Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to the US during COVID-19

Options
  • 18-06-2021 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Is it possible to travel to the US after July 19th or even before it for non essential travel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SweetSand

Yes if you are US citizen, green card holder or other exemption from Trump’s proclamation extended by Biden. US has nothing to do with 19th of July, that’s just EU’s COVID digital passport matter. But it’s another month until then so everything is possible. The way it is worded right now is to allow people traveling from US and who are fully vaccinated to bypass quarantine nothing to do with going to US.

From dfa.ie: As of now, however, until 19 July, persons arriving to Ireland from the US are required to quarantine at home (i.e. in a residence of their own choosing) for 14 days, which may be reduced if a second RT-PCR test is taken at least day 5 days after arrival and a negative/’not detected’ result is received.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paddy Mc Ginn

I had promised my 14 year old son and his 16 year old friend that they could go to Chicago in July to work for my brother for 4 weeks. Please could you advise if this is possible under covid restrictions? Any answers would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Also, Chicago is currently slipping into war zone levels of gun violence if the reports are to be believed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Contact the embassy. Your son and his friend will need work visa if they are going to work in America.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I had promised my 14 year old son and his 16 year old friend that they could go to Chicago in July to work for my brother for 4 weeks. Please could you advise if this is possible under covid restrictions? Any answers would be much appreciated.

Them boys would need working visas, You really don't need to get your brother in any trouble by taking them on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Also, Chicago is currently slipping into war zone levels of gun violence if the reports are to be believed!
    Perhaps the southside is a war zone. But not all the Chicago metro. For example, the northside is pretty good. Especially in the Evanston suburb. Essentially a Northwestern University town. Then again, I would not ride the L at night in central Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

cena wrote: »
    Them boys would need working visas, You really don't need to get your brother in any trouble by taking them on

At 14 years of age? No chance of a work visa.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

U.S. Visa and Travel FAQs for non-U.S. citizens during COVID-19. Last updated: June 22nd, 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

What's the story if you caught covid over there? Would insurance pay for hospital if you're travelling. I presume not?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

JeffKenna wrote: »
    What's the story if you caught covid over there? Would insurance pay for hospital if you're travelling. I presume not?

When the DFA advises against all but essential travel to a specific country, your travel insurance will give you no cover if you go there. With or without Covid, it's an exclusion clause in virtually every travel policy.

At this stage, most travel policies probably exclude cover for hospitalisation for a Covid-related illness. Basically, it's travel at your own risk.

Advertisement