Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan marker lamp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Buy the whole unit, there will be no saving in just buying the top part. If it's the same as the one you have you don't need to take it off otherwise you have everything you need to finish the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Buy the whole unit, there will be no saving in just buying the top part. If it's the same as the one you have you don't need to take it off otherwise you have everything you need to finish the job

Thats what I was thinking but I am finding it hard to see which is the whole unit and which is lens only..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Looks to me as if you've lost the bulb-holder too - it's usually a piece of thin, convoluted metal and (I think) would have been hanging from the slot at the top where the brown wire's spade connector is positioned in the picture.

Usually these lights have a code etched/moulded somewhere on the lens that you can use to get a replacement (original or equivalent). If you don't have the damaged one, have a look at the good one on the other side.

I had to replace one of mine a few years ago (artic driver clipped it with his mirror while I was parked [he was too close, I was within the marked bay]) and it came as a complete unit - base + lens, no bulb. Much easier to fit a whole new one, as the base can be damaged in ways that aren't immediately obvious.

Advertisement