Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing Sent Private messages

Options
  • 20-06-2021 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Quick question albeit I have been wondering about this for quite some time.

I have never been able to view, see sent responses I have sent to people who have private messaged me, either in control panel on laptop or Touch site.

Is there a reason for this? am I missing something?

The only time I can actually see text from a response I have made is when the receiver responds , it appears like an sms type thread, once I respond, it vanishes and no longer accessible in my sent folder in control panel.

I can see only one sent PM from almost 8 years ago, I have sent well over a 100 . Its rare I use this feature but it would be helpful to have an idea of what I have responded to, particularly helping someone with an issue who might come back weeks later for additional info etc.

Thank you

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi

Quick question albeit I have been wondering about this for quite some time.

I have never been able to view, see sent responses I have sent to people who have private messaged me, either in control panel on laptop or Touch site.

Is there a reason for this? am I missing something?

The only time I can actually see text from a response I have made is when the receiver responds , it appears like an sms type thread, once I respond, it vanishes and no longer accessible in my sent folder in control panel.

I can see only one sent PM from almost 8 years ago, I have sent well over a 100 . Its rare I use this feature but it would be helpful to have an idea of what I have responded to, particularly helping someone with an issue who might come back weeks later for additional info etc.

Thank you

In the private message window at the top there is a drop down that Inbox (130 messages)

If you click that drop down you can change it to sent messages

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sent messages aren't saved by default. You'll need to turn that one in the User Control Panel, under the messaging options:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Spear wrote: »
    Sent messages aren't saved by default. You'll need to turn that one in the User Control Panel, under the messaging options:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Gosh that was fast, thank you, I never realised that, appreciate that, I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Quazzie wrote: »
    In the private message window at the top there is a drop down that Inbox (130 messages)

If you click that drop down you can change it to sent messages

Thank you for that quick response, appreciated :)

Advertisement