Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options on living near Castletown Estate Celbridge - Woodview

• 22-06-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m currently looking at possibly buying in Celbridge. Took a walk yesterday at Castletown Estate and absolutely loved it as I seen a house near the grounds that I’m interested in. I want to know is there much anti social behaviour there between summer months and nights? I’m in my early 30s and did my fair share of living around Dublin so have definitely not lived the sheltered life.

My only concern is from living in Dublin all my life that parks usually mean bad news at night time. Is that the case for Castletown Estate? The house is very near the park so wondering if anyone would have any opinions on this?

I love that it’s walking distance to the village also and wondering how is it getting to the Hazelhatch train station either walking/cycling/driving? I tend to start work for 8 near Heuston area so wondering which public transport would be best for this?

Any tips or info about Celbridge would be deeply appreciated as I’m really starting to set my heart in Celbridge.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Castletown grounds and woods are pretty quiet at night time, you will get the odd group of teens in their drinking etc.. but I wouldn't call it an issue. I have ran around the parkland and woods behind the house hundreds of times in the dark and yet to see any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭x00065954

mloc123 wrote: »
    Castletown grounds and woods are pretty quiet at night time, you will get the odd group of teens in their drinking etc.. but I wouldn't call it an issue. I have ran around the parkland and woods behind the house hundreds of times in the dark and yet to see any problems.

Thank you for the reply. I have done my fair share of living around Dublin and near parks so it’s great to hear there isn’t such a problem at night with the park. My partner and I were amazed though on how clean the park was when we went for a stroll. 10/10 I must say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

x00065954 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’m currently looking at possibly buying in Celbridge. Took a walk yesterday at Castletown Estate and absolutely loved it as I seen a house near the grounds that I’m interested in. I want to know is there much anti social behaviour there between summer months and nights? I’m in my early 30s and did my fair share of living around Dublin so have definitely not lived the sheltered life.

My only concern is from living in Dublin all my life that parks usually mean bad news at night time. Is that the case for Castletown Estate? The house is very near the park so wondering if anyone would have any opinions on this?

I love that it’s walking distance to the village also and wondering how is it getting to the Hazelhatch train station either walking/cycling/driving? I tend to start work for 8 near Heuston area so wondering which public transport would be best for this?

Any tips or info about Celbridge would be deeply appreciated as I’m really starting to set my heart in Celbridge.

Thanks all

There's a feeder bus to the station, there are a few threads on here about it.
    I cycle generally to the station and drive if the weather is bad. The 67x bus would be quick enough to Heuston and goes down the Main St.
    There's good sports clubs in the area, depending on your interests.
    I've some good friends living in Castletown, and all are happy with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭x00065954

The Mulk wrote: »
    There's a feeder bus to the station, there are a few threads on here about it.
    I cycle generally to the station and drive if the weather is bad. The 67x bus would be quick enough to Heuston and goes down the Main St.
    There's good sports clubs in the area, depending on your interests.
    I've some good friends living in Castletown, and all are happy with the area.

That’s brilliant to hear about your friends that live in Castletown. Area seems very nice so this gives me a lot of positivity for it. You mentioned you either cycle or drive to Hazelhatch. Are they many car/bike park spaces at the station or does it get full pretty quickly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

x00065954 wrote: »
    That’s brilliant to hear about your friends that live in Castletown. Area seems very nice so this gives me a lot of positivity for it. You mentioned you either cycle or drive to Hazelhatch. Are they many car/bike park spaces at the station or does it get full pretty quickly?

Pre Covid I would arrive at the station for the 8:35 train to Connolly and there would still be parking spaces.
    There is plenty of cycling too as far as I remember.
    The bus routes are due to change, so I'm sure there will be better options over the next few years.
    https://www.irishrail.ie/Admin/IrishRail/media/Timetable-PDF-s/Heuston-timetables/16-Dublin-Portlaoise.pdf
    There's a 7:27 am train, serviced by the feeder bus, which will have you in Heuston at 7:44 am.(Page 8)
    Not a bad option if you can make it work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement