Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three men arrested after shocking incident involving bar staff on South William Stree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Witcher wrote: »
    Because crime incidents, rtc's, missing persons, people pissed in the streets etc. were all way down during the pandemic so there were numbers available to cover checkpoints. Now they're no longer down and Gardai are busier again.
    Well then we need more . Very simple in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Well then we need more . Very simple in my opinion

I don't think anybody would disagree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

I myself have considered during the lockdown to get some of the lads to drive a van around and start whacking scrotes with a hammer but ultimately have too much to lose.

Maybe you'd be better bringing your keyboard with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

Because crime incidents, rtc's, missing persons, people pissed in the streets etc. were all way down during the pandemic so there were numbers available to cover checkpoints. Now they're no longer down and Gardai are busier again.

No. Just let the people defend themselves.

Ireland is a country that has legislated passivity. You literally could not defend yourself in most cases. Remove these idiotic policies, let people have the legal ability to arm and mob around these scrotes and harm them to the most punitive extent.

Let those waiters use batons and let everyone have the incentive to help.

The government just wants you to passively be harmed, and for no one to come to your aid.

Ireland is a pathetic country.

No. Just let the people defend themselves.

Yeah...no thanks.

Random lads swinging batons..nah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

I myself have considered during the lockdown to get some of the lads to drive a van around and start whacking scrotes with a hammer but ultimately have too much to lose.

Yup. Your life

Maybe you'd be better bringing your keyboard with ya

How about a .22LR? The range is getting boring.

I don't think anybody would disagree with that.

Take trained Gardai away from desk and allow civilians do paper work and arm Urban Gardaí with batons and at least be present . The scum are taking over the cities

Yeah...no thanks.

If a scrote stabbed you in the neck nobody will help you or bring you justice.

And I hope it never happens to you.

How about a .22LR? The range is getting boring.

That made me think of The Wire, a character called Omar walking down the street with his gun, whistling ' A hunting we will go..'

:)

• Advertisement

Take trained Gardai away from desk and allow civilians do paper work and arm Urban Gardaí with batons and at least be present . The scum are taking over the cities

There are fewer Gardai at desks than there have ever been but some have to stay. Gardai already have batons.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

If a scrote stabbed you in the neck nobody will help you or bring you justice.

And I hope it never happens to you.

Would it be ok to call you and your .22 LR after the stabbing.
    I mean t'would take you ages to shoot and hammer all the scrotes in Dublin .. no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

My sister lives in Dublin (I'm from Cork) and my ex-wife was in college there for a year so I've been there quite a bit. Gotta say I never liked it much. Had many a good night out there but I always found a certain arrogance.

Its hard to explain. Like on a bus in Cork you won't have some person having a loud conversation for the whole bus to hear. Pretty much won't have any dopes playing ****e through the phone for everyone to enjoy.

Cork has its problems for sure. Lots of sketchy people around now that life is resuming.

That guy in grey is easy over 18. If a bus ran them down society would be the better for it. He was an animal. Contribute zero to society.

Fair dues to that staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That's good to know , I'm not knocking the garda btw as I've a family member whose one . Its just a bit shocking seeing multiple video's like that during the day in our capital city . You'd expect it at night but it's fairly brazen seeing it during the day . They must know they're on camera , it's like they've no fear of cops or the justice system .

Just look at some of the threads on here.
    There’s people moaning about Garda getting bodycams, new powers with search warrants, lack of action, too much action etc etc. Meanwhile some of the posters who complain about them not being standing beside the offenders as soon as they do something wrong are the same posters who want the Special Criminal Court closed.
    The Garda just can’t win whatever they do.

There are fewer Gardai at desks than there have ever been but some have to stay. Gardai already have batons.

Glad they have baton but they need to be seen and in charge . The scum are in charge at the minute so its no wonder people have enough and fling chairs at them and take matters into their own hands

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RulesOfNature

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Heckler wrote: »
    My sister lives in Dublin (I'm from Cork) and my ex-wife was in college there for a year so I've been there quite a bit. Gotta say I never liked it much. Had many a good night out there but I always found a certain arrogance.

Its hard to explain. Like on a bus in Cork you won't have some person having a loud conversation for the whole bus to hear. Pretty much won't have any dopes playing ****e through the phone for everyone to enjoy.

Cork has its problems for sure. Lots of sketchy people around now that life is resuming.

That guy in grey is easy over 18. If a bus ran them down society would be the better for it. He was an animal. Contribute zero to society.

Fair dues to that staff.

