If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPS or VA panel

Options
  • 20-06-2021 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I'm looking at either replacing the TV in the sitting room and moving the current one to the bedroom.
    Or just getting a new one for the bedroom.

I'm liking this tv for the sitting room.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204845-philips-58pus8555-58-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

But I'm reading this is a va panel which apparently means horrible viewing angles. So I'm presuming this means it wouldn't make a good sitting room TV?

Or does it make any difference in the type of panel ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

honda boi wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'm looking at either replacing the TV in the sitting room and moving the current one to the bedroom.
    Or just getting a new one for the bedroom.

I'm liking this tv for the sitting room.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204845-philips-58pus8555-58-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

But I'm reading this is a va panel which apparently means horrible viewing angles. So I'm presuming this means it wouldn't make a good sitting room TV?

Or does it make any difference in the type of panel ?
    Hi Honda Boi!

Thanks for the post!

The Philips 58PUS8555 is actually a fantastic TV! Not only does it have the Android operating system it also uses a local dimming panel which gives great colour, contrast and brightness.

I have also checked on the specifications and the viewing angles are given as 178 degrees.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭honda boi

Hi Honda Boi!

Thanks for the post!

The Philips 58PUS8555 is actually a fantastic TV! Not only does it have the Android operating system it also uses a local dimming panel which gives great colour, contrast and brightness.

I have also checked on the specifications and the viewing angles are given as 178 degrees.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David.

Does this mean the picture will look the same up until the angle is greater then 178 degree?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Honda Boi!

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David.

Does this mean the picture will look the same up until the angle is greater then 178 degree?
    Hi Honda Boi.

Of course it also depends which two TV's regardless of panel type you are comparing as higher spec'd TV's will have better picture quality.

For the viewing angle it just means that if you go over the 178 degrees the image becomes less crisp and it can affect the image accuracy.
    178 degrees is nearly side on.

Hi Honda Boi.

Of course it also depends which two TV's regardless of panel type you are comparing as higher spec'd TV's will have better picture quality.

For the viewing angle it just means that if you go over the 178 degrees the image becomes less crisp and it can affect the image accuracy.
    No problem
    I was reading that this model is a va panel and CA panel are apparently not good at viewing angles , which I'm assuming wouldn't be a good sitting room TV but if it's good then I'll go for it!

I see there is an offer when paying In sterling. I'm guessing I can pay in sterling to my Irish address?
    And also do you guys take away old TV 's?

I have the older sitting room TV that I need to get rid off. It's a flat screen so not like the old 100kg TVs!!

Hi Honda Boi.

No problem
    I was reading that this model is a va panel and CA panel are apparently not good at viewing angles , which I'm assuming wouldn't be a good sitting room TV but if it's good then I'll go for it!

I see there is an offer when paying In sterling. I'm guessing I can pay in sterling to my Irish address?
    And also do you guys take away old TV 's?

I have the older sitting room TV that I need to get rid off. It's a flat screen so not like the old 100kg TVs!!
    Hi Honda Boi.

The 58PUS8555 would be totally grand for a living room TV and we have sold many to customers for that purpose.

The 58PUS8555 is currently priced at £599 and we have FLASH50 code against it on our website dropping it to £549 plus £6.99 shipping.
    You can snap one up via the link below and put the code at check out. Click on "Have a Voucher code" and entre in the "FLASH50"
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204845-Philips-58PUS8555-58-inch-4K-Ultra-HD-HDR-Smart-LED-TV-Freeview-Play.aspx

We can also arrange for our courier to collect and dispose of your old TV.
    Once you have ordered the new one either drop me a PM here on boards or send us an email to our Sales@Richersounds.ie address.
    Let us know the size of the TV to be collected and we can add the request to your delivery.
    The courier might needed a lift wit the TV to his van and it must be sitting ready at your front door as unfortunately the driver can not enter your property or wait for it to be disconnected.

There is no issue in paying in sterling using an Irish address.
    We leave it that our customer are free to pay in which ever currency gets them the better deal :)

• Advertisement

Hi Honda Boi.

The 58PUS8555 would be totally grand for a living room TV and we have sold many to customers for that purpose.

The 58PUS8555 is currently priced at £599 and we have FLASH50 code against it on our website dropping it to £549 plus £6.99 shipping.
    You can snap one up via the link below and put the code at check out. Click on "Have a Voucher code" and entre in the "FLASH50"
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204845-Philips-58PUS8555-58-inch-4K-Ultra-HD-HDR-Smart-LED-TV-Freeview-Play.aspx

Once you have ordered the new one either drop me a PM here on boards or send us an email to our Sales@Richersounds.ie address.
    Let us know the size of the TV to be collected and we can add the request to your delivery.
    The courier might needed a lift wit the TV to his van and it must be sitting ready at your front door as unfortunately the driver can not enter your property or wait for it to be disconnected.

We leave it that our customer are free to pay in which ever currency gets them the better deal :)

Thanks Kenny, just ordered that TV now! :D
    I'll fire ya a pm now about the old TV.

Hi Honda Boi.

Hi Honda Boi.

Sorry for the delay I had been off yesterday.

I will get the collection added to your order this morning.

Hi Honda Boi.

Hi Honda Boi.

Thanks Kenny.
    Can't wait to see all the hype of this ambient lighting :D

Hi Honda Boi.

Hi Honda Boi.

Thanks Kenny.
    Can't wait to see all the hype of this ambient lighting :D
    Hey Honda Boi.

Hopefully you will be impressed when you are up and running :)

Thanks again for the business, we really do appreciate it.

Fair to play to all at richer sounds.

Ordered TV near midnight on Tuesday( 23/06/21).
    Knock on the door this morning (25/06/21) with a fella with my TV :D. No idea he was coming today.

Haven't had a chance to open or set it up but that is great service there.

• Advertisement

Fair to play to all at richer sounds.

Ordered TV near midnight on Tuesday( 23/06/21).
    Knock on the door this morning (25/06/21) with a fella with my TV :D. No idea he was coming today.

Haven't had a chance to open or set it up but that is great service there.
    Hey Honda Boi.

Excellent that it has arrived and sorry the courier was not in touch before they called with it (I'll look into this at my end).

You'll be able to spend you weekend setting up and enjoying some movies or football :)

If you have any issues please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.