Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First olympic transgender athlete to compete at Tokyo 2020 **MOD NOTE IN OP**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭buried

She'll win f**k all. WOKES can't compete with the age old Olympic tradition of hardcore performance enhancing DRUGS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What happens when a male to female boxer who transitioned at age 28 fights a cis gender woman?

I look forward to watching the fallout immensely...

A 6ft 2 rangy middle weight guy, now identifies as a female .... enters the ring to fight an... ‘actual female’... 5’ 10... same weight division...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Women's sport will be eradicated soon enough as this continues. Clearly its now equality and inclusion to exclude biological women and replace them with trans women.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread does not belong in After Hours, moved to CA

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

What a heroine. :rolleyes:

In previous competitions, Hubbard (offspring of a millionaire) displaced athletes from disadvantaged backgrounds.

• Advertisement

pfft ..The former Eastern bloc countries were blazing this trail decades ago.

The East German athletes were female at least albeit trying to emulate male traits.

What happens when a male to female boxer who transitioned at age 28 fights a cis gender woman?

Ye support it or else you're a transphobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I feel very sorry for the woman who missed out on a place at the Olympics because of this.

Who has probably trained for years and will now miss out. Seems very unfair to me.

I feel very sorry for the woman who missed out on a place at the Olympics because of this.

Who has probably trained for years and will now miss out. Seems very unfair to me.

And it seems on this topic, sport is conveniently either important or unimportant depending on what’s being argued. It’s important when a transgender person wants to feel included. But when it’s mentioned that a woman has to be displaced to make that happen, suddenly the attitude is “Sure, it’s just sport. Who cares?”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It won't go down well in Japan. Especially with there only being local fans at events.

Pundits will be on eggshells. Anyone that criticizes it will be culled.

• Advertisement

It won't go down well in Japan. Especially with there only being local fans at events.

Pundits will be on eggshells. Anyone that criticizes it will be culled.

Pundits and commentators should study how the East German athletes of the ‘70s and ‘80s were spoken about.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Feisar wrote: »
    How can someone stand on a podium and accept a medal like this? It’s not a victory, it’s a joke.

That sounds like far right bigotry talk to me.

A pride mobile has been despatched to your house - re education awaits you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

South Park had this exact plot a few years ago.

Heather Swanson (a parody of Randy "The Macho Man" Savage from WWF) parachuted himself into women's decathlon competition and destroyed the competitors.

Due to political correctness, the women had to express their support for Heather's inclusion.

The whole situation is absurd. A top-class male is stronger and faster than a top-class female.

And the woman that gets silver, robbed of a gold ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If this was something like archery, where the discipline is more weighted towards skill then I don't think anyone would have an issue with it.

But weightlifting? Seriously?

It may not seem like it but strength is a very big part of archery.

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    South Park had this exact plot a few years ago.

Heather Swanson (a parody of Randy "The Macho Man" Savage from WWF) parachuted himself into women's decathlon competition and destroyed the competitors.

Due to political correctness, the women had to express their support for Heather's inclusion.

The whole situation is absurd. A top-class male is stronger and faster than a top-class female.

Well, that’s the thing. Hubbard isn’t exactly top class. And has qualified at far older an age than anyone else in the history of the event. I believe the previous oldest was 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully they win 25 medals and end this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well, that’s the thing. Hubbard isn’t exactly top class. And has qualified at far older an age than anyone else in the history of the event. I believe the previous oldest was 35.

And how did Hubbard achieve this extraordinary feat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

YFlyer wrote: »
    As a man.

Yes and she's a woman. So she is the first transgender Olympic athlete.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they win 25 medals and end this.

They will win one bronze medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

An absolute joke of a decision! :mad:

An absolute travesty to 'real' female athletes who have worked very hard

to garner their place at the games!

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Yes and she's a woman.
    Transwoman.

That guy is misgendering. Misgendering is disgusting. This is really a case of don't blame the player blame the game so if the Olympics allow transgender athletes then it's not a case of this lifter taking someones spot it's simply her spot.
    If the Olympics ban transgender athletes the repercussions are large. However it should simply be a matter of making the athletes pass a level of male hormones that is less than double the largest of non transgender athletes. Currently the levels of test allowed is many multiples of this.

And how did Hubbard achieve this extraordinary feat?

Oh, you know, hard work. :rolleyes: All the other competitors just need to train harder, ya know?

Lurleen wrote: »
    Transwoman.

I don't understand your point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Feisar wrote: »
    It’s gold they’ll be winning alright, from the mental gymnastics

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If there was a mental gymnastics event I'd say boards.ie would fill a team of medal certainties! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe they should just let everyone compete in one big inclusive group? Do away with gender and weight classes.

So there’s a woman sitting at home in New Zealand, heartbroken probably, as she has spent years training hard for that ultimate goal that all athletes strive for. The opportunity to compete in the Olympics. But that final spot on the NZ team was taken from her not because of her ability but because a transgender woman with a completely different biological makeup took that dream away from her.

Move over women, there’s a section of society that’s better than you. So shut up and know your place.

****ing stinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Caitlyn Jenner is stunning and brave

Advertisement