Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elm Tree TRaffic Lights

• 20-06-2021 8:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭

The new walk/cycle path that is being built in Glounthaune/Elm treee area looks very well butwhy oh why did they need yo put traffic lights in at the Elmtree ?.Surely there are not so many people needing tto cross the road there to warrant the expense ?

While I am at it....WTF is going to be done at Fitzpatricks ?....with the extension of the shop and no organised parking...that place is a n accident waiting to happen....just waiting for some child or elderly person to appear from behind a vehicle doing an improper entry or exit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Fitzpatricks will be a right mess when that's all done. it's bad enough as it is.

You do get a lot of cars parking across the road from the Elm Tree, particularly at lunchtime on the weekend. they've lost about 10 spaces at the front with the new path so maybe it's an arrangement to make up for those.

I'm delighted they are finally making a proper crossing for the train station, that's been badly needed for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

No matter what you do some people will always park like assholes and cause issues. Look at the (Amber?) garage just down from The Elm Tree - the amount of people that already park on the path, or blocking the entrance...

It seems overkill now, but I'm not sure what they're planning on doing with the cycle path from there to Carrigtwohill. In the future if it's as well used as they hope it might make more sense.

Fitzpartick's is always a mess. I heard they were denied planning permission for a cafe because of the parking situation. To make things worse, not only is there a pedestrian/cycle route already at Ashbourne Walkway, but they're planning on building the new cycle path next to the road and across the entrance too. You'd think one or the other would be enough, and they could provide more parking. Would be nice to see some proper parking solutions provided.

While we're in the neighbourhood, I'm going to have a quick rant about cyclist on the road, next to the bloody cycle path. I used the cycle path a few weeks ago, and though at times it wasn't ideal, with cars crossing, pedestrians, children, etc., I'm not in training for the Tour De France, so I got over it. Maddening to see asshole cyclists holding up traffic that can't get past because the road has been narrowed by building a cycle path!

Advertisement