Cork is so small the knackbags can just walk into the city center, they don't even need the bus

The center is slammed with them

Cork is so small the knackbags can just walk into the city center, they don't even need the bus

The center is slammed with them

True. I was in the city center yesterday around 7-10pm. Great to see people out and about but defo a lot of leery people about. Especially around Daunt Square and Bishop Lucey Park/library.

Fair dues to that staff.

I did pub and clubs in cork in the mid 90s and seen plenty of scrotes. Also had the stag from a party try to glass me in the face because I wouldn't let him and his pissed mates into a pub in Temple bar. They got double unlucky in that I got my arm up in time and after the lads working with me and a few other pubs kicked the sh1t out of them, they ended up at the station where one of my cousins was based and got bounced down the stairs. Only thing he was worried about the next morning was losing the family farm if I sued.

Dublin has it's share of scrotes but so does every other city and town in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fair dues to that staff.

Whatever about the rest of your post.

The notion that you'd never hear a cork person having a loud conversation on a bus for others to hear...

Well that's fabrication. Are you sure your from cork ?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Glad they have baton but they need to be seen and in charge . The scum are in charge at the minute so its no wonder people have enough and fling chairs at them and take matters into their own hands

If the gardai came along and flattened those fellas with a baton, the usual suspects would be out accusing them of being heavy-handed and out of control. We saw the reaction a couple of weeks ago when the public order unit dispersed the crowd. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

listermint wrote: »
    Whatever about the rest of your post.

The notion that you'd never hear a cork person having a loud conversation on a bus for others to hear...

Well that's fabrication. Are you sure your from cork ?..

Haha sorry. I meant conversations on the phone. Normally I just hear a phone ring and the person answers and say ring ya back in a minute when I'm off the bus kinda thing whereas in Dublin it seems to be like the person is oblivious that 20 other people can hear their conversation. Ya I'm generalising but not to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Haha sorry. I meant conversations on the phone. Normally I just hear a phone ring and the person answers and say ring ya back in a minute when I'm off the bus kinda thing whereas in Dublin it seems to be like the person is oblivious that 20 other people can hear their conversation. Ya I'm generalising but not to much.

Ya the Cork crowd wouldnt want you knowing their business, too cute:D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chosen1

Really think we need two different police forces like you see in some continental countries. One unarmed force similar to your community Garda that deals with the day to day issues and gets to know and work with local people.

The other should be a well trained elite force that no one will dare mess with. These needs to patrol areas at nighttime and maintain a visible presence around our towns and cities. They can be called upon whenever the community police fails in their more softly approach.

I remember seeing a group of English lads start mouthing off to one of the Guardia Civil in Spain years ago while there on holiday. He simply turned around, took out a large baton and swung it around in his hand without going near them. Instantly the lads were quiet when they realised it wasn't their typical Bobby they were dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The only thing shocking about it, is that there's absolutely nothing shocking about it.

I'd like to buy the gamey lads who attempted the roundhouse and went after them with café tables a beer, but it's poor form by the bystanders not to jump in. These staff are only here breaking their boll1x so we can have a sociable beer, they deserve to be backed up whenever and wherever these feckers show up.

Bloody foreigners ....sorting out our scum

Bloody foreigners ....sorting out our scum

taking de jobs off the canada goose brigade

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Just look at some of the threads on here.
    There’s people moaning about Garda getting bodycams, new powers with search warrants, lack of action, too much action etc etc. Meanwhile some of the posters who complain about them not being standing beside the offenders as soon as they do something wrong are the same posters who want the Special Criminal Court closed.
    The Garda just can’t win whatever they do.

This is the problem.
    You have a thread on here with people shouting and roaring about Gardai. They are this/that and the other. I said on that thread that people complain about them and then when this happens they are crying about why the Gardai arn't helping.

The whole of Ireland is the reason this is happening, loads of people standing around doing nothing. Someone shouting to ring the Gardai. Why don't they get up and help the guys? I bet if the Gardai arrived and kicked lumps out of them, it would be all over facebook and TV now calling for the Gardai to get sacked.

No point complaining on a thread on internet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

timmyntc wrote: »
    Serious roundhouse kick from yer man at the start, chuck norris would be proud

Just shows that these rats hunts in packs and try to blindside people with weapons in a melee. Just imagine that lad facing one of them man to man.

You'd actually pay to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

You've clearly never been on the 202.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

GangstaCat wrote: »
    Its the busiest street in the city for drinking. There should be a NUMBER of cops on site. I've seen cops arrive in a similar situation in under a minute in Lisbon.

We don't pay enough taxes to have "cops" on site on any street.

We prefer to spend our money on the for example the Healy Rae family and hiring the entire family to work for them. Spending millions every year but we can't hire a few extra Gardai.

Advertisement