Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband without Contract?

Options
  • 20-06-2021 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get broadband reconnected in a property without a 12month contract? The house in question has EIR vDSL available at speeds of around 30mb according to Eir's own website, I havent had it reconnected or know the actual speed yet but I would like to get it reconnected but may not need it for the full 12 months of contract if the house was to be placed back on the rental market in Dec 21 or Jan 2022 depending on my own annual nomadic travels when winter strikes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

theguzman wrote: »
    Is it possible to get broadband reconnected in a property without a 12month contract? The house in question has EIR vDSL available at speeds of around 30mb according to Eir's own website, I havent had it reconnected or know the actual speed yet but I would like to get it reconnected but may not need it for the full 12 months of contract if the house was to be placed back on the rental market in Dec 21 or Jan 2022 depending on my own annual nomadic travels when winter strikes.

I don't think eir offer monthly contracts. Does it have a virgin media connection. They offer "naked broadband" which is just a monthly contract.

Alternatively got could look at using a mobile sim in a old phone or hotspot if the reception is good in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭deisedude

theguzman wrote: »

I have mobile broadband with 3. Bought the router outright and stick in a sim. €30 per month rolling contract and has been fairly reliable.

Wasn't 100% what I was looking for at the time but keeping it until fibre comes to my area

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Advertisement