Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA refuse to sanction illuminating Munich Stadium in rainbow colours

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Yes, kink belongs at Pride. And I want my kids to see it.

Articles like this certainly don't help the "it's just about equality" argument. When mindsets like this exist in your movement, can you really blame the likes of Hungary for being cautious?

Back up a bit there - no one in Uefa or Germany is talking about kink.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Articles like this certainly don't help the "it's just about equality" argument. When mindsets like this exist in your movement, can you really blame the likes of Hungary for being cautious?

This is more seeming like an effort on your part to justify homophobic laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Back up a bit there - no one in Uefa or Germany is talking about kink.

I never said anything as such. Hungary's policy is what sparked all of this, hence the mention of Hungary. I think you know that though, you're just deflecting.
    This is more seeming like an effort on your part to justify homophobic laws.

Nope. Many people keep arguing that it's about equality alone, and has little do to with politics. I'm simply highlighting that it's not simple just a matter of equality, and that people have just reason to be cautious about teaching LGBT based stuff to children.

Very interesting though, that none of the responders see any issue with the article posted, even though this stuff is on the border of paedophilia. This was considered a reasonable article by both the writer and the editor, and the fact that you find more issue with my intent than the article itself, says such much.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

I never said anything as such. Hungary's policy is what sparked all of this, hence the mention of Hungary. I think you know that though, you're just deflecting.

Nope. Many people keep arguing that it's about equality alone, and has little do to with politics. I'm simply highlighting that it's not simple just a matter of equality, and that people have just reason to be cautious about teaching LGBT based stuff to children.

Very interesting though, that none of the responders see any issue with the article posted, even though this stuff is on the border of paedophilia. This was considered a reasonable article by both the writer and the editor, and the fact that you find more issue with my intent than the article itself, says such much.

I've read the article and can you point me to where it bordered on pro paedophilia? The author who is voicing their opinion argues that it illustrates how diverse the LGBT community is and they view it as good for children to know that the community is accepting etc. But it's far from horrifying as an article. I've been to pride in Dublin. I'm sure kink was present but it honestly didn't even register.

On top of that, Hungary and Russia just wanted to hide homosexuality and create a culture of intolerance around the LGBT community. It's literally ****ing over an entire generation of youths with fear and paranoia created by the state. Nothing to do with protecting the youth and more likely to severely damage their mental health and wellbeing.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I've read the article and can you point me to where it bordered on pro paedophilia? The author who is voicing their opinion argues that it illustrates how diverse the LGBT community is and they view it as good for children to know that the community is accepting etc. But it's far from horrifying as an article. I've been to pride in Dublin. I'm sure kink was present but it honestly didn't even register.

On top of that, Hungary and Russia just wanted to hide homosexuality and create a culture of intolerance around the LGBT community. It's literally ****ing over an entire generation of youths with fear and paranoia created by the state. Nothing to do with protecting the youth and more likely to severely damage their mental health and wellbeing.

but but kink and leather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TBH all of this kicked off because of the Mayor of Munich's fury about the Hungarians. Now there is little positive about what Hungary does these days but that fight is not UEFA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We didn't read it because you just lonk-dumped the article with no reference or personal comment. Usual means YOU never read it either.

And kink is nothing to do with the issue. Straight people enjoy kink. Gay people enjoy kink. There. Equality.

Now if your argument is 'kids' then everyone will get into trouble if they involve kids, Gay or straight. Equlity again.

Its about showing support for equal.human rights for a marginalised minority group who are frequently attacked and denied said rights.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement