Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando in February

Options
  • 21-06-2021 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I know nobody knows if and when America will open for travel but what is Orlando like weather wise in Feb? Would March be a better time to go? going with three kids under 12 and dont want to go when it will be too hot and humid. Have been told that March would be perfect but Late Feb would tie into mid term break

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

duffysfarm wrote: »
    I know nobody knows if and when America will open for travel but what is Orlando like weather wise in Feb? Would March be a better time to go? going with three kids under 12 and dont want to go when it will be too hot and humid. Have been told that March would be perfect but Late Feb would tie into mid term break

We've booked for mid term break here, some great flight and hotel deals around, much cheaper than warm parts of Europe then (Canaries etc) - mid 20s temps I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yeah weather at that time of the year is grand, at any time of the year there you may get sudden thunder showers but they can end as quick as they start , but very heavy while they are occuring.

Just keep an eye on amercian " Spring Break" and avoid that time its usually in March so Feb should be fine.

For kids in that age bracket - Universal is where ye will get the greatest enjoyment , and plan a full day in each park. But most people want to see disney too and thats great also . Kennedy space centre well worth the effort also , bus trips leave from alot of locations each day , very reasonable and well worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I’m presuming central Florida yeah? If so it’s nice then, very little rain and a “bad day” would still be nicer than the weather we had this past weekend. If it were me I’d hold out until March if possible, to guarantee slightly warmer weather but if Feb is the only option then it’s still going to be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

do you mind telling me a bit more about what you have booked? prices and where you are staying? you can DM me if you dont want posting here.
    We've booked for mid term break here, some great flight and hotel deals around, much cheaper than warm parts of Europe then (Canaries etc) - mid 20s temps I believe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

do you mind telling me a bit more about what you have booked? prices and where you are staying? you can DM me if you dont want posting here.

No worries, we booked a package with Cassidy Travel, worked out at €565pp for the 4 of us, you choose the flight and hotel you want and that dictates the price.

https://www.cassidytravel.ie/american-holidays/orlando/

Type in your dates and it will give you options. We got a hotel on international drive that like most of hem have free transfers to Disney and Universal etc.

Airlines wanted more than we paid pp filer flights to the Canaries but with 2 kids it was a no brainer (theme park tickets not cheap but its an experience).

We're assuming all will be OK travel wise but we paid a small extra to pay a €50pp deposit (nonrefundable) with the balance due in November- buy then any threats of not being able to go should be clearer.

Will buy travel insurance when we pay the balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

thanks for that. that's an excellent price

No worries, we booked a package with Cassidy Travel, worked out at €565pp for the 4 of us, you choose the flight and hotel you want and that dictates the price.

https://www.cassidytravel.ie/american-holidays/orlando/

Type in your dates and it will give you options. We got a hotel on international drive that like most of hem have free transfers to Disney and Universal etc.

Airlines wanted more than we paid pp filer flights to the Canaries but with 2 kids it was a no brainer (theme park tickets not cheap but its an experience).

We're assuming all will be OK travel wise but we paid a small extra to pay a €50pp deposit (nonrefundable) with the balance due in November- buy then any threats of not being able to go should be clearer.

Will buy travel insurance when we pay the balance.

Advertisement