give you an idea of response times. An area with a greater ratio of police to population.

All 3 are already in custody ffs and your still giving the Gardai a hard time.
    ShineOn7 wrote: »
    The guy in grey here looks early 20s to you?

Seriously?

And the three others who look like kids with him? What ages are they?

Even if the lad in grey is early 20s, that still leaves one of the workers getting arrested

Jesus, your some man for wild speculation aren't you? Yes he does and to others as well. He may also look younger then he actually is.
    In any other city in Europe, the police would have been on the scene in seconds, but not here..

Simple not true. Not true at all. Police response times are usually in the double digits. London averages 12.5 minutes to a priority 1 (unarmed) call.

The USA has an average response time of 10 minutes.

It takes on average over 5 seconds for the emergency call to even be answered, nevermind logged. How fast do you think it is between the fight starting and the police officer dispatched to it? He then has to physically run to the call after being told about it. The video is 90 odd seconds long!
    In Dublin the gardai are afraid of these feral rats and let them run riot throughout the city

Bull****. Plain and simple bull****. Not a shred of evidence to support this claim.
    few that do come to court have a bleeding heart solicitor that says it was "out of character" and a probation act applied only for the scum to run riot the same day.

The 'few'? You have never physically been to court I take it nor bothered to read the statistics. Courts overflowing, jails over capacity. How do you think that happens?
    Until there is a "anti social" night time Garda force who come down hard on scum like this and a night time court that will issue proper sentencing, this will continue week in, week out.

Your mean like a public order unit that 2 weeks ago was accused of being thugs and insulted by serving members of government and the Lord mayor? Ignoring of course that you just claimed Gardai are afraid to begin with

I can see this thread has descended into the usual farce of blame the Gardai, make up lies and blind assumptions while ignoring the known facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We should look into cloning Lugs" Branigan

• Advertisement

Where are all the garda ? I've seen a good few videos like this over the last few weeks and there's not a garda in sight in Dublin . Whether it be gangs of teens battering each other on o Connell street or morons jumping on taxis in Chapel street , is there a lack of policing in the city . Its not a great look for tourism in our capital city, when its infested with scrotes who've no shame in acting like scumbags in board daylight. There needs to be a serious shake up of the justice system and the welfare system that seems to spawn feral kids from feral parents

Where are the guards? I’ll tell you where they are, out picking up cars off the street in my estate for I assume no motor tax (yesterday), out with their speed guns on the safest roads in the country, that’s where they are.

But when we need them they are nowhere to be seen. On a street with so much “outdoor dining” where the f@“k where they.

When my house was broken into while we slept but alarm soooked the burglar with a screwdriver (on camera) 5 hours it took them to come. (Because someone apparently cancelled the call) after we called them back to ask where they were

I know it’s not the individual guards fault, I dint envy them. But surely serious crime should be prioritised. And Dublin needs a much bigger police presence especially during this weird relaxation period.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Johnny Rush's on South William street have banned the uniform of the scrote; Canada Goose :pac:

What was their previous scrote brands?
    • Superdry (sort of)
    • North Face
    • Ben Sherman
    • Ralph Lauren (usually fake shirts)

Any others?

iu4phyO.png

So. No more rich Chinese tourists at Johnny's?

Link the facebook post. I will make a donation to his medical expenses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There'll be someone along to say that a pregnant woman shouldn't be out near a pub during a pandemic....poor disadvantaged blah blah blah

Weepsie wrote: »
    There'll be someone along to say that a pregnant woman shouldn't be out near a pub during a pandemic....poor disadvantaged blah blah blah

There were people here saying Thiago Cortez shouldn't have immigrated here and got a job and he wouldn't have been run over by a 16 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Where are all the garda ? I've seen a good few videos like this over the last few weeks and there's not a garda in sight in Dublin .

Do you expect them to be standing on every street corner just in case a fight breaks out? And if they were, you'd be the first to complain that they were standing around doing nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Where are the guards? I’ll tell you where they are, out picking up cars off the street in my estate for I assume no motor tax (yesterday), out with their speed guns on the safest roads in the country, that’s where they are.

But when we need them they are nowhere to be seen. On a street with so much “outdoor dining” where the f@“k where they.

When my house was broken into while we slept but alarm soooked the burglar with a screwdriver (on camera) 5 hours it took them to come. (Because someone apparently cancelled the call) after we called them back to ask where they were

I know it’s not the individual guards fault, I dint envy them. But surely serious crime should be prioritised. And Dublin needs a much bigger police presence especially during this weird relaxation period.

