Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell's Kitchen Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Can you point me to why your 90 percent on Mary being good?
    Phil WW wrote: »
    90% confident Mary is village?? It is just fluff! She has contributed SFA from what I can see, and definitely skirting by.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Not sure what you're seeing about Mary or Doris that has you confident on them...

Mary wasn't really on my radar all that much until you said you were 90% comfortable with Mary being good and I'm not seeing anything that suggests that level of confidence.

Doris is someone I was starting to consider for the lynch vote tonight. What wolf hunting was Doris doing? Doris has a handful of posts that attack a few people at random but does nothing to back any of it up, there's very little there. Certainly doesn't read as leading any hunt to me.

It's hard to get a good read on anyone Day 1, we have very little to go on, not sure why anyone is keen to clear anyone at all at this point.

Wanted to link some final thoughts in the likely scenario I’m not around past 10 tomorrow.

I put the Mary thing in what I hoped was a “they’ll catch this latter” moment. The fact that three people leaped on the 90% figure, and two have already flipped wolf, has me massively concerned about Phil.

All three latched onto the language and tried to drag my reasoning out of me. In retrospect, I should have been a bit more subtle. But I’d be heavily looking at Phil tomorrow as a result. The fact he shares the same logic so quickly with two known wolves is worrisome.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Wanted to link some final thoughts in the likely scenario I’m not around past 10 tomorrow.

I put the Mary thing in what I hoped was a “they’ll catch this latter” moment. The fact that three people leaped on the 90% figure, and two have already flipped wolf, has me massively concerned about Phil.

All three latched onto the language and tried to drag my reasoning out of me. In retrospect, I should have been a bit more subtle. But I’d be heavily looking at Phil tomorrow as a result. The fact he shares the same logic so quickly with two known wolves is worrisome.

This is the only phil/oisin interaction I could find.
    I'm just feeling left out that Liam hasn't thrown any love my way :P
    I read his initial post on complimenting Angus as very tongue in cheek. All of his posts have been. I think it is is a punishment task. Focussing there right now I don't think will get us very far. Granted if it continues past today, look at it. But in my eyes, it is very much punishment.
    I haven't figured out the other tasks yet.
    You really do have a beautiful brain Philip.

Quick read of Nigels attempts to organise the aftermath of the team challenge.

Nigel tries organizing the figuring out of who submitted what. He argues that people slow to say what they submitted should be up for the showdown, and lists Phil, Ewan, Orla and his own dishes quickly.

Fiona, like myself, questions what such an organisation would achieve.

It’s not that many seemed to go along with his plan, but would the wolf have tried to lay some cover for a partner by trying to guide them out of the showdown?

@Gabriel
    Why Mary over those 2 for example?
    It's not Mary over these 2. Mary was the first one based on my first look. Senan's posts now that I have read back are not sitting right with me either. I haven't voted anywhere yet.
    But Mary still hasn't done anything to convince me they are village. I don't see what was village in their posts yesterday either.
    I just feel that its a pretty unjustified vote. Vote there if you wish, but I think theres better options.

On the flip side Conor and his 90 percent certainly is odd too. I can see how he can be so certain.

Both reads bother me
    It's Day One - there is so little to go on so a lot of choices will be unjustified. My main reason for calling out Mary was to get them interacting on the thread, see their reaction. They haven't really engaged in a way that is meshing for me now. They say they are reading, but have yet to put forward anything that isn't fluff.
    We have different reads, that is fine. I thought your read earlier was a bit unjustified also, I could see how they weren't wolfy posts.
    However I do agree that Conor and his 90% is very odd. But I am blinkered as I can't see anything villagery in those posts.
    Just to note, I'm not 100% stuck on Mary. I'm still keeping an open mind. I am Team Red so I have to come up with showdown names too

This interaction was during Nigels attempts to guide the showdown.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Necro wrote: »
    Mod Announcement:

A substitution has occurred on the Angus WW account. Play nice now, you pack of donkeys :P

newbie here so catching up

am I right 2 wolves 2 village gone, jake gone after safe in showdown with orla and evan

conor and lucy clear village

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    Putting these in village lean for now

Clodagh
    Conor
    Doris
    Isla
    Lucy
    Orla
    Regan
    Senan

that leaves

Abigail
    Angus
    Barbara
    Emily
    Ewan
    Fiona
    Gabriel
    Liam
    Phil
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    What have you done to separate these out?

