Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost ITV channels on Sky Box

• 20-06-2021 8:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭

The ITV channels stopped working on my mother's sky box , the version before the Q

I went to put them back on again, but for some reason the box losses the satellite signal when I try to play one of the newly installed channels.

I then have to reset the box to get her normal subscription channels back.

Anyone else come across this problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

2smiggy wrote: »
    The ITV channels stopped working on my mother's sky box , the version before the Q

I went to put them back on again, but for some reason the box losses the satellite signal when I try to play one of the newly installed channels.

I then have to reset the box to get her normal subscription channels back.

Anyone else come across this problem

They changed the tuning specs for ITV, I had them on SkyQ but they disappeared with a message "There is a problem with your satellite signal" found a net article with new tuning instructions, all working now. Maybe you are using old tuning settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Spook_ie wrote: »
    They changed the tuning specs for ITV, I had them on SkyQ but they disappeared with a message "There is a problem with your satellite signal" found a net article with new tuning instructions, all working now. Maybe you are using old tuning settings?

https://www.lyngsat.com/tvchannels/uk/ITV-4.html

New settings since May 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I have sky hd box. I am trying to add itv3 to add channels. It seems to work ok, I can choose the channel and select out as per instructions
    But when I go into other channels thereis nothing there.
    I am saving 10891, H, 22000,5/6, DVB-S, QPSK, which appear to be the newest parameters.
    Is there anything else I should be doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Clitheroekid

Is there a final instruction to save added channels..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Try this. When you see the added channels, make sure you store them, yellow button, then make sure you press select. Then exit. Now power off box with remote and then power back on. Try now and channels will be saved.

report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

swoofer wrote: »
    Try this. When you see the added channels, make sure you store them, yellow button, then make sure you press select. Then exit. Now power off box with remote and then power back on. Try now and channels will be saved.

report back.

Rodger , over and out.

No, it doesn’t work I’m afraid
    The yellow button saves the channel then I hit select twice
    I turned off the sky box, not the tv, turned it back on, went to Other Channels and there is nothing there.
    If I go back to Add Channels, the parameters I’ve entered are gone, there is a default frequency .When I press the yellow button to see what channel it is, I get No Channel Found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have you ticked the displayed channels and then save?

Yep, did everything! I think I’ll forget about it now.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Try deleting a few of the channels from your 'other channels.' I had the same problem before, and when I deleted a few unused channels, problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Google the channel codes for itv online then manually put them in.
    There are plenty of youtube videos that give instructions on how yo do this.

Advertisement