Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Town and roadworks

• 19-06-2021 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

What is up with the council wanting to destroy every road around Wexford town all at the same time? It's impossible to get anywhere now due them, you'd nearly have to go around the ring roads to get from one side of town to the other... Took me a hour to get home the other day due to all the traffic when it normally takes like 15 minutes~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

It can take a while alright to get around. Some of the roads have been in need of repairing for a good while.

Like most towns in Ireland Wexford is not designed for high volume traffic but it works reasonably well when roadworks aren’t going on. Short term pain hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

ParkRunner wrote: »
    It can take a while alright to get around. Some of the roads have been in need of repairing for a good while.

Like most towns in Ireland Wexford is not designed for high volume traffic but it works reasonably well when roadworks aren’t going on. Short term pain hopefully

Yeah I understand most of the roads needed these works now for a long time, but I think it's just worse that they decided to do all these works once the country and outside summer started like, like the south main street is like a maze now, literally no parking along there for collecting food or running to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    Yeah I understand most of the roads needed these works now for a long time, but I think it's just worse that they decided to do all these works once the country and outside summer started like, like the south main street is like a maze now, literally no parking along there for collecting food or running to the shops.

I reckon the works couldn’t start earlier because of the Covid restrictions on construction works. Not great timing alright but give it a week, two max, it should be fixed up hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

The big issue I have with it is that there's no advance warning that a road is closed so that you can avoid it.Example of turning from quay at Talbot and there's nothing to warn you that you can't continue through junction with Barrack/Main Street towards Tesco,you have to turn left onto Barrack street. Then when you get to end of Barrack Street you could only turn left back on to Trinity Street/Quay back to where you started.
    Even before the roadworks there's some bizarre fascination with funnelling all traffic towards the Quay. Id hate to be from out of town and trying to figure my way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

Literally the whole town is still under construction with schools going back next week. This should be interesting as the traffic on the roundabouts and quay is already bad now going to be even worse soon.

And what's with these new footpaths that are going into the place... they are nearly bigger than the road itself now at this stage between the one up by Lidl and the one by Pettitts it's some joke now at this stage.

They also have ruined Mulgannon hill too with putting those bright orange bollards up there that apparently no councilor knew where going in...

• Advertisement
Advertisement