Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2021 All Ireland SFC Pools

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

draw

draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Week 6

Results

Tyrone by 1

Dublin by 8

Fair to say that the Ulster decider was a tougher call than the annual procession in Leinster, but most posters still opted for Tyrone who just about did the business, while the Dubs eased to another Delaney Cup with the minimum of fuss.

Mainly 5's this week and again, the board hasn't changed massively. It's looking like this one could come down to pre championship predictions. Sands81 remains top, now tied with BonnieSituation who top scored alongside RMAOK as the only two who got full points.

Two tasty semi finals coming up and, while a lot of people were predicting a Dublin/Kerry final all along, the margins should be pretty tight in both games. While still obviously a formidable force, it's sort of hard to know where Dublin are this year, but they still have the know how to see off any team in the country if they find their groove on the day. Mayo haven't found out an awful pile about themselves this year, walking through Division 2 and sailing through Connacht, apart from a short spell against Galway. Tyrone will be teak tough after their Ulster campaign, although whether they can deal with Kerry's sheer slickness remains to be seen.

As usual, please check your scores and let me know if I got anything wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I feel my bias against Kerry is going to be my downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Mayo by 2

Tyrone by 1

Dublin by 3

Kerry by 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Mayo by 1

Kerry by 5

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Dublin by 5

Kerry by 6

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Sands81

Dublin by 4

Kerry by 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dublin by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

Dublin by 3

Kerry by 8

• Advertisement

Dublin by 3

Kerry by 8 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Mayo by 4

Kerry by 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Mayo by 3

Mayo by 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Kerry by 4

Kerry by 5

Kerry by 1

Mayo by 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mayo by 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Tyrone by 2

• Advertisement

Week 7

Results

Dublin and Mayo drew

Kerry and Tyrone drew

Did you see two draws coming? Unless your boards.ie username is DJIMI TRARORE, the answer is No. Top scorer with 6 points from a possible 6 this week. Most of the rest of us fared much worse, with a lot of zeroes around, however the big mover is BonnieSituation who goes 2 points clear at the top after coming within a point of both scores.

At the start of the Championship, most of us had predicted a Kerry/Dublin final, obviously that's out the window now, but the closeness of the predictions means this is going to be very tight in the end.

Please check your score and if you see a mistake, send me a PM.

Saturday, 11th September

All-Ireland SFC Final

Mayo v Tyrone, Croke Park, 5pm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Tyrone by 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭avud

Mayo by 5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mayo by 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Might as well go for another draw

Mayo by 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Mayo by 5

Mayo by 2

• Advertisement

Mayo by 10.

Draw

Tyrone by 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Mayo by 1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Draw

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭laoisman11

Mayo by 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Sands81

Mayo by 5

Mayo by 1

Week 8

Result

Tyrone by 5

Pretty much no change in the table with the result of the final as dr.kenneth noisewater and Hammer Archer were the only 2 posters to predict a win for Tyrone. Still very tight at the top, so it will be the predictions for provincial champions as well as All-Ireland winner and runner-up which will decide there the title goes.

2 points will be awarded for each provincial champion correctly predicted (everyone got at least 4 as every single poster correctly had Dublin for Leinster and Kerry for Munster). 2 points will also be awarded to you if you correctly had Tyrone to win the final or Mayo to be runner-up.

I'll post the final table soonly.

*Ta to Hammer Archer for spotting my mistake

Post edited by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on

Squeaky bum time

Think RMAOK also chose Tyrone to win. Their prediction was prior to you posting the results of the semi finals so it was probably missed. PTH2009 and dr. serious also made predictions but both went for Mayo.

• Advertisement

Final Table

The winner of the 2021 All-Ireland SFC Pools is BonnieSituation! The League and Championship double for 2021!

It came right down to the death, but Bonnie's correct predictions of provincial winner in Connacht, Leinster and Munster, plus Mayo to be runners-up, were what got them over the line in the end.

Joint top scorers on the predictions were Gael 85 and myself with 10 points each (unfortunately I didn't get much else right this year) 26 of 31 posters predicted a Dublin v Kerry final, while we all correct in predicting them both to win their provincial crowns. In Connacht, all but 4 of us predicted Mayo to retain their title, while Ulster was a mixed bag as you'd expect.

As regular posters will probably have noticed, I'm gone laggy with getting tables posted, I've been quite busy lately, so if anyone of you fine people wants to take the pools off my hands for the league, feel free! If there are no offers, I'm happy to continue doing it (I actually quite enjoy it), I'm just aware that it's annoying waiting for the tables to get posted.

Well done again BonnieSituation and thanks to everyone for playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

fair play dr ken, i actually forgot to put in my prediction for the final but i prob would have went draw or mayo if i remwmbered

Thanks again Dr Kenneth Noisewater for doing this, always very enjoyable and a good bit of craic.

Thanks Doc for sorting this out. It is after all a bit of craic and definitely one of the highlights for me during the GAA season!

Roll on January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Thanks Dr. Ken for running the pools.

Congrats to BonnieSituation on the win.

I can try take it over again next year, Ken. I doubt I'll be as on the ball with the tables as you were but I'll hopefully have the time again to do it each week. Certainly helps when PTH2009 posts the fixtures each week!

Advertisement