Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel bank draft?

Options
  • 22-06-2021 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a bank of Ireland bank draft to pay a trades person, however it turned out that I didn't need to pay them as the work was covered under warranty and repaired by another trades person. I am now left with a Bank draft for someone that never did work for me or I need to pay.

I still have the bank draft and was wondering if it's possible to return this bank draft to the bank and have my money refunded ? I used funds direct from  my own bank account to pay for the bank draft.

Let me know Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

simply bring it into the branch along with ID and it will be cancelled and refunded.

Its still treated like a cheque, so even the refund can take 5 days to clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi,

I got a bank of Ireland bank draft to pay a trades person, however it turned out that I didn't need to pay them as the work was covered under warranty and repaired by another trades person. I am now left with a Bank draft for someone that never did work for me or I need to pay.

I still have the bank draft and was wondering if it's possible to return this bank draft to the bank and have my money refunded ? I used funds direct from  my own bank account to pay for the bank draft.

Let me know Thanks
    Hi Comment_below,

Thanks for checking this with us today.

You can certainly cancel this draft if you bring this in to your local BOI branch.

One of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement