Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawdown on maternity

• 19-06-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I was hoping to drawdown on my mortgage before maternity began but this is looking unlikely due to conveyancing delays.
    I will be getting paid by my employer along with the maternity benefit for 6 months. Will the banks still allow me to drawdown. When stress tested I'd still have enough for an additional dependent?

House price is 192500
    I've a loan offer for 175000, married sole applicant
    45000 savings
    My base salary is 55000 ( I earn commission on top, average overall income has been 70,000 gross over the past 3 years.. they didn't take commission into account at the time as was not in the job long enough)
    On maternity- employer will pay 80% of my base salary and I will also recieve 245/week state maternity benefit. So basically will be earning the same

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Paul Mears wrote: »
    Joslin Rhodes can help with questions exactly like this

In the UK? I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You should have no problem. If the lender is looking for a recent payslip before the mortgage issues and your payslip shows maternity benefit just get a letter from your employer stating the date you are due to return from maternity benefit and confirm 80% salary payment.
    Best of luck

kitty13! wrote: »
    Hi, I was hoping to drawdown on my mortgage before maternity began but this is looking unlikely due to conveyancing delays.
    I will be getting paid by my employer along with the maternity benefit for 6 months. Will the banks still allow me to drawdown. When stress tested I'd still have enough for an additional dependent?

House price is 192500
    I've a loan offer for 175000, married sole applicant
    45000 savings
    My base salary is 55000 ( I earn commission on top, average overall income has been 70,000 gross over the past 3 years.. they didn't take commission into account at the time as was not in the job long enough)
    On maternity- employer will pay 80% of my base salary and I will also recieve 245/week state maternity benefit. So basically will be earning the same

Advertisement