Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to run 2 Microsoft Outlook email accounts on same computer

Options
  • 21-06-2021 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I am having huge problems with my Microsoft Outlook 365 email.

I need to run 2 email accounts, but I can only log into the last one I used. If I sign out of either account I can only get back into that same account, and I am not offered any chance any login into my other one.

The dialog box offering me a choice of logins is not appearing. Instead, I am only logged into the last account I used.

Is there any way out of this? All advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

Which browser?, if you use a mail client you shouldn't have an issue.
    I use a password manager (Bitwarden) rather than the one built into the browser but have you checked under "Never saved" in
    chrome://settings/passwords if thats what you use to see if the outlook URL is there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

The problem is happening on Chrome, but I have temporarily gotten round it by downloading Firefox and accessing my other mail account there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Do you try removing the password from chrome. That way it will force you to log in again and you can see if there is a keep me logged in check box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

The problem is happening on Chrome, but I have temporarily gotten round it by downloading Firefox and accessing my other mail account there.

you can have multiple profiles on Chrome - might be a workaround (I don't have a second O365 account to test).

EDIT - though I do notice that if I click on my profile photo in Outlook Web I get the option to "open another mailbox"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Use Chrome Profiles.
    Works brilliantly, very easy to set up

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/2/22309154/google-chrome-reading-list-new-profile-bookmarks-colors-features

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Use an incognito tab in Chrome for the 2nd account.

Incognito tabs don't retain cache or cookies after tab is closed, a standard tab will retain the cookie for the last used account...even after it's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Doesn't outlook 365 allow you to download the outlook app? This allows you to handle multiple accounts from the one interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Thanks for those tips folks.

I will try them out.

Advertisement