Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info@ email address not delivering

Options
  • 23-06-2021 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I have a small business and have learned lately that many of my emails from an info@ type email address are being blocked by some firewalls. If I change this to an office@ type format, will this problem persist does anyone know (generally speaking, I know you can't answer for all firewalls out there)? Or does it need to be a firstname.surname?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

get onto your hosting company and ask them to investigate.

It may be connected to other emails sharing the same server that are sending out tons of spam.

Also see if its specific to certain emails such as @hotmail @live - both microsoft emails and frequently block emails from all domains on a server

Response is like this -

Reason: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [16X.2XX.X7.X9] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [DM6NAM10FT054.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Advertisement