Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance renewal query

• 23-06-2021 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

I got the standard letter from my home insurance provider, with the standard increase tagged on (I’ve made no claims on the policy in the four years that I have it).

As usual, I go to the website for the same company and get the same cover, same excess and all else cheaper than paying the “renewal” price they give me each summer.

That entails starting a new policy with the same company. I have two questions. First, is there any negative consequence to this, as opposed to paying the higher price to renew, keeping the same policy number?

Second, this year I missed the renewal by two days. So, I had to backdate my new policy to 21 June but it’s not possible. Therefore, if I take this new, cheaper policy with precisely the same cover, I will have a break in cover for two days. Is there any consequence to this in the event of a claim? Grma/Thanks.

Advertisement