Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charging etiquette

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭jusmeig

mfceiling wrote: »
    That's what I mean. Like the huge green painted block with large white writing isn't enough.
    I'm not comparing it to parking in a disabled spot but it's the same level of not caring.

Clamping will change the behavior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

jusmeig wrote: »
    I was going to triumphantly report free parking and charging for EV owners in Connemara National Park...

IMG-20210625-WA0007.jpg

Where does this sit on the etiquette scales?

Time to start printing up ‘education notices’ and applying them to these sort of drivers windscreens……

Remember it’s windy out there, so best to use a whole tube of superglu to ensure the ‘education notice’ doesn’t blow away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭antfin

mfceiling wrote: »
    I presume the Volvo isn't electric?

At what point do you see a huge green space with "electric vehicle only" and think "ah this is grand for me"?

XC90 T8 is a PHEV

antfin wrote: »
    XC90 T8 is a PHEV

Irrelevant what it is if it’s not plugged in.
    The space is ICE’d.

This goes back to the lack of education whereby people believe they are entitled to park in one of these spaces simply by virtue of their car having a plug…. Regardless if they actually plug in or not….

Like the Prius plug in that’s always parked in a spot at my location Tesco despite never being plugged in….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭antfin

Irrelevant what it is if it’s not plugged in.
    The space is ICE’d.

Just answering the question of whether it's electric or not! Sorry if I offended.

antfin wrote: »
    Just answering the question of whether it's electric or not! Sorry if I offended.

No offence at all other than the offence caused by the Volvo…

If it was plugged in, it’d be absolutely entitled to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Its a plug in hybrid seemingly not plugged in lol.

I'm even more outraged now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

No offence at all other than the offence caused by the Volvo…

If it was plugged in, it’d be absolutely entitled to be there.

What exactly is the difference between not charging and plugged in and not charging and not plugged in? If they plugged in and didn't charge would it be ok to park there? Why is the Tesla plate deleted but the Volvo one not deleted.

Vestiapx wrote: »
    What exactly is the difference between not charging and plugged in and not charging and not plugged in? If they plugged in and didn't charge would it be ok to park there? Why is the Tesla plate deleted but the Volvo one not deleted.

Well you’d assume if it was plugged in and not charging, it was most likely charging at one point when it was plugged in, so perhaps a charge has finished and the owner has not yet returned (doubtful though with a PHEV as they charge fairly slowly)

As for the Tesla plate being covered, I presume the owner doesn’t want to publish their reg plate on a public forum…. But is happy to publish/shame that of an inconsiderate driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Well you’d assume if it was plugged in and not charging, it was most likely charging at one point when it was plugged in, so perhaps a charge has finished and the owner has not yet returned (doubtful though with a PHEV as they charge fairly slowly)

As for the Tesla plate being covered, I presume the owner doesn’t want to publish their reg plate on a public forum….
    So the car was charging which it's entitled to and the Tesla owner thinks it's ok to post other people's plates but not there own on boards. I would have thought that ev drivers would be happier to work together than this thread shows I'm reminded of the hell is feeding yourself and heaven is feeding other parable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So the car was charging which it's entitled to

If you can make the effort to remove your charging cable, you can make the effort to move your car.

It’s worse.

Though a disabled person could park somewhere else (despite being extremely inconvenient for them), an EV driver can’t charge in any other spot…..

In fairness the disabled sticker is often abused, you'd be surprised how easy it is to get a disabled sticker on your car and how many family members drive the car with the disabled sticker just to park in the disabled bays.

So the car was charging which it's entitled to and the Tesla owner thinks it's ok to post other people's plates but not there own on boards. I would have thought that ev drivers would be happier to work together than this thread shows I'm reminded of the hell is feeding yourself and heaven is feeding other parable.

Is there some legal issue posting cars with number plates ?

That's it pal, he/she was not charging. It's not EV parking it's EV charging, that's why the charger is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

It’s becoming a good opportunity to chat up women. A few years ago Dunnes on a Friday was the place but this is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

All this stress over charging etiquette would kind of put me off having an electric car.

blackbox wrote: »
    All this stress over charging etiquette would kind of put me off having an electric car.

Don’t worry, it doesn’t happen in reality.

In 32,400km of EV driving, I’ve never been in a situation where I was stuck for a charge because someone blocked a charger….

• Advertisement
Advertisement