Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia fire warning shots at British Navy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No bombs dropped , shooting somewhere off in the distance
    Russia spoofing no suprise there

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

Gatling wrote: »
    America bad ,russia good yada yada yada

As bad as each other, the US has quite the criminal record itself..

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

America bad ,russia good yada yada yada

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Labaik wrote: »
    1 out of 2 ain't bad.

I remember when the bots actually believed in what they posted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

“The Royal Navy ship is conducting innocent passage through Ukrainian territorial waters in accordance with international law."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40320524.html

00.10 of the audio of the BBC reporter on board

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57589366

Someone needs to get their story straight....

Not mutually exclusive to make the point to Russia that innocent travel along shipping lanes from one country to the next will not be interfered with.

I mean, the Russians could do it as well. Just drive a military train on the agreed corridor through NATO territory to Kaliningrad. They tend to send the hardware by ship or air (also, I believe, through NATO waters and airspace) but the rail corridor does remain open for their use.

• Advertisement

There in good company. Have they found them WMD's yet in Baghdad?

No bombs dropped , shooting somewhere off in the distance

Looks like they set out for provocation...and just happened to have a BBC reporter on board,the crew look freaked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

Well when the world police is doing the same all around the world your not going to get a utopian universe where every country respects each others borders. One must look at there own wrong doings before they point the finger at others ;)

The only annexed territories in the last 30 years I know of were 3 annexed by Russia, if I am incorrect please do point them out to me.

,the crew look freaked

I'm sure the Russians were worse , imagine the horror lads there's professional sailors who's ship has more firepower than us over there and our leader wants us to die first .....

Sending 20 aircraft for one boat no a great deal of confidence in their own navy ,
    I'd imagine that they wouldn't hang around if a few f22 and f35s Rocked up to the party

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Looks like they set out for provocation...and just happened to have a BBC reporter on board,the crew look freaked

Novichok, Polonium 210 - that's what provocation looks like.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the Russians were worse , imagine the horror lads there's professional sailors who's ship has more firepower than us over there and our leader wants us to die first .....

Sending 20 aircraft for one boat no a great deal of confidence in their own navy ,
    I'd imagine that they wouldn't hang around if a few f22 and f35s Rocked up to the party

It would be over in half an hour for the UK....the whole country that is and probably us too

It would be over in half an hour for the UK....the whole country that is and probably us too

Doubt it ,the powers that be in Russia would remove Putin first ,and take the loss of a few aircraft and boats than giving it all for Putin

paul71 wrote: »
    The only annexed territories in the last 30 years I know of were 3 annexed by Russia, if I am incorrect please do point them out to me.

I dont condone Russian actions. Western intervention is the biggest cause of instability in the world in the last 30 years, the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, etc flooding Europe with millions of refugees and setting the middle east alight, what moral authority does the British or Americans have to call out Russia for there wrongdoings (on there own border)?

I dont condone Russian actions. Western intervention is the biggest cause of instability in the world in the last 30 years, the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan,

Afghanistan stable , western leaning country huge agriculture sector and then the Russians invaded and massacred it's government and proceeded to bomb the country into the stone age before having to retreat with their tails between their legs ,
    History is terrible for reminders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

lol, yeah sure it would. After they get their tugs to drag their decrepit navy half way across the world. A huge part of the Russian military are conscripts. In other words, cannon fodder.

As an earlier poster stated, half of the fear around confronting Russia, is down down to their absolute nutcase leader. He has no care for anyone, doesn’t care about feeding his minions to the wolves. If Russian troops get slaughtered, he won’t care about them, or shed a tear. it only his hard man image that will be bruised.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Afghanistan stable , western leaning country huge agriculture sector and then the Russians invaded and massacred it's government and proceeded to bomb the country into the stone age before having to retreat with their tails between their legs ,
    History is terrible for reminders

Is that when Bin Laden and the mujahideen went in with the backing of your beloved U.S. of A? How did that work out in the end?

lol, yeah sure it would. After they get their tugs to drag their decrepit navy half way across the world. A huge part of the Russian military are conscripts. In other words, cannon fodder.

As an earlier poster stated, half of the fear around confronting Russia, is down down to their absolute nutcase leader. He has no care for anyone, doesn’t care about feeding his minions to the wolves. If Russian troops get slaughtered, he won’t care about them, or shed a tear. it only his hard man image that will be bruised.

What wars has Putin send his troops into lately that they have died in there thousands. How many dead American or British service men in Iraq?

Literally it would...the UK is like a chihuahua picking a fight with a great Dane

What wars has Putin send his troops into lately that they have died in there thousands. How many dead American or British service men in Iraq?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_interventions_by_the_United_States

• Advertisement

Democracy bombs.

U.S.A. U.S.A!

Seems western propaganda is fairly effective...

Where did I say he has?

But to answer your question, you will find dead Russian troops in the wake of all their military escapades over the last few years, including the ‘tourist soldiers’ in Ukraine and Donbas. Not the mention the hundreds of ex soldiers/mercenaries of the Wagner group, slaughtered as they attempted a push on a US base in Syria.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

I dont condone Russian actions. Western intervention is the biggest cause of instability in the world in the last 30 years, the invasion of Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, etc flooding Europe with millions of refugees and setting the middle east alight, what moral authority does the British or Americans have to call out Russia for there wrongdoings (on there own border)?

All 3 of the countries you mentioned where horrible despotic regimes. While the presense of wmd in Iraq was a definate false flag Saddam was an utter nutcase, Gadaffi had Irish blood on his hands and Afganistan was a medievil torture chamber for women.

Are they good places today? No, but without at least the effort that was made they would be Syria.

The majority of refugees coming to Europe are not from these countries but from countries where intravention by the international community was not sufficient, Chad, Syria, Ethiopia, Myamar.

As a matter of preferance I would like to see the veto in the UN security council removed and a UN army established with a real strike power but that is not going to happen and short of that there remain 2 options.

1. Allow Kurds, Syrians, Eritreans and whoever else is next die in their millions.
    2. Place trust in democratic nations (flawed as democracy is) above dictatorships like Russia or China to least attempt to bring murderous governments to account.

Where did I say he has?

But to answer your question, you will find dead Russian troops in the wake of all their military escapades over the last few years, including the ‘tourist soldiers’ in Ukraine and Donbas. Not the mention the hundreds of ex soldiers/mercenaries of the Wagner group, slaughtered as they attempted a push on a US base in Syria.

Were the US were based.....illegaly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The Daily Mail reporter who also happened to be on board has a nice front page out of it anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Were the US were based.....illegaly

According to who. In my opinion, a regime who slaughters its own people has no legitimacy, and in that situation, deserves ousting. Where they went wrong in syria, they left it too late to intervene, and didn’t uphold their red lines.

According to who. In my opinion, a regime who slaughters its own people has no legitimacy, and in that situation, deserves ousting. Where they went wrong in syria, they left it too late to intervene, and didn’t uphold their red lines.

According to international law....something the US regularly ignores...yet claims to be upholding a rules based order....only when it suits them it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

paul71 wrote: »

Are they good places today? No, but without at least the effort that was made they would be Syria.

Look at this sounds unreal.

They let it play out....until the Russians got involved to upset their plans,in fairness it was well played by Russia.
    100s of bombing runs on terrorists
    ..something the world's most advanced military couldn't manage to do...ah I forgot they were "moderate opposition"
    The face on Obama when the Russians entered Syria Lol

• Advertisement

Is that when Bin Laden and the mujahideen went in with the backing of your beloved U.S. of A? How did that work out in the end?

Bin Laden's dead ,and russia still fled with their tails between their legs ,and then lost the whole east of Europe from Berlin to Kiev then came the Chechens a local skirmish that they lost more men and equipment than America did from Iraq to Afghanistan , they've also lost a similar numbers in East Ukraine against a rag tag , poorly equipped military who were living off handouts ,now we have turkey getting involved ,
    Desperate times ahead for putin

Advertisement