Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo County Council Planning question

Options
  • 20-06-2021 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi

I need to find and get a copy of the original maps and planning permission of a property built in the 1970's in County Mayo - can anyone tell me how long this can take when you go to the planning office in Castlebar to search through their physical records?

This information is not available electronically or online due to the age of the property.

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Hi

I need to find and get a copy of the original maps and planning permission of a property built in the 1970's in County Mayo - can anyone tell me how long this can take when you go to the planning office in Castlebar to search through their physical records?

This information is not available electronically or online due to the age of the property.

TIA :)
    If you ask them to dig out the file in advance it will be waiting for you when you arrive. Ring and give them the planning number if you know it. Pre covid anyway that's how it worked.
    Just note they may not have all the files or drawings. My house was late 70's and it had a section through the house but no plans or elevations which were lost over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Dudda wrote: »
    If you ask them to dig out the file in advance it will be waiting for you when you arrive. Ring and give them the planning number if you know it. Pre covid anyway that's how it worked.
    Just note they may not have all the files or drawings. My house was late 70's and it had a section through the house but no plans or elevations which were lost over the years.

Thank you - unfortunately I don't have the planning number, I have been advised by an engineer that the maps will need to be pulled first and the planning permission number should be listed to be able to pull the planning permission!

Did you need to get any maps?

You should be able to search the online website to get the planning reference number. It will display a message the drawings aren't uploaded but at least you'll have the reference number.

You should be able to search the online website to get the planning reference number. It will display a message the drawings aren't uploaded but at least you'll have the reference number.

Thanks - I've looked and cannot find the planning number via the online maps. I have spoken with the County Council today and they are going to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

The online maps only go back so far. you will have to visit the planing offices in Castlebar and try to work it out from the paper based maps in there. Currently you have to call ahead and make an appointment. If you know the townland, applicant, name etc. it will help.

Having a copy of a current OS map of the site in question may help in identifying the location. As noted above, the quality of the info you are able to get may not be great.

• Advertisement

Thanks - I've looked and cannot find the planning number via the online maps. I have spoken with the County Council today and they are going to assist.

If you know the address or applicant you should be able to use the regular search (not the map based search) and find the Planning Reference Number that way.
    http://www.eplanning.ie/mayocc/searchtypes

Anyway if they're helping that's good.

If you know the address or applicant you should be able to use the regular search (not the map based search) and find the Planning Reference Number that way.
    http://www.eplanning.ie/mayocc/searchtypes

Anyway if they're helping that's good.

Thanks again - I exhausted all the online avenues to no avail, as the previous poster says due to age of permission the original physical maps have to be retrieved from the councils office in person.
    Thankfully they're going to assist once I have provided them with some key information.

Advertisement