Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train commute from Sallins to Dublin - help needed

• 22-06-2021 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, Im a Dub and will be moving to Allenwood soon. I work in Grand Canal Dock so hope to get the train from Sallins to Pearse most mornings.
    Due to Covid and Working from home etc is there still a huge demand for the early trains to the city in the morning? Would you get a seat etc?
    I will also be driving from Allenwood each morning and would need to park, I believe there is a new carpark at the train station - would there be spaces at say 7am/7.30 ish each morning? Is the parking expensive?

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Parking is approx 30 a month if you buy the months parking via the app. There should be spaces in the just outside the station at the times you mentioned but it will be filling up around then during normal times. Not now. Speaking from experience in Newbridge, its dead now. Parking and seats will be no issue at the moment. In normal times you should get a seat too tbh.

I would go down the tax saver route if I was you. Taxsaver usually do a parking deal in january and its a years parking and it works out about the price for 9 or 10 months. So worth your while.

Good luck with the move

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zagro1

I never used tax saver but Apcoa app works fine on my mobile. One month is €30, full year €360. €1/day comparing to €4/hour in Dublin city centre is great deal. I do not travel regulary now so I use leap card to buy train and bus tickets. Train is only €3.90 to Dublin I think
    Not many cars in the car park last year. Not sure now, may be busy again but if you come in at 7am should be ok
    I used the train 2 weeks ago and there was plenty of space and the car park was half empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I availed of the Taxsaver annual parking offer in 2020. Used for it for 2 and a half months and then Covid-19 hit. Asked Apcoa would they consider partial refund. No response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Poor form. Fair play for chancing your arm.

I'd say they lost money hand over fist. Car Park is a ghost town in relative terms these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Sorry to bump an old thread - Does anyone know how busy the trains are in the early mornings now that most people are settled into a routine post covid?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm taking a train daily from Maynooth and it's packed again.

Advertisement