Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concord Phonewatch - additional sensors

Options
  • 22-06-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

My mother has the old Phonewatch Concord system (2 aerials) with multiple sensors (monitored). Her contract is up with the current providers next month. She got the garage converted last year to a day room but we need to get additional sensors for windows and doors and get them added to the existing system.

To do this though, we would have to upgrade the whole system to these new smart systems if we stayed with the current company or even moved back to Phonewatch...reason being they only cover existing sensors and don't stock the old ones. My mother is happy to stay with existing and to be honest I don't see why we would need to get rid of the current system which works perfectly fine.

Does anyone know of or recommend someone or a company that would sell these old sensors?
    If not, what sensors would be compatible with this system, if any?

If it comes to having to upgrade the whole system (which is quite expensive as most companies only provide a small number of sensors), would anyone have recommendations for companies that would provide a new monitored system in the North East?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Todin wrote: »
    Hi,

My mother has the old Phonewatch Concord system (2 aerials) with multiple sensors (monitored). Her contract is up with the current providers next month. She got the garage converted last year to a day room but we need to get additional sensors for windows and doors and get them added to the existing system.

To do this though, we would have to upgrade the whole system to these new smart systems if we stayed with the current company or even moved back to Phonewatch...reason being they only cover existing sensors and don't stock the old ones. My mother is happy to stay with existing and to be honest I don't see why we would need to get rid of the current system which works perfectly fine.

Does anyone know of or recommend someone or a company that would sell these old sensors?
    If not, what sensors would be compatible with this system, if any?

If it comes to having to upgrade the whole system (which is quite expensive as most companies only provide a small number of sensors), would anyone have recommendations for companies that would provide a new monitored system in the North East?

Thanks in advance

The Concord uses 433 sensors which are available in most wholesalers.
    Has the company got the engineer code to add extra sensors to the alarm system?

Advertisement