Do you not believe liam has been spewed not wolf?
    Mainly based on the FFA's from the wolves. I'll have to look at Liam's posts again

Sad? I feel pretty good about it. It's probably because I've been wolf hunting the entire time

your list
    Clodagh
    Conor
    Doris
    Isla
    Lucy
    Orla
    Regan
    Senan

I've no issue with
    Conor
    Doris
    Lucy
    Orla

i get you putting your own name their.

so,
    Clodagh
    Regan
    Senan
    i have to figure out.

post #490 is for regan.
    No, just no.

hopefully there will be more later, but this does not cause village lean.

I feel Regan is trying to cosy up to me and I feel Lucy is way to quick to heal Angus.

Right now Im happy to vote Orla, Lucy or Regan as things stand for reasons previously outlined

Id get reactions from players. I got one from you and Regan

Votes been on Orla, no reason to change.... wont mind switching to Regan or Lucy.

A lot of the other choices people have suggested dont appeal to me yet
    Whats wolfy on Regans post here? Sell me on it?

I like Regan as a wolf but not for this post.... why is it wolfy Lucy?

heh, somebody else has said regan is wolfy now, and they are interested. I'd bet that player is village. (its lucy, who i believe is village)
    On Lucy after our last interaction.

May switch to Orla again as I feel they are benfitting from out of sight out of mind Regan too.

I feel Marys FFA is weak , seems lazy. Villagers can be lazy too

They just mention Regan an awful lot, but never really have a case on them.
    I switched to Mary. Wanted my vote to count as no one is on Orla or Regan.

Marys FFA and content tonight has been lazy and weak

So, there case on regan was "I feel Regan is trying to cosy up to me"

No village lean from reading oisin.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    I always find Day 1 tough to come up with good reasons, and a lot of it is based on gut.

FFA #1 for the Lynch

Doris ; shows up periodically to "wolf hunt" but seems to just target people at random and backs nothing up. Part of me says TWTBAW, and the other larger part says that's just what Doris wants us to think. My vote will be here tonight.

Conor ; initially Conor to me seemed to be a very clued in and clever player, and was talking a lot of sense, but then today talking about how he was leaning 90% village on Mary and also didn't want to lynch Doris because they seemed to be good at "wolf hunting" (see above) and it just started throwing up red flags for me. Starting to think Conor is a wolf attempting to take charge and lead the village

Liam ; all this talk of the skin-crawling compliments being part of a task may very well be true, but that doesn't mean Liam isn't a Wolf/SK, and just getting bad vibes from him all day, but that said I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt tonight and FFAs on Day 1 are a tough call, so Doris still feels the right choice for lynch in my opinion.

Had been leaning this way myself earlier anyway, so going to go with Senan and Clodagh for the showdown.

thgis is how you got senan and clodagh? nope, no village lean there either.

So, i'd remove
    Clodagh
    Regan
    Senan

and I'd add liam.

Conor
    Doris
    Lucy
    Orla
    liam
    Gabriel

Clodagh
    Regan
    Senan
    Abigail
    Angus
    Barbara
    Emily
    Ewan
    Fiona
    Phil

Angus WW wrote: »
    newbie here so catching up

am I right 2 wolves 2 village gone, jake gone after safe in showdown with orla and evan

conor and lucy clear village

mary nrv lynched
    oisin alpha wolf poisioned by SK
    nigel vengeful wolf shot
    jake nrv most likely a vengeful wolf shot, so the wolves killed jake, must look thru their posts and see why they went after him.

you can form your own opinion on conor and lucy.

as you can see from my post before this one, i have them in my village. They might not be in everyones village pile as only its only there word that has put them in that state. if you believe what they are selling, put the into your village pile and focus on finding wolves in your non village pile.

