Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in City Centre

Options
  • 21-06-2021 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good dentist based in the city centre, not the suburbs.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hi,

Thanks

Cork City Dental, Lavitt's Quay.
    I've always found them excellent. Surgery in Blackpool, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Hi,

Thanks

Brian Hickey Georges Quay, never left me down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

McHugh dental surgery on the Grand parade. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Charlie Haly, Mary st.
    https://www.halydentalcare.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Frank Whelton, top of Pana. Went to him for a 2nd opinion a few years back and he saved me a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Hi,

Thanks

Haven't been since before Covid-But Fenns dental on fenns quay is the best in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

Any recommendations for a patient who is ****less and hasn't been for years because of that?
    More concerned about the lecture than the treatment to be honest, city or suburbs would be fine. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

eastie17 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a patient who is ****less and hasn't been for years because of that?
    More concerned about the lecture than the treatment to be honest, city or suburbs would be fine. Thanks

Sean in the Lough Dental practice is the man for you. Very calm and reassuring. Also procedures have advanced alot in the last few years if that is of any comfort to you.

mike_cork wrote: »
    Haven't been since before Covid-But Fenns dental on fenns quay is the best in the city.

How do you make that out?
    You've been to every dentist in the city?

I'd highly recommend Cork City Dental that I recommend earlier.
    I only go to the dentist when I have a problem.
    These guys are great, no lecturing, no preaching.
    Very gentle and reassuring and won't do too much work in one sitting.
    They really are all about making people comfortable and unafraid to return.

I have lost my fear.

Only last week I got a filling replaced in Blackpool. It fell out about a year ago but he didn't care to admonish me for not coming sooner. He just popped a new one in and charged me €60 and gently encouraged me to return for a free scale and polish!
    Great service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

How do you make that out?
    You've been to every dentist in the city?

Was only having a joke-For me though they were excellent especially for someone who has had some negative experiences in the past with other dentists and is pretty afraid of going at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I'd highly recommend Cork City Dental that I recommend earlier.
    I only go to the dentist when I have a problem.
    These guys are great, no lecturing, no preaching.
    Very gentle and reassuring and won't do too much work in one sitting.
    They really are all about making people comfortable and unafraid to return.

I have lost my fear.

Only last week I got a filling replaced in Blackpool. It fell out about a year ago but he didn't care to admonish me for not coming sooner. He just popped a new one in and charged me €60 and gently encouraged me to return for a free scale and polish!
    Great service

Ken?

jackrussel wrote: »
    Ken?

It's mostly Ken I get but I'm happy with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

In fairness I don’t think any of them are like that nowadays, their all too aware of the fear a lot of people have. Make sure though that who ever you go to, you explain your anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Sean in the Lough Dental practice is the man for you. Very calm and reassuring. Also procedures have advanced alot in the last few years if that is of any comfort to you.

I second Sean. Lovely fella and no lectures or anything like that. Just calm and common sense advice as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dr Wall, barrack St. He's not particularly good but its some experience going there!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bellie1

Yeah the Lough is excellent. O trust him too, won't do work unless it's essential..haven't had a filling since went to him, whereas previous dentists would have been replacing at least one a year. My partner went to him, not having seen a dentist in donkeys and no comment was made.. Also have never been kept waiting there, he's always bang on time, reckon because properly spacing out appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Monahan Dental Practice, 12 Popes Quay

Advertisement