Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffin’s Bar, Ennistymon

Options
  • 23-06-2021 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

Have passed this pub for years but I’ve never been inside. It often features on those Pubs of Ireland calendars and I’d love to have a look inside/have a few pints. Heading to Ennistymon for a wedding in July (after the proposed indoor drinking/dining date) and just wondering if it’s still operating?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I haven't heard of it closing but a lot of pubs won't be reopening after lockdown for various reasons, I'd imagine won't know for sure until after the 5th, assuming that everything reopens then.

It's a great bar, used to always call in there for a few drinks after a match up that part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭French Toast

Have passed the door countless times and never been inside. The owner there is meant to be a character.

While on the topic, Ennistymon has a few great pubs. Murts, Cooley's and Eugene's all great spots.

🇵🇸

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Matthew Griffin (pronounced Matt Chew) is the owner and is a character ok.

Advertisement