Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell's Kitchen Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Trying to figure out the game mechanic here so I note from the opening post

"Alpha Wolf - Big and bad with balls of brass, the alpha will square up to anyone including Gordon Ramsey. You'd better not be up against them in a showdown! This alpha also appears as good to the seer on first look"

Would it be in Alpha wolfs capabilities to set the trap knowing he is safe because he didn't take the poison just to make it look like he is a good guy? This is basically a showdown and a Oisin WW has come straight out to side himself with the chefs.
    Mechanics talk
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Another post attempting to flatter a member of the Red team. Very suspicious indeed.

I am not quite sure what you are playing at
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Interesting.. Well spotted.

Be interesting to see Emily explain what is interesting in this. Is the red team compliments or the compliments in general.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    My take is that the speed of your decision makes me worry. And I'll acknowledged that on day one, it doesn't make much to look suspicious, within the vacuum of actions.

But for me, I'd argue the following.

Oisin and Angus gets poisoned.
    Oisin says he's an NRV. Angus hasn't posted at all yet.
    You jump in saying "Thats decided then, I advise that Angus gets cured".

No Angus won't say he's RV. But neither will Oisin. Logically, for me, Oisin at least is participating while Angus hadn't posted at all yet. So why were Oisin and Angus chosen? And why would we immediately land on "Let's save the person who hasn't posted", without even making sure Angus was contributing.

The poison went to one person who was posting a little bit, and one person not posting at all. It's not that whoever the SK is had any read on Angus at all. It can't have been roll hunting, or a suspicious post. It's literally a blind stab. Whereas Oisin might be a blind stab or specifically targetted.

If you'd said, "alright, I feel its likely we should save Angus if you're an NRV", it would be one thing, but it feels you were very definitive about using the healing on someone who hadn't posted at all yet. Someone you ALSO couldn't have had any read on. As I said, it was indecent haste. Reaching a "conclusion" without even seeing if Angus is even involved yet, feels suspicious to me.

There’s two options

Oisin is telling the truth - then we try to save Angus because he could be an RV but most likely is a villager

Oisin is lying - Oisin is likely a wolf - we save Oisin

Nothing to do with Angus posting or not

I’m giving my logic, I’m not the healer so to say I’m making the decision is just untrue. I’ve no say on who gets healed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    There isn't a lot of posts to go on from yesterday, but Orla's post style has actually been a bit similar to Liam's today if you look in isolation. Complimenting Regan, a few barbs and sarcastic comments throwing shade at other posters.

I am not liking this task at all, especially if we have a wolf (or more) tied up in it, as it is giving them an easy pass to hide their posting behind.

But Orla doing tasks or having behavior similar behaviour doesnt make Orla wolfy.

Her shading of Liam makes her wolfy.

If she knows its a task, surely its not Liam's behavior isnt suspect to her, no?

it doesnt sit right with me.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    There’s two options

Oisin is telling the truth - then we try to save Angus because he could be an RV but most likely is a villager

I’m giving my logic, I’m not the healer so to say I’m making the decision is just untrue. I’ve no say on who gets healed

Explain this, we have no idea of alignment on Angus and he could also be a wolf. To be honest, I liked Oisins quick reveal but he has made it very easy for Angus to do nothing and skate through the day if he is a wolf, no pressure on him now if we are advocating him to be healed. His lack of input isnt filling me with confidence either

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Ok, that was half a joke, with the compliment part, but, I didn’t like Doris’s post about “everyone in this post is a wolf”. It’s like shade throwing but light - vague enough, but something which she could go back to later if she wants to defend herself for a certain model of voting. Makes me suspicious.
    I could say the exact same about you.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

There’s two options

But you chose Angus despite being two or more plausible outcomes.

your response to save Angus was instantaneous

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Explain this, we have no idea of alignment on Angus and he could also be a wolf. To be honest, I liked Oisins quick reveal but he has made it very easy for Angus to do nothing and skate through the day if he is a wolf, no pressure on him now if we are advocating him to be healed. His lack of input isnt filling me with confidence either

Simple odds. If the SK has picked someone randomly out of the group then they’re most likely to be a villager

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

person-looks-like-gandhis-flip-flop

Alright you ****wits! So you think you're chefs now is it? Well I'm giving you all the chance to prepare a menu for tonight's dinner service! Each team member needs to submit an item for a 6 course menu to ECTOPLASM by 6pm tonight. 

For those of you uneducated twats who haven't a clue what 6 courses looks like, here's the courses...

Amuse-Bouche
    Soup
    Starter
    Salad
    Entrée
    Dessert

The winning team will be the one who submits as close to a full menu as possible - as easy as frying chips this challenge! Let's see how you all **** it up now.

Oh and one other thing - any conferring on the game thread and I'll see you at 9.30pm for the showdown alongside the losing team members.

