Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone to take decent pics

• 21-06-2021 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking for a phone to take decent photos or even a one click camera without having to adjust the settings. Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have a Samsung J6 plus that I got back in ‘19

Camera on it is savage quality, best quality photos of any phone I’ve had..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Tork

What's yer budget and what do you want to take photos of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Ive a Samsung S10, Good camera , herself has the S20 which has an even better camera

neither of us are impressed with these models otherwise , terrible battery being the biggest culprit , much preferred the previous phone I had which was a Huawei

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Look up "point and shoot camera". There are some decent ones around.

I bought a Sony CyberShot DSC-W800 a few months ago for my 70 year old aunt who needed a no nonsense camera to take pics of here grandkids. Was 95 EUR and quality is surprisingly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Watch some reviews and comparison videos on youtube.

That said I think Pixel is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Any Samsung Galaxy phone I've had has impressed me with the camera.
    I started on S1 , now I'm om S10

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

My friend was showing me some pictures he took on his xiaomi phone recently and they were phenomenal. And the phones are relatively cheap as well. I'll be checking them out when it's time to change my own one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Another +1 for Samsung. Been impressed by the photos take by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Can't go wrong with a Pixel for point and shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭dougm1970

i'm happy with my two yr old hauwei p30 pro.....photos are great*, great bokeh, astonishing night photos, 10x (what they call lossless) zoom...up to 50x digital.
    and its by far the best battery phone i ever had.

* i did, like many others, have issues with brownish / greenish tint to photos, but this got better over time with the software updates...to where its great to my eyes now.

oh....and the p30 pro comes with google services, play store etc

• Advertisement

I don't know how many different phones the people recommending Samsungs have had, but they generally don't have great image processing. I've had a good few Samsungs, but my Pixels and even my old HTC's take better point and shoot pictures.

I'd recommend going for a Pixel, even the cheaper ones take nicer point and shoot photos than a lot of more expensive phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i'm happy with my two yr old hauwei p30 pro.....photos are great*, great bokeh, astonishing night photos, 10x (what they call lossless) zoom...up to 50x digital.
    and its by far the best battery phone i ever had.

* i did, like many others, have issues with brownish / greenish tint to photos, but this got better over time with the software updates...to where its great to my eyes now.

oh....and the p30 pro comes with google services, play store etc

+1 for Huawei phones. I still have my Mate 20 pro from 2018, camera is unreal. Very crisp images, HDR mode is scarily accurate.

pixel

even the basic 3a which can be had for cheap second-hand

Advertisement