Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Robot Hoover

• 22-06-2021 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭

I couldn't see any recent trends on this, so apologies if there already is one.

Have people much experience with these? Do they work? In particular I hear that you can get ones now that even mop the floors. Any suggestions on decent ones for this? What sort of money are you looking at? I remember doing my research for the normal hoover and everyone recommended miele - are there brands to look out for / avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

blue note wrote: »
    I couldn't see any recent trends on this, so apologies if there already is one.

Have people much experience with these? Do they work? In particular I hear that you can get ones now that even mop the floors. Any suggestions on decent ones for this? What sort of money are you looking at? I remember doing my research for the normal hoover and everyone recommended miele - are there brands to look out for / avoid?

The combo ones are meant to be not great. Guess they are in the vhs tv combo stage with it... they dont go over saddle boards very easy either... I dont have one but was doing a bit of research on them as I was gonna buy one... carpet also is not a fav for them... rug np but carpet apparently is too rough and large. The ones I was looking at start off around 600 euro... cant remember the names but if ya want me to dig it out np. Some of them are 1500 euro and only slightly more powerful than one for 6-800 euro... the manufacturers seem to think a good app can up the price a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭blue note

I certainly don't want to go near the 1500e price anyway.

I was listening to a tech slot on the radio and they were saying that these robot vacuums are great. And that even the mopping function worked.

I'm looking at the roborock s5 max. The reviews seems to be excellent. That one mops as well as hoovers and I think on amazon it's about £450. There's a guy on adverts selling a new one for €385 too I think, but I'm not sure about that as if something goes wrong I've no shop to go back to.

But even for about €250, I believe one of the iroombas is supposed to be good.

But I'm just wondering if people on here actually had them and liked them or not, or if people have done this research already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've a Roomba 671 and its a great little device,works brilliantly upstairs with carpet and downstairs on wooden floors. I think it was less than €300, I might look into getting the mop version for downstairs and leave my original one upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Good info here, I'm thinking about one also, roborock s5 seems to be the recommendation overall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭blue note

I actually picked up the S5. And it's excellent. The mopping function won't get rid of stains, it's more of a quick wipe of the floors. But the hoovering is excellent.

It's not quite effort free, I tend to clear away stuff on the floor before setting it going. But it is very handy. And for us, we never hoovered. We were a disgrace. And we have a baby that will soon be crawling, so cleaning the floors became important!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Blue4u

I have the old Xiaomi 1st Generation which has been going strong for a number of years but the wheel has come off and a few others bits gone

Was going to replace with the Xiaomi 1c. They all seem to be combi now. I thought the 1c was the newer version of the S5?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Back Home

I'ts not hovering, it's vacuuming

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Blue4u

How much for the Roborock S5 Max? I think I paid about 300 quid for the Gen 1. The new 1c was coming in at 200 quid and for a while the 1g was 130 which was fantastic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

We have a 1c and it's great as long as your expectations are along the right lines. For us, it means we only vacuum manually once a week now to get under chairs etc instead of every day. I'd hate to be be without it again. The mopping is definitely more like wiping a wet cloth across the floor rather than a full mop. That's fine for us most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,371 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

We bought an Ecovacs Deebot 950 like this a couple of months ago and it's absolutely fantastic. Genuinely impressed by how well the carpets look afterwards!

https://www.amazon.de/ECOVACS-DEEBOT-OZMO-Reinigungst%C3%BCcher-intelligenter/dp/B08D9R15DC/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=deebot&qid=1633099373&sr=8-3

• Advertisement
Advertisement