Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can one feed from a Quad LNB go faulty?

• 19-06-2021 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I have a Sky dish and Quad LNB (older type not Sky-Q modern type) and the SkyHD in the living room is working fine off its two feeds however the Freesat TV in the bedroom has lost signal.

I tried it also with a FTA satellite box and that can't find signal either. I'm going to get some cable and extend the Sky cable from living room to bedroom TV to test just incase it might be the TV, but with FTA box and Freesat TV both not getting a signal I'm inclined to blame the LNB. Tv TV is 11 years old and a 50 inch so it isn't so mobile hence extending the cable instead of moving the tv.

I keep thinking that wouldn't the LNB just totally give up or can one feed just die like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

theguzman wrote: »
    I keep thinking that wouldn't the LNB just totally give up or can one feed just die like this?

Yes, one feed can die.

Have you easy access to the LNB to swap the cables around there instead of running new bits of cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes have seen this happen with a combination of water ingress on the F-Connector and it becoming loose, I redid the connection to the cable and taped up, was fine after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It could be the cable at fault rather than the LNB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I'll have a go at it over the coming days, 2 feeds going to the SkyHD box are fine, this 3rd feed to the Freesat tv is faulty and the fourth feed is ran into the attic and held in reserve and connected to nothing, hopefully I can swap them around and that will solve the problem if it is the problem.

Advertisement