Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlepace butcher

Options
  • 19-06-2021 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what’s going on with the Littlepace butcher? Been closed over a week now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭robbie000

Anyone know what’s going on with the Littlepace butcher? Been closed over a week now.

https://www.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/littlepace-butchers-unit-5-littlepace-shopping-centre-clonsilla-dublin-15/4509609

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

robbie000 wrote: »

Thanks for that. Seriously surprised though.

They do great business. I used to buy a **** tonne from them. Place was always busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Think he was cheap enough was in a couple of times he would need a good turnover though as cheap cuts would make little profit i would ssay . Butcher closed in ongar as well maybe not enough big spenders to make it worth the effort and worry .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Think he was cheap enough was in a couple of times he would need a good turnover though as cheap cuts would make little profit i would ssay . Butcher closed in ongar as well maybe not enough big spenders to make it worth the effort and worry .

Maybe. I would have thought the high footfall from the school etc would have been enough but obviously not. A pity. Was my go to butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Let's be honest, there is very little call for real butchers shops anymore. The supermarkets all do very decent Irish sourced meat for feck all and most of the butchers that are left only do prepackaged cuts anyway. Long gone are the days where you'd go into a butchers shop and buy loose weight stuff with two guys in the background cutting down a carcass to order.

I love to cook and use good Irish produce, but I can count on one hand the number of days each year I'd go and order a specific cut or ask a butcher to prepare something for me

• Advertisement

fair point about the supermarkets but the time i went to the littlepace butcher i asked for some lamb chops he said he keeps none as it did not sell so i thought it most likely a low spend customer in there in fairness not that many people will buy good cuts of steak too often at the general price so its hard to make a shop pay pity for them if that is the reason .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Maybe. I would have thought the high footfall from the school etc would have been enough but obviously not. A pity. Was my go to butcher.

Since when were school kids big buyers of lamb cutlets and stewing beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Let's be honest, there is very little call for real butchers shops anymore. The supermarkets all do very decent Irish sourced meat for feck all and most of the butchers that are left only do prepackaged cuts anyway. Long gone are the days where you'd go into a butchers shop and buy loose weight stuff with two guys in the background cutting down a carcass to order.

I love to cook and use good Irish produce, but I can count on one hand the number of days each year I'd go and order a specific cut or ask a butcher to prepare something for me

Have to disagree here, there is a real need for butchers and i use gleesons in roselawn which even being beside tesco is busy all the time.

The quality of the meat compared to Tesco is on a different level and the lads have no issue preparing or cutting different meats if asked. Myself and the wife will buy all our meat from them after we finish the shop in the supermarket as do a lot of others.

Just because you dont use butchers does not reflect the wider community.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Ladybird37

Apart from Gleesons, which as the poster above has stated can be a bit of a nightmare to get into at times.

Does anyone have any other butcher recommendations in Dublin 15 please?

It's a shame to see Littlepace go, always found the staff so friendly and was handy for me to get to.

Gleesons have earned their good reputation so they will have customers in all their shops .Just think spending power has to be a factor and places like Roselawn will have that not so much around littlepace or ongar where lots of non nations are who a lot buy from their own shops I think .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Staying open during the pandemic killed them unfortunately. As was said above, the schools being closed meant they got very little passing trade. Couple of butchers in looking at the premises over the past week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Larbre34 wrote: »

I also have to disagree here. Theres a definite quality difference in what you're getting from a good butcher (emphasis on good) to most supermarkets.

A trip to the butcher's in Omni, Glasnevin, or Drumcondra would tell you a different story too. Some supermarkets have started putting proper counters back in too which suggests differently too.

Advertisement