My village pile
    Conor
    Doris
    Lucy
    Orla
    liam
    Gabriel

Whats left.

Clodagh
    Regan
    Senan
    Abigail
    Angus
    Barbara
    Emily
    Ewan
    Fiona
    Phil

added titles to the piles.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

right my village leans

orla
    conor
    abigail
    lucy
    doris
    clodagh
    liam

Emily WW wrote: »
    Or he wants us to think he Is.....

Emily,

On reread, this jumps out.

Can you explain what you believe jakes intentions were?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

added titles to the piles.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h03enmu9pcvrsmmv5tny2t22angoh9t30277k1m8&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h03enmu9pcvrsmmv5tny2t22angoh9t30277k1m8&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

you started it, here,
    Putting these in village lean for now

Clodagh
    Conor
    Doris
    Isla
    Lucy
    Orla
    Regan
    Senan

that leaves

Abigail
    Angus
    Barbara
    Emily
    Ewan
    Fiona
    Gabriel
    Liam
    Phil

oh ****, i missed you, you are in the rest....

My village pile
    Conor
    Doris
    Lucy
    Orla
    liam
    Gabriel

Whats left.

Clodagh
    Regan
    Senan
    Abigail
    Angus
    Barbara
    Emily
    Ewan
    Fiona
    isla
    Phil

Happy now?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Happy now?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lc6k8ezv3og9dajql0mg8t21msfd27oi984rwdic&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

If Oisin hadn’t come straight out as NRV yesterday he’d definitely still be alive, as an active poster we would have pushed for him to be healed.

It makes sense now why Nigel was attacked the logic of healing Angus over Oisin, they were team mates. I wonder did anyone else do the same? Must have a quick look

I’ll ISO Nigel and Oisin before lunch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    If Oisin hadn’t come straight out as NRV yesterday he’d definitely still be alive, as an active poster we would have pushed for him to be healed.

It makes sense now why Nigel was attacked the logic of healing Angus over Oisin, they were team mates. I wonder did anyone else do the same? Must have a quick look

Good morning

I would have been one of the ones to say to heal Oisin over Angus, but I did explain my reasons, that Oisin was at least posting.

Regarding suspicions, I still don’t feel right about Liam. However, reading back, I would put Orla higher up on the list, as her behaviour regarding the compliments task was just off, as she knew the task, but tried to cast shade against others completing it.

I’ll be on and off during the day. Back to the office now, but will try to keep up!

Regan WW wrote: »
    Good morning

I would have been one of the ones to say to heal Oisin over Angus, but I did explain my reasons, that Oisin was at least posting.

Regarding suspicions, I still don’t feel right about Liam. However, reading back, I would put Orla higher up on the list, as her behaviour regarding the compliments task was just off, as she knew the task, but tried to cast shade against others completing it.

I’ll be on and off during the day. Back to the office now, but will try to keep up!

Let’s see. Conor is on my good list. Doris is still on my naughty list.

Ok. Will try to fill in more opinions on other players throughout the day.

I think Mary is good.

Gonna stop for now though. Don’t want to be in the office today!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Morning all.

I think that the two remaining wolves are on Team Red as it was looking like Senan and Clodagh were the favourites to be nominated for the showdown but Jake and myself find us in it instead.

So my thinking is that I think it was Doris that was putting Jake and I down for the showdown and I believe that the three wolves (Nigel, Senan and Clodagh) all jumped onboard to nominate the two of us.

That's just how I am reading last night's events.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Emily,

On reread, this jumps out.

Can you explain what you believe jakes intentions were?

At that point He could of had two motives for it..

He could of been genuinely been a novice and trying to get a free ride and claiming to be a bodyguard or he could of been a wolf and trying to get a novice to out himself as the bodyguard.

It didn't sit right with me why he would make such a claim so early but when he explained later that day he was only making that claim in response to him telling someone else that anyone could claim to be anything. It made more sense.

But in a way I think that was his downfall?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Conor WW wrote: »

Please look away. I was the first player to mention voting for Mary. I did so early in the day as she hadn't posted yet and her posts from the day before were mainly picture and nothing of substance.
    Clearing someone as 90% village with no reasoning on Day 1 (when night actions probably don't start until tonight) is odd. However, calling that put does not make me wolf.
    Oisin jumped on my Mary wagon when Lucy revealed as he needed somewhere to hide. Nigel was pocketing me and copying my noms for showdown. Wolves do not stay that pally in a game. But look all you want. I'm playing my own game here, I will call out behaviour that I find suss, but I am not wolf. Or SK for that matter.

Can I ask your reasoning for Doris on your naughty list? I'm looking at the amount of votes Doris got last night and the fact Nigel a wolf voted for her if she was genuinely bad then I can't see Nigel voting for her because I think she was in a few lists.

Personally myself I think the votes against Doris are key and how many of the others that voted for Doris are wolves ? Just my thinking.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Good morning all.
    Doing my chef stuff here and having somebody's signature dish.
    (Beans on Toast)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Morning all.

I think that the two remaining wolves are on Team Red as it was looking like Senan and Clodagh were the favourites to be nominated for the showdown but Jake and myself find us in it instead.

So my thinking is that I think it was Doris that was putting Jake and I down for the showdown and I believe that the three wolves (Nigel, Senan and Clodagh) all jumped onboard to nominate the two of us.

That's just how I am reading last night's events.

This is a good point. However, I was one of the few people who declared who my nominations were (Senan and Clodagh) so dunno were they really favourites among everyone else. Nigel I think copied my nomination on thread so we don't know who he actually voted.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Doing my chef stuff here and having somebody's signature dish.
    (Beans on Toast)

Bob Appetite :p

Bon Appetite :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

This is a good point. However, I was one of the few people who declared who my nominations were (Senan and Clodagh) so dunno were they really favourites among everyone else. Nigel I think copied my nomination on thread so we don't know who he actually voted.

I think Abi declared the same as yourself iirc

But they have to pick the right person to cure!

Gonna have a read through now just to see if there’s any reason why those two were picked.

And, in other news, vaccination was a breeze. Was a one shot, so I can go back to licking lamposts in 2 weeks! :)
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    :eek: :confused::(

Oh damn! Didn't think there were any actions until tonight!!!

How do we heal them?!
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Not sure on that, odds would suggest so but could the SK have taken the fake poison themselves? Its been a while since this kinda mechanic has been used.
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    I think Oisin claiming NRV immediately either means he is, or he's playing a very clever double bluff and is SK with a fake poison, which would mean Angus is the real poison...

I'd rather wait until Angus is on and we can maybe figure it out better.
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Trying to figure out the game mechanic here so I note from the opening post

"Alpha Wolf - Big and bad with balls of brass, the alpha will square up to anyone including Gordon Ramsey. You'd better not be up against them in a showdown! This alpha also appears as good to the seer on first look"

Would it be in Alpha wolfs capabilities to set the trap knowing he is safe because he didn't take the poison just to make it look like he is a good guy? This is basically a showdown and a Oisin WW has come straight out to side himself with the chefs.
    Id be suspect of these two and Orla WW right now.

How can you decide who to heal right now. Angus hasnt appeared and in your shoes I couldnt decide.

I feel Regan is trying to cosy up to me and I feel Lucy is way to quick to heal Angus.
    Please look away. I was the first player to mention voting for Mary. I did so early in the day as she hadn't posted yet and her posts from the day before were mainly picture and nothing of substance.
    Clearing someone as 90% village with no reasoning on Day 1 (when night actions probably don't start until tonight) is odd. However, calling that put does not make me wolf.
    Oisin jumped on my Mary wagon when Lucy revealed as he needed somewhere to hide. Nigel was pocketing me and copying my noms for showdown. Wolves do not stay that pally in a game. But look all you want. I'm playing my own game here, I will call out behaviour that I find suss, but I am not wolf. Or SK for that matter.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mo6m0f0guz80sp0ovtc660ny6ed0mefbtilmtuql&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Advertisement

I think Mary is good.

Gonna stop for now though. Don’t want to be in the office today!!

Mary was lynched last night.

Advertisement