Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Rally 2021

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

53 arrested over the weekend. You can't exactly accuse the AGS of sitting on their hands. I know there was plenty of other bad behaviour that could have also addressed, but I'm guessing capacity issues might be an explanation.

https://www.highlandradio.com/2021/06/21/53-people-arrested-in-letterkenny-over-weekend/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

boombang wrote: »
    53 arrested over the weekend. You can't exactly accuse the AGS of sitting on their hands. I know there was plenty of other bad behaviour that could have also addressed, but I'm guessing capacity issues might be an explanation.

https://www.highlandradio.com/2021/06/21/53-people-arrested-in-letterkenny-over-weekend/

Went from 4 to 53 in the last night, guards must've gone into town last night.

As an aside this evening tidy towns did a great job of tidying it all up. I hope all the local (pubs and hotels) businesses put in a few quid or a free meal for the volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gob****es the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Gob****es the lot of them.[/quote
    Indeed. Some crowd of knuckle draggers congregating in the one place. Cheek of motor crowd to say it's nothing to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I see their point, but I see both sides.

I'm an MMA fan. Have been for 15 years. Back when Conor McGregor was fighting lads in local halls (I was at a few his early fights actually).

The success of McGregor has brought a load of bangwagoners and louts to the average MMA crowd. These lads don't know a damn about martial arts, they just want to cheer on a Paddy and see some fellas knocked out. But like it or not, they're now part of the "MMA crowd".

Same applies to the rally crew I suppose. These dipstick in their souped up bangers don't know a damn about the skills of rally driving, or the hard work and dedication of the drivers. But they're part of the scene now whether the purists like it or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement