Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 profile activation problem

Options
  • 23-06-2021 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

I'm trying to help my elderly parents with managing their credit card online through signing up to 365 but am having major problems.

Last month I signed up to use the BoI App and the registration appeared to have been successful - I got a message informing me that I have activated my profile and was all set to use online banking.  But whenever I try to login via the app, I am informed either that my login details are incorrect or I am not recognised. 

The situation now is that my parents didn't get their monthly credit card statement for June through the post, and they want to pay the bill by due date (1 July).  I suspect that the statement may be available online, but if it is I can't access it.  

I have spent the past hour waiting on your 0818 250 250 number, but haven't got through to anyone anywhere, and I don't even know whether that's the right number to call or whether I should be trying 0818 365 365.

Can you help me please?  The immediate requirement is to find out what the balance due for June is so we can pay it, but downstream, I'd like to activate the online facility.

Incidentally, the parents don't have any BoI account, all that they have is the BoI Credit Card.

Thanks,  Ger.

(Happy to PM you any further info that you may require to sort this out.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

I'm trying to help my elderly parents with managing their credit card online through signing up to 365 but am having major problems.

Last month I signed up to use the BoI App and the registration appeared to have been successful - I got a message informing me that I have activated my profile and was all set to use online banking.  But whenever I try to login via the app, I am informed either that my login details are incorrect or I am not recognised. 

The situation now is that my parents didn't get their monthly credit card statement for June through the post, and they want to pay the bill by due date (1 July).  I suspect that the statement may be available online, but if it is I can't access it.  

I have spent the past hour waiting on your 0818 250 250 number, but haven't got through to anyone anywhere, and I don't even know whether that's the right number to call or whether I should be trying 0818 365 365.

Can you help me please?  The immediate requirement is to find out what the balance due for June is so we can pay it, but downstream, I'd like to activate the online facility.

Incidentally, the parents don't have any BoI account, all that they have is the BoI Credit Card.

Thanks,  Ger.

(Happy to PM you any further info that you may require to sort this out.)
    Good afternoon Ger,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear you were having difficulty accessing your account. If the account appears to be temporarily blocked, please call our customer service team on 0818365365. One of my colleagues can certainly help.

In relation to your parents credit card, the primary card holder can have access to the account online. If they call the number above, my colleagues can get them set up on 365 Online banking. They can pay their credit card bill through the bank where they hold their current account. I will attach a link below with the information they need. 

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/can-pay-credit-card-account-long-will-payment-take-reach-account/

I hope this information helps! For security reasons, we do not have any account access here.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Thanks - will follow your advice and see what transpires.   

UPDATE:-

Problem now solved! Someone ......... and no-one is holding their hand up :P ..... had input the wrong date of birth for the account holder!

It took a long time, but eventually we got there! ;)

Advertisement