Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obscured statement entries

Options
  • 22-06-2021 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

When I am looking at transactions using my mobile/web app, I can see the proper details for the transaction under "In progress", for example date, description and amount. The description might appear as something for example "ACMEORG".

But when the transaction is processed, and appears in the "Completed" category, the details are there but the description is obscured, and would only say something like "P180US119.95@...." - so the description I had previously, disappeared.

Why is this happening, and how can I see the "friendly" description again? Not having this makes reconciling bank accounts extremely difficult.

Edit: This occurs in my business banking

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

ikoonman wrote: »
    When I am looking at transactions using my mobile/web app, I can see the proper details for the transaction under "In progress", for example date, description and amount. The description might appear as something for example "ACMEORG".

But when the transaction is processed, and appears in the "Completed" category, the details are there but the description is obscured, and would only say something like "P180US119.95@...." - so the description I had previously, disappeared.

Why is this happening, and how can I see the "friendly" description again? Not having this makes reconciling bank accounts extremely difficult.

Edit: This occurs in my business banking

Thanks
    Good morning ikoonman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

When you make a payment in a foreign currency, the payment will show the name of the merchant while it is in progress(generally 3-5 working days). Once the payment is fully processed, we are obliged to show the exchange rate/currency at the time of your purchase. 

If you use 365 Online to manage your business account, you can request the name of the retailer by logging into the app, select services and then send us a message option. Alternatively, our Business Online team are available from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday on 1890818265. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Have a lovely day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement