Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Gigabox.. Connected but no internet .. SOLVED (SPLIT SSID GONE?)

Options
  • 23-06-2021 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Early this morning - for the first time ever after 2,3 years our Voda/Siro Bband didnt work. Connecting to the gigabox router ( via cable, wifi ) OK but NO INTERNET.

Called voda, immediately on to support, no wait. Went through router reboots, reboot systems, phones .. same thing. Tech support guy into router, all looked well .. everything good his side and on our side BUT still connected but no internet.

Finally he suggested resetting the router via the recessed RESET button at the back next to the power button. TAA DAA, that sorted it, however had to reset the wifi password and all that.

This is what I mean by SOLVED .. BUT i did note this. Up to before this event I was able to split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands into two separate SSIDs via SPLIT SSID toggle icon in the General settings under WIFI. I note this time though that SPLIT SSID feature is no longer there ( attached file has image of this, the way it used to be with SPLIT SSID )

So I have to conclude that MAYBE this event occurred because of an auto firmware update to the gigabox? being that the split ssid feature is gone now vs was there before this event occurred earlier

Anyone else have issues like this? Is the Split SSID gone?

in my case - Current Firmware Version: XS_3.7.04.11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

On the split SSD issue - could it be that is an 'advanced' feature and your login is currently in basic mode? I believe there is a toggle to switch between the two modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭aidanodr

On the split SSD issue - could it be that is an 'advanced' feature and your login is currently in basic mode? I believe there is a toggle to switch between the two modes.

fraid not Mitch, already tried that. I set it to advanced all the time. In the firm ware version I now have SPLIT SSIDs toggle aint there no more

In advanced mode now is:

NOSPLIT.jpg

And thats another new thing, this SUPER WIFI message. Unless thats something to do with it

Both the split ssid item gone and this super wifi message are indicators to me that I have had a new firmware upgrade

Of course another conclusion is the Voda tech support guy updated the firmware while I was on

Advertisement