Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems using AIB Credit Card online

• 19-06-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having difficulties using AIB Credit Card online ?

I am set up for SCA for a few months with Password and 6 digit code sent by SMS. I do not have or want App. Using Password/Code combination successfully for months online.

Problems started week before last using Card online specifically with Tesco online. No SMS codes arrive. Tesco website saying problem with Card, contact your Bank etc. Bank (AIB) say issue is with Tesco. Eventually, AIB Card Services override SCA while I am on phone with them and transaction goes through (without SMS code).

However, problems persist all last week with Dunnes, H&M and more Tesco. Multiple calls to AIB Card Services. Multiple reasons given by them for issues. No resolution. They override security for each transaction while I am on the phone.

The suggest different reasons for issues. I go along with all their suggestions and eliminate their reasons and the issue persists.
    One issue they suggest is lack of mobile phone coverage. They suggest I get new Sim to resolve. So, I get new Sim yesterday but they did not tell me that new Sim blocks all SMS notifications from AIB for 48 hours so now I cannot get SMS codes for online use.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I’m not with AIB but work in an industry that takes online payments. Have had clients phone to complain our system isn’t working - it’s ALWAYS AIB customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Save yourself a lot of trouble and get the App

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Who is your sim card from, Virgin used not to pass validation sms on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

athlone573 wrote: »
    Who is your sim card from, Virgin used not to pass validation sms on.

Eir. I had been getting validation SMS messages just fine until week before last.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue apart from getting the App ?

Appreciate any suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue apart from getting the App ?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Patience young padawan

Give it 48 hours for the new sim to work

athlone573 wrote: »
    Patience young padawan

Give it 48 hours for the new sim to work

The 48 hours have passed and it does not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Just get the app and avoid torturing yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,021 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I’m not with AIB but work in an industry that takes online payments. Have had clients phone to complain our system isn’t working - it’s ALWAYS AIB customers.

Similar.

There are also a few PTSB cards giving grief. But it's mainly AIB.

Having the app won't necessarily solve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Gooser14

What phone are you using? The reason I ask is that a family member recently had a problem receiving security code SMS from BoI. It turned out that Huawei had issued an update & as a result the BoI code were being sent to the junk SMS folder.

• Advertisement

Gooser14 wrote: »
    What phone are you using? The reason I ask is that a family member recently had a problem receiving security code SMS from BoI. It turned out that Huawei had issued an update & as a result the BoI code were being sent to the junk SMS folder.

It's a Samsung. I didn't even know that there was an SMS junk folder. Will look for it.

Similar.

There are also a few PTSB cards giving grief. But it's mainly AIB.

Having the app won't necessarily solve it.

I am wondering if getting them to issue a new physical card with a new number would solve it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Gooser14

SusanC10 wrote:
    It's a Samsung. I didn't even know that there was an SMS junk folder. Will look for it.

As additional info, my daughter is using a Huawei P30 Pro phone & the setting is in Messages > three dots > Spam & Blocked. Suspect/Spam text messages are directed to this folder. My own phone is a Huawei Mate Pro 10 & it doesn't have this feature but does have a Block setting.

AIB now saying that the 48 hours did not start when my SIM was activated but rather the first time that I tried to log in to Internet Banking after that. Which is completely different to what they said before.

As additional info, my daughter is using a Huawei P30 Pro phone & the setting is in Messages > three dots > Spam & Blocked. Suspect/Spam text messages are directed to this folder. My own phone is a Huawei Mate Pro 10 & it doesn't have this feature but does have a Block setting.

Thanks Gooser. I do not seem to have this feature on my phone either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I'm using the android SMS app and how no idea this existed. Same location as the quoted post. There was a few spam texts in there.

Advertisement