Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money In The Bank 2021 (Contains Spoilers)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Cena, who cares. Still dressed like a ten year old. Hope Reigns destroys him

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some pop for his return tbf but not keen on him against Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I hadn't seen anything suggesting Cena would be there though it seems to have been doing the rounds so I was surprised to see him, huge pop for him from the crowd I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. I was hoping for Becky as the big return but wouldn't be surprised if she turned up tomorrow night or Friday night. Overall a pretty enjoyable PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Delighted Big E won MITB

Cena got a great reaction but he looks ridiculous dressing like that at his age. Let's hope this will be a great rivalry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Came for a Big E win, and was so happy he finally got it. Guy deserves a top level run.

Stayed for the absolutely monstrous Cena pop. One of the biggest I've ever seen. That's an awesome moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Don't know how you can have Ricochet in a MITB ladder match and not have him do several ridiculous high flying moves, but WWE left him only with one. It was ridiculous but when you have a guy who can do that, why the hell would you not do it a bunch.

Not a big fan of faces with the briefcase either, guess he goes after Lashley after the Kofi smashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Big E! Woohoo! Nikki! Woohoo! Charlotte! Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cena is on Raw tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's Cena's look. It would look weird if he dressed differently at this point, age or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I have no idea how to rate WWE ppvs anymore. On the face of it, the feedback about the actual show from last night looks pretty positive, probably helped by the big Cena return at the end, but the other 3 hours and 20 minutes just did not do very much for me at all. There's just so much filler, the ludicrously long entrances, the ads, the skits backstage, it felt like the show took an age to actually get from bell to bell.

Women's MITB - ** A mess. A long, sloppy boring mess. Minimal stunts, no connective tissue holding the match together, contrived setup after contrived setup which culminated in a really stupid looking finish.

Raw Tag Title match - *** the match layouts for Styles/Omos is still backwards and the feud was about as dumb as could be this side of Cbeebies.

Lashley/Kofi- Long squash. Given how drawn out the show felt maybe could've shaved some time off this but still it did what it had to. ***

Ripley/Charlotte- **3/4 These two has like negative chemistry. It heated up in the last couple of minutes but the near falls were poorly placed, the face/heel dynamic is all over the shop (neither of these people are likable) and parts of it were beyond sloppy. Charlotte getting the wins at Mania and here (first ppv with fans, a big memorable show) pretty much fits her MO.

Mens MITB- Lame comedy aside the match was pretty good. A couple of nice stunts and the correct winner but you could literally build a company off the back of the 8 guys in this match and this company does not even scratch the surface of getting anything of value from any of them. ***1/2

Reigns/Edge. ***1/4. Long. Long and boring for large parts. And then a late 90's ref bump and run ins too. First main event ppv back in front of fans.

I popped for the Cena appearance at least. Even though this should have been a significant event, it, like the last 2 WWE ppvs, felt like a placeholder or, worse, an inconvenience to get out of the way before Summerslam where they can book the real stars (Cena, Goldberg ect.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it's because of the lack of crowds before now but this PPV did go on longer than usual? About an hour longer than last year's

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I liked most of it tbh. Big E winning was the right result. Great match but poor KO, it's always him taking the huge bumps these days.

Thought Charlotte/Rhea did well to turn the chants from we want Becky to this is awesome. The Natural Selection of the top rope kinda felt like the finish though.

Reigns and Edge did ok. It wasn't a classic, far too much interference but mostly it worked.

I didn't mind the Women's MITB winner but the finish was stupid and there were a lot of duds in the match anyways - way too much of Natalya. Tamina can't sell for ****. Liv Morgan definitely looks like she might be the next breakout star, a decent feud with Zelina Vega might be a good move for both.

Cena returning caught me off guard and the pop was insane. Main thing to take away for me is that the fans being back is brilliant. I'll prob watch Raw tonight but tbh I'm more interested in Smackdown these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

As long as kids keep buying Cena's brightly-coloured shirts, he will keep coming out looking like a big bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Don't insult Fruity Pebbles please! Childhood re-visited...

Advertisement