Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Conversion

• 20-06-2021 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

We have a bungalow where the attic has already been converted into storage space. 77sq metres. Three beds and a bathroom. (The stairs complies with regs if it is converted to habitable space)

In order to covert it to habitable space we need to get planning.

What would be the best way to make it a habitable space and increase the ceeling height? Install dormer windows to the rear?
    Can anyone give me an estimate on the cost of a project like this?

Thanks,

Niall

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Niall1983 wrote: »
    Hi,

We have a bungalow where the attic has already been converted into storage space. 77sq metres. Three beds and a bathroom. (The stairs complies with regs if it is converted to habitable space)

What would be the best way to make it a habitable space and increase the ceeling height? Install dormer windows to the rear?

Thanks,

Niall

Dormers won’t increase head space, they increase the area of useable space.
    Need to look at it in the flesh to see if it can comply with the 2.4m over 50% of the room area at 1.5m equation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Niall1983 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,

Niall

I tried to do this, have a bungalow and done a temporary job on the attic to hold stuff. Then thought it would be excellent idea to convert and use as a playroom

Had a crowd out, said you could increase the height but it would cost a fortune and would be cheaper to scale out than up

Advertisement