That'd be the gardai in the traffic division then, which is itself understaffed given the amount of criminal driving on our roads. Shouldn't have to take from one to do the other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Or someone saying we shouldn't take FB statements too seriously, till there's some evidence.

Do you expect them to be standing on every street corner just in case a fight breaks out? And if they were, you'd be the first to complain that they were standing around doing nothing.

The jackboots are just nowhere to be found when there's action. A lot of posturing when its happy drinkers but absolutely nowhere when someone's getting murked.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

I was replying to a poster wondering if the men in black t-shirts were just roaming around looking for trouble makers in Krakow. My Polish ex girlfriend said it was what bars do over there. If there's fellas causing trouble these guys get a phone call. I'd be pretty sure that's what happened in the Krakow story a few pages back.

Krakow or anywhere in Poland. Drinking in public has been banned since 2018. Very hgh police visibility. If youre seen with a beer in non designated area in Poland, a vanload of cops will be on you inside 10 mins. Your papers will be checked. Burly Ukranian and country boy Polish cops don't have time for niceties. It is not just a sprcial crew recruited to handle bar room brawling

A Utopia, hardly, and I don't know many Poles would claim it to be so, but you can go for a drink without having to case your surroundings and the people around you.

I think the Gardai have been on unofficial strike for yonkers about pay. Now, closing police stations in the country towns, cutting police numbers by our gombeen politicians - who are simply in it for themselves - weak sentencing and hey presto, you have a lawless society

Affordable - even the existence of adequate - housing and policing are screaming out for remedy. I can't see any political party tackling this issue head on. We are one sad little country

• Advertisement

That'd be the gardai in the traffic division then, which is itself understaffed given the amount of criminal driving on our roads. Shouldn't have to take from one to do the other

I know they perform different roles

My point is, violent crime is what most citizens want protection from.

Take a drive anywhere tomorrow and you will see many guards along your journey. Walk down a busy street in Dublin tomorrow and you’ll more than likely see none, even though there are hundreds/thousands of people about

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Investment needed & dedicated metropolitan police needed in the capital.

This is why I would have no inkling whatsoever to spend an evening in Dublin.

And I'm not the only one with similar views.

In any other city in Europe, the police would have been on the scene in seconds, but not here.

In Dublin the gardai are afraid of these feral rats and let them run riot throughout the city and the few that do come to court have a bleeding heart solicitor that says it was "out of character" and a probation act applied only for the scum to run riot the same day.

Until there is a "anti social" night time Garda force who come down hard on scum like this and a night time court that will issue proper sentencing, this will continue week in, week out.

You can sit in any square in Amsterdam and you'd nearly be fckung dizzy watching the police cars and vans drive around and around.
    Anyone starts ****, they are very very quickly removed, they dont get any opportunity to start **** with the police, just fckued in back of van and dealt with away from people out enjoying themselves.

I wish we had similar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hopefully they overdose on a bad batch of drugs before they cost the state too much in welfare payments, especially the little prick who used the bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

Like everything on Twitter. Take it with a large pinch of salt but....

https://twitter.com/quorn_baby/status/1405870011118501892?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Where are all the Gardai that were manning checkpoints during lockdown ? You could not move in Dublin without meeting three or four of them all over the place .
    Why can’t we have those lads now in town doing the job they are paid for and keeping the peace .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Where are all the Gardai that were manning checkpoints during lockdown ? You could not move in Dublin without meeting three or four of them all over the place .
    Why can’t we have those lads now in town doing the job they are paid for and keeping the peace .

Because crime incidents, rtc's, missing persons, people pissed in the streets etc. were all way down during the pandemic so there were numbers available to cover checkpoints. Now they're no longer down and Gardai are busier again.

Jake1 wrote: »
    You can sit in any square in Amsterdam and you'd nearly be fckung dizzy watching the police cars and vans drive around and around.
    Anyone starts ****, they are very very quickly removed, they dont get any opportunity to start **** with the police, just fckued in back of van and dealt with away from people out enjoying themselves.

I wish we had similar here.

Yes I've been saying this for ages. In Berlin scrotes get picked up in a van and get a few licks then thrown out in the woods. No records, no reports.

Yes, they should be. Especially with all that's in the news about Dublin lately. There should be a very strong Garda presence around the place.

• Advertisement

I myself have considered during the lockdown to get some of the lads to drive a van around and start whacking scrotes with a hammer but ultimately have too much to lose.

Advertisement