1c05b22008e50d8abd8f59d9890fddbb.gif

Oisin WW wrote: »
    But you chose Angus despite being two or more plausible outcomes.

your response to save Angus was instantaneous

What were you hoping would happen when you declared yourself NRV?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Reading that initially, I was thinking "This sounds simple". And then that last line hits.

• Advertisement

Ewan, whats your thoughts so far? Im noticing you thanking posts throughout the day but not commenting....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Ewan, whats your thoughts so far? Im noticing you thanking posts throughout the day but not commenting....

Finding it hard to get a village/wolf read on anyone yet, don't want to jump to any conclusions just yet, was waiting for the team challenge to come up to see if I could spot the sabotage wolf, they'll surely be an easy enough one to pinpoint.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Necro wrote: »
    person-looks-like-gandhis-flip-flop

Alright you ****wits! So you think you're chefs now is it? Well I'm giving you all the chance to prepare a menu for tonight's dinner service! Each team member needs to submit an item for a 6 course menu to ECTOPLASM by 6pm tonight. 

For those of you uneducated twats who haven't a clue what 6 courses looks like, here's the courses...

Amuse-Bouche
    Soup
    Entrée
    Salad
    Starter
    Dessert

The winning team will be the one who submits as close to a full menu as possible - as easy as frying chips this challenge! Let's see how you all **** it up now.

Oh and one other thing - any conferring on the game thread and I'll see you at 9.30pm for the showdown alongside the losing team members.

1c05b22008e50d8abd8f59d9890fddbb.gif

Do we say in our PM what course we are submitting? Or do we just submit a dish and the mods decide what fits?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Simple odds. If the SK has picked someone randomly out of the group then they’re most likely to be a villager

I'm no math whizz, but that doesn't quite sound right. I wouldn't automatically be drawing that conclusion anyway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxrWZmetv3q9y6YuOyDFS9ydZtci655IVVng&usqp=CAU

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I'm no math whizz, but that doesn't quite sound right. I wouldn't automatically be drawing that conclusion anyway.

Well SK plus 4 wolves is 5, that leaves 16 others to choose from, and assuming they have no further knowledge than the rest of us, that's an 80% chance of a villager, then a slightly smaller chance of the second one also being a villager

Phil WW wrote: »
    Do we say in our PM what course we are submitting? Or do we just submit a dish and the mods decide what fits?

Please specify in your PM what course your dish is for.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    I could say the exact same about you.

I don’t think so. I always give reasons when I think somebody is shady.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

A six course meal with no main course? :pac:

My course is sent

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

OK so I have a few minutes between meetings to give my 2 cents.

I didn't realise that Liam was doing punishments until Oisin pointed it out. I didn't pay as much attention to the post as I should have. I spotted my name and went straight to the PM to see what mine was and to formulate some sort of game plan.

Is what Liam doing his punishment? I now believe so. Personally, I find it a bit odd that he isn't as subtle as the rest of us as I haven't been able to make out what Emily and Oisin are doing from their posts. But perhaps this is Liam's way of saying "hey this is my punishment and I'm village", I don't know, I'm not a psychologist.

I know Oisin is pushing the Orla is a wolf narrative but as I am team Red and Liam is team Blue, why would I be helping him out?

I am leaning towards Oisin being wolf due to his aggressive tone in his postings, attempts to create conflict between other posters and the fact that he appears to be willing to sacrifice himself by identifying as NRV but then claiming that his bad mood is because he is sad that he may be killed.

• Advertisement

Whoops, I've updated that now :o

Isla WW wrote: »
    A six course meal with no main course? :pac:

My course is sent

Entree is a main course :pac::pac:

Nigel WW wrote: »

That I can agree with, its not a conclusion, its a fact

Theres 20 players other than the SK, he has a 20% chance of hitting a wolf, 20% of hitting an RV and a 60% chance of hitting an NRV

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Entree is a main course :pac::pac:

Haha shows what I know. I thought that was the appetizer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxrWZmetv3q9y6YuOyDFS9ydZtci655IVVng&usqp=CAU

Surely this counts as conferring?

Surely this counts as conferring?

Didn't read the post properly :(:( Not intentional conferring, just tiredness

Intentional or not your team now know what course you're putting forward

Isla WW wrote: »
    Haha shows what I know. I thought that was the appetizer

I thought it was the starter also - it is the dish before the main dish. I think those Americans might use it in place of main course. Americans are wrong.

That I can agree with, its not a conclusion, its a fact

Theres 20 players other than the SK, he has a 20% chance of hitting a wolf, 20% of hitting an RV and a 60% chance of hitting an NRV

I get your maths, not disputing what I am disputing is that if we take Oisin at his word then Angus is also statistically most likely to an NRV.

He has an equal chance of being RV or Evil

So Angus is either just as expendable as Oisin or equally likely to be a wolf/RV

To be honest, the optimum play from Oisin was to say nothing or little until later in the day and see Angus' contribution. Thats past now but Angus is doing nothing so far which isnt helping us

• Advertisement

Obvious saboteur wolf is obvious.

